[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Im with you til the end of the line, pal What is your honest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 11
File: civilwar.jpg (797 KB, 1280x2139) Image search: [Google]
civilwar.jpg
797 KB, 1280x2139
>Im with you til the end of the line, pal

What is your honest prediction on Civil War without resorting into "MUH CAPESHIT" and without comparing it to DC
>>
Prediction:
Just this once, everybody lives.
>>
>>63559423
Are you my mummy?
>>
>>63559333
Still can't believe iron meme is tarnishing Caps trilogy. It could have been a 3 great movies but nope.
>>
>>63559333
Civil War will be fun. It'll be fun seeing the superheroes fight one another. It'll be fun seeing Black Panther and Spider-Man. It'll have its flaws, but overall, it'll be good. I think it'll be better than Winter Soldier, which people really liked.
>>
>>63559807
I would guess it'll be worse than Winter Soldier, but do better business because of it being sorta an Avengers movie all its own.
>>
After credits spidey
>>
>>63559333
I know it counts a pottery meme and shit but when Cap says it back to him at the end of the movie, man that shit hit hard. That music, that emotion.
>>
>>63560501
>Youre my mission
>then finish it
>>
>>63560538
Feels man. Winter soldier is easily the best capeshit. I love Evans Cap and how against-all-oddsy he is.
>>
>>63559333

Has all the ingredients to be the best film in the genre. It's made by the guys who made the current best in the genre, The Winter Soldier.

A great thing about it is it sets the status quo for the MCU.
>>
File: Capture.png (2 MB, 1683x706) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2 MB, 1683x706
>>63560595
>Winter soldier is easily the best capeshit.

Agreed.
>>
That fucking picture man

>mfw Cap takes Bucky's side because of his promise
>mfw Iron man and his team is only out to kill Bucky and not harm Cap's team
>mfw Cap tells Tony if you want to kill him, you have to kill us both
>>
File: 136294023843bec-520x720.jpg (71 KB, 520x720) Image search: [Google]
136294023843bec-520x720.jpg
71 KB, 520x720
#teamcap

registration is fascism
>>
>>63560713
#Team Iron-man

Last thing I need is some super powered dipshit that can level a city living next to me without my knowledge.

Gun nuts are bad enough.
>>
If Bucky killed Tony's parents than I'm team Iron-man.

Fuck yo boy, Cap.
>>
>>63559333
It'll be slightly worse or slightly better than Winter Soldier.

Meaning it'll either be a 9/10 or 10/10.
>>
>>63560613
>A great thing about it is it sets the status quo for the MCU.

Ryan Coogler working in that new status quo will be amazing.
>>
>>63560761
why don't you just go to prison? everything is regulated there, you freedom hating faggot.
>>
I'm getting tired from Iron meme now, Winter Soldier was great and he wasn't in it.
>>
File: I'm with Cap.jpg (27 KB, 425x100) Image search: [Google]
I'm with Cap.jpg
27 KB, 425x100
>>
>>63560926

This is the first time we see the Russo's take on Iron-man. Tony is Tony but the character isn't needed for comedy in Civil War. That's Spider-man and Ant-man's job.
>>
>>63560902
>why don't you just go to prison?

Because I'm not the fuckwit with powers blowing shit up?

Fuck your selfish ass. Pro registration all the way.
>>
>>63559423
>everybody lives.
make this true
>>
File: hail hydra.png (54 KB, 211x208) Image search: [Google]
hail hydra.png
54 KB, 211x208
>>63561031
here is an intelligent anon
you wouldn't let independent militias roam around unchecked
doing nothing to signing your own death certificate
registration makes sense if you actually have to live in that universe
ask yourself, who watches the watchmen?
>>
Last two numbers on your post is your personal rating of the movie after viewing.
>>
>>63561048
>>63559423
>>63559444
Seriously, think about it:

