[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rotten Tomatoes score
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: star-wars-7-poster-international.jpg (339 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-7-poster-international.jpg
339 KB, 1600x1200
Go.
>>
>>63559711
85%
>>
>>63559711
>>63559726
Beat me to it. 85% is the safe score.

High 89
Low 77

Everyone will just be too happy about SW being back on the big screen to give it anything lower.
>>
83%
>>
65%
>>
87%
>>
>>63559711
67%
>>
>>63559754
Agreed. I'd say mid 80% range. Critics will give it 77% or so, but this movie has too much marketing and too much potential riding on it for it to get bad reviews.

It won't get bad reviews. No way in hell. There's too much riding on this. This is the start of Disney's 4 billion fucking dollar investment. It will succeed.
>>
>>63559711
Feminist, racially diverse and Disney's shilling bucks, the movie is a secure over 90%, no matter how bad it is.
>>
i predict it's gonna be just above average, or fucking GOAT, i really don't think it'll be shit

70 percent or 90 percent
>>
>>63559826
>Implying it won't make $4B in toy sales alone
>>
70% minimum
>>
>>63559849
>implying it hasn't already
>>
Defs in the 80% range
"Great film not as good as the Originals but much better than the prequels"
>>
>>63559826
>It won't get bad reviews. No way in hell.

Exactly, it's a movie that's being engineered to be "good".

It's not actually going to be good, because all creative liberty takes a back seat in this sort of scenario, but it'll tick a bunch of boxes which will allow it an 80% score.

I'm already disappointed.
>>
>>63559711
>79%
>blah blah spectacle blah blah predictable
>>
>>63559875
Have you ever considered that you've engineered yourself to hate the movie because of some imagined attack on creativity in film?

Maybe the problem is with you
>>
Imma be optimistic and say low 90s. 92%. You heard it here first.
>>
3.5 batteries
>>
>>63559711

70s
>>
>taking scores on corporation paid shill site RT seriously
Oh wait you actually are serious...
>>
90% minimum

the 2009 star trek movie has a 90% and the sequel is at 87%

star wars would have to be absolutely fucking terrible for it to drop below even an 80%
>>
It'll probably have a hight RT score, but nothing can save this movie from flopping at the box office.
>>
>>63559907
Have you ever considered watching the trailers for the movie? It has "safe, uninspired 80% movie" written all over it. Anyone could see it.
>>
85-90
>>
60-66 max
>>
>>63559937
You can make the argument that the movie will suck but you're fucking delusional if you think it's going to flop
>>
>>63559829
The new Star Wars is really easy to clickbait, though.

>No Women of Color in Star Wars?
>Captain Phasma: Strong Female Character Forced to Dress as a Man
>Only One Female Lead in New Star Wars? New Ghostbusters Has FOUR

And where are the transgendered? Where are the homosexuals? Where are the Native Americans?

If it'll get clicks, sites will shit all over this movie.
>>
>fuck it
99%
>>
>>63559907
Not him but I'm already disappointed with how similarly it mirrors the OT. The vilification of the prequels and the overwhelming (to an annoying degree) adoration of the OT has made this movie pander entirely to the older movies. Very few ideas seem to be fresh and original, and that's disappointing.

Shit on the EU all you want but at least it had the capacity to try new things. Mainly that was because the budget and sales needed to earn a profit weren't as ridiculous as a movie of this caliber, but it wasn't always "Original Trilogy 2.0".

I'm only speculating on what I know about the movie so far though. Maybe it'll have some nice stuff in it. The Knights of Ren seem cool, and I don't really see a mirror of them in the OT.
>>
>>63559966
It's best not to talk about the natives, they're almost all dead now. Better to just pretend it didn't happen and talk about the good things!
>>
100%

this movie will unify the masses
>>
>>63559970
I think 100 %
>>
>>63559966
>>Only One Female Lead in New Star Wars? New Ghostbusters Has FOUR
arent there 3? the female storm trooper, leia and whatever the main girl is?

anyway clickbait doesnt count as reviews because it's written to be intentionally contrarian for people who want to have a "smart" opinion about a movie they already like
>>
>>63560026
if it ever said 100% its a glitch, 99% percent is the only truthfully achievable score
>btw u d n it has nothing t d with with the rating of the film and just a rating to shw hw many agree
>>
>>63559711
0 zero
>>
>>63559711
PLEASE TAKE A SCREENSHOT OF MY POST

It's going to hit 89% or higher for the first movie no matter how shit it is because Abrams has sucked enough critic's dick to get hi to where he is today.

The second shit fest will score in the 80% my guess 87% because it's not going to be as good as the first one and they are going to hype it as the "Empire Strikes Back"

The third one is up in the air I KNOW it's not going to be in the 90's but I also know it's not going to be in the 60's so I have two guess

Either 79% or 81%

>We are all getting fucked in the ass anyways so it doesn't even matter
>>
I don't see it hitting 90%, but it's floor will be 79-80%
>>
>>63562142
Low 90s
>>
Duracell
>>
>ITT faggots who do not have the slightest clue how easy it is for Disney to manipulate RT score

It's not even IMDB ffs
>>
>>63559711

All the RT score amounts to is if critics think its worth your time to go see it. Generally anything at a 3/5 or better counts as a 100% and below that is a a 0%. Considering that Star Wars is an event film I'd expect it to land pretty much the same way the last big event film did, which was the original Avengers. Mid 90's without much effort. It would have to be pretty flawed to land in the 80's, and actually worse than the prequels to get a 70%.
>>
91%
>>
retards itt

this is getting a 98 minimum
>>
File: 1449840804857s.jpg (3 KB, 125x123) Image search: [Google]
1449840804857s.jpg
3 KB, 125x123
>>63559711
>caring about a statistic based on normies
>not a non biased informed critique of the movie
>before anyone has seen the movie
>>
>>63559970
that doesn't seem far fetched, too much nostalgia going on giving it a free pass. Then there will be this one reviewer who wants/dares to go against the mass, who will then get bombarded with death threats
>>
78%

Just low enough to reflect its shittiness despite the hype and paid reviews.
>>
>review embargo
It's fucking shit like Fantastic Four and Green Lantern
>>
>>63562424
>Disney literally shutting down the press

You could have prevented this
>>
>>63561165
Wow, you predicted a numerical representation of a movie rating based on an already leaked movie script and seasoned director. You want an award for being the next Nostadamis?
>>
>>63562203
There is an average critic rating under the percentage score.
>>
File: 8xjVB.gif (22 KB, 50x50) Image search: [Google]
8xjVB.gif
22 KB, 50x50
>>63559711

99%
>>
>>63562424
>Critics everywhere ready to spoil a movie before its release, knowing it will draw huge publicity to their specific review sight

>Disney trying to stop assholes from doing this before the movie opens with an embargo

>HURRR WHAT IT REALLY MEANS IS THE MOVIE IS SHIT

sigh
>>
>80's

kek my friends

It will get 93%
>>
>>63559711
98%
>>
>>63562610
The plot is never spoiled in reviews. They just don't want people reading shitty reviews then not buying tickets before it comes out.
>>
>>63562574
Yes exactly and critic score isn't always related to percentage score (Well, It is, but It's not exactly proportional)

I've seen movies with higher average critic score have lower RT% compared to movies with higher RT% score.

TFA might only get 7's for the rating for It will almost certainly get mid 90's for RT%.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.