Cap: Chris Evans still has at least one movie left on his contract and has lately been angling to get more in the future. Cap lives.
Bucky: Stan has 9(!!!) films on his contract, and First Avenger didn't count towards that. In all likelihood, we're going to be seeing the Winter Spoiler take over as Cap if Evans ever carries through on his retirement threats. Bucky lives.
Tony: RDJ is confirmed for one of the Infinity War parts, will probably be in both, and aside from that is basically going film to film when it comes to Marvel. Iron Man is Marvel's biggest icon right now, with the only possible challenger being a Spiderman that nobody's seen yet. Tony lives.
Nick Fury: The Nine-Film Madman. We're not even in danger of seeing the back of his bald-ass head until Infinity War, and with Jackson being able to show up and get a fat check just for delivering a few lines of dialogue, I doubt he's going to give up the money train then either. Fury lives.
Hawk guy: Four films contracted, two fulfilled. Civil War will be three. Hawkeye lives.
>>
>>63561533
!!!The Danger Zone!!!
These are the only people in any real danger of death, though it's unlikely:
War Machine: No public statement on how many films he's contracted for, except "several". Appears injured in the trailer. Has been around long enough that audiences would be sad to see him die. But, on the other hand, he appears to be attacked by Bucky, who also tries to attack Iron Man in the same spot: the arc reactor. Disabled, but not killed. War Machine probably lives, but they want us to think he won't.
Falcon: In the comics, both Bucky and the Falcon become Captain America after Rogers dies/retires/etc. One has an announced 9 picture deal and has been foreshadowed numerous times as taking up the shield in the future. The other has no announced deal, has described himself as being contracted for "like, 50" films, and has been treated as just the sidekick and black best friend. He's also said he doesn't foresee ever becoming Cap. And, for that matter, Civil War is introducing a new black best friend, and Marvel has illustrated in the past a willingness to adhere to the conservation of black dudes in a franchise, killing off excess black people on Agents of SHIELD twice. Even his role in the new Avengers is surplus, as the team has two other fliers with heavier weapons already, and one of them's also a black air force guy. On the other hand, Falcon's becoming very popular very quickly, and Mackie's implied he's sticking around for a very long time. Falcon -maybe- lives. Maybe not.
>>
>>63561606
Black Widow: Film-to-film deal, though it's rumored she's locked in for Infinity War at least. Marvel's trying to scramble past accusations of sexism, and killing off their most popular female character before they've even announced a cast for Captain Marvel would be suicide. On the other hand, she's the most... ugh... "problematic" (in storytelling terms, not in sjw terms) character in the cast, seemingly jumping sides back and forth, and she's the biggest character you could reasonably expect them to kill without causing irreparable harm to the future of the franchise. Furthermore, you could easily write her demise into this movie as the final act of heroic sacrifice and redemption for all her mysterious past acts, a thread the character's been highlighting more and more as time has gone by. Black Widow probably lives, might die.

As for the characters either showing up for the first time or clearly just returning for this movie:
Crossbones is doomed, but you knew that already.
Thunderbolt Ross will live, but we're probably never gonna see him again unless something really unexpected happens after Ragnarok.
Black Panther lives, unless of course a cop sees him reaching for his wallet.
Spidershota is basically Marvel's plan B for when RDJ stops answering the phone, so as long as Tom Holland doesn't overdose or get really ugly really fast, I think we're gonna be seeing him for the rest of time.
Martin Freeman, I hear, will basically be playing the new Coulson, so he's probably gonna make it too.
>>
It's going to be shit, just like most Marvel films since Iron Man have been for various reasons.
>>
>>63561197
>97

Neat
>>
>>63561533
>33
>3/3?
I give it three thumbs up.
>>
>>63561666
>new coulson

I wish they'd bring based Phil back to the movies
>>
>>63561778
When the old helicarrier showed up in AoU, I thought for sure they might be on the bridge crew, but I'd already heard Whedon's "As far as I'm concerned he's dead and that's that" spiel, so I figured it wouldn't happen.
>>
>>63559333
I'm not seeing it due to my "No movies based on Mark Millar comics" rule.
>>
>>63559333

I'm not fucking ready for these emotions desu
>>
>>63561814
Didn't whedon produce agents of shield though? What does the crazy fuck mean he's dead?
>>
Jed Whedon is doing S.H.I.E.L.D. and Joss is on suicide watch after AoU so his opinion doesn't matter, I dont see how the Inhumans movie can be done without Coulson at this point
>>
>Dat picture
>dem feels
>>
>>63559333

I hope MCU keeps Steve Rogers dead

>Cap murdered in Civil War
>literally the catalyst for so many plot points and character development in the aftermath
>"lol actually Red Skull used magic science bullet to make Steve trapped in timewarps even though millions of people clearly saw him get shot with a normal gun and lie there bleeding, then be buried"

I'm still pissed off about that shit
>>
>>63561883
Movie is gonna be about the space Inhumans, the royal family n shit
>>
>>63560761
>Last thing I need is some super powered dipshit that can level a city living next to me without my knowledge.

kind of like Iron Man did on more than one occassion right? when he didn't create a genocidal AI or let his robots run rampant
>>
>>63561935
How about if Tony instead keeps Steve's corpse in an iron man suit to try and preserve him and probably keep him alive and when everybody is rekt in infinity wars, an iron man suit would land infront of Thanos, inside it is he small Steve Rogers weve seen in TFA and he picks up Mjolnir
>>
I'm only looking forward to see Spider-Man. He's my all time favorite web slinger!
>>
>>63561991
While I'm sure it'd look stupid in execution, I don't hate this idea
>>
This is what I love about the Cap movies, the consistent directors helming this movie, that pic shows that there is continuity that everything down the road is connected and planned
>>
>>63561851
>>63561883
His brother did the first few episodes and then split, which left the show in a conundrum since it was started as a light hearted adventure comedy program and then it turned out the Winter Soldier was going to fuck their shit up.
According to Joss (and, now, to other people as well) there's a pretty hard divide between the TV projects (Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter, Jessica Jones, Daredevil, and the rest of the Netflix shows) and the film projects. In other words, they'll probably keep foreshadowing the films on the shows, and then doing episodes about the aftershocks and repercussions of the films, but you're never gonna see Skye or Coulson on the big screen. Same for any of the Netflix characters.

Oh, that reminds me of the one character we know is going to die in Civil War, Peggy Carter. Bitch is doomed. I'm predicting right here and now that season 2's going to finally confirm who her husband ended up being, and we'll either see him at her funeral in Civil War or, more likely, see a wedding picture of them at her wake or something.
>>
Captain American will die but he'll be brought back at the end of the first Infinite War
>>
>>63562049
The first film had a totally different director and feel.

Based Johnston. We need a Rocketeer/Cap teamup, stat.
>>
>>63562096
The first feel is kind of given, being set in a different period and all
>>
>>63561533

Yeah, look at Hugo Weaving and all the films he's been in with his multi film contract. Cap's definitley safe....
>>
>>63560973
>he character isn't needed for comedy in Civil War.

it's going to be great seeing him portrayed as the annoying prick he actually is
>>
>>63562194
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRRfSseCe1g
>>
File: Punisher-Civil-War.jpg (424 KB, 1035x1600) Image search: [Google]
Punisher-Civil-War.jpg
424 KB, 1035x1600
I wish Punisher was in it.
>>
>>63561988
>kind of like Iron Man did on more than one occassion right?

For starters Iron Man saved the U.S fucking president. WTF has Cap done to compare?

2nd, at least Tony sees the error of his ways and is being the adult here, while Cap is trying to protect a mass murdering terrorist.
>>
>>63562614
>WTF has Cap done to compare?
Ensure victory for the Allies in Cap 1 and saved the lives of millions while exposing Hydra
>>
>>63561991
M A D M A N
A
D
M
A
N
>>
>>63559333
>What is your honest prediction on Civil War

It's going to be bloated with little to no consequence. Spider-Man will feel forced no matter what they do. This isn't comic Civil War
>>
File: Penguin Classics Civil War.jpg (197 KB, 379x577) Image search: [Google]
Penguin Classics Civil War.jpg
197 KB, 379x577
>>63562922
>This isn't comic Civil War
And thank fucking god for that.
>>
>>63562971
wrong pic
>>
>>63562238
Yeah it seems like they should have waited a few years with this movie. Just to establish some more heroes and connect the shows to the movies. This 'civil war' only entails a handfull of people.
>>
File: stare.png (258 KB, 1256x1075) Image search: [Google]
stare.png
258 KB, 1256x1075
Does anyone know what Marvels plan is for when the actors get too old or too expensive?

Are they gonna go the James Bond route and just replace RDJ with new actor and act like nothing's happened? Or get a new guy in the story like Miles Morales for Spiderman (or even making Thor a woman)?
>>
>>63559333
>egomaniac billionaire who sold weapons to the government and almost destroyed the world with his genocidal AI
>giant out of control retarded green monster
>ex Russian assassin
>slavshit who mindcontroled and let the egomaniac billionaire build a genocidal AI
>space viking who's too much of a pussy to kill Loki because "MUH BROTHER"; goes after bland Earth woman when he has 10/10 warrior Sif right next to him
>arrowguy whose greatest crime is being boring as shit
>actual American war hero who sacrificed himself for his country
>despite waking up in a changed world, he didn't become a cynical cunt and still wants to do good and help people
>fights for his bro and is willing to die for him
Cap is the only true hero in the MCU.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>63563647
>how about that girl?
>the one with the lip piercing?
>yeah im not ready for that

all of my fucking keks
>>
>>63563430
Bringing other superheroes at the forefront and doing legacy characters.

Bucky will probably become Captain America after Chris Evans leaves.
>>
The homoeroticism is seething!
>>
>>63563677
Cap and Widow broing it up was great in Winter Soldier. First time I actually liked Black Widow, she's pretty shit in the other movies.
>>
>>63563709
seems a bit silly.

In 10 years when there's a threat to earth the new new avengers will come together and Iron Man is just chilling it in his tower?
>>
>>63563964

Iron Man could be dead or crippled by the end of Infinity War.

Frees up the budget by 40 million.
>>
>>63561814
That's why Whedon killed Quicksilver. Because they brought back Coulson for TV. He's a bitter fucking manchild.

Age of Ultron "broke" him. AGAGSGSHAHAHAHA a capeshit movie broke a "director". I hope he never gets work again. No idea why Marvel brought him back for AOU.
>>
>>63564088
Well, Avengers made a ton of money and was very well received.

He totally shit the bed with AoU though. Much worse reviews from both critics and fans and it couldn't beat the box office of the first one. All Phase 2 sequels made more money than their first movies, except for Avengers.
>>
>>63564151
Whedon had nothing to do with that though. Avengers was a guaranteed 100% success no matter who the director was. Hype from their Phase line up made it rake in the money.
>>
>>63564203
I know, but Marvel probably didn't want to risk bringing in another director if the first movie was well-received and Whedon was also willing to still work for them.

Why bother looking for another director in this case? I'm glad he's out now though and that the Russos will make Avengers 3.
>>
Forced romance between Sharon Carter and Cap when they should just go full gay, what is wrong with these people
>>
>>63563917

>You know, if you ask Kristen from Statistics out, she'll probably say yes.
>That's why I don't ask.
>Too shy or too scared?
>Too busy. *nonchalantly dives out of a plane without a parachute*
>>
>>63564319
http://www.ibtimes.com/captain-america-civil-war-actress-emily-vancamp-says-not-expect-romantic-plotline-2222473

Don't think we'll see much romance in the movie though, probably just a hint of a future relationship. Which is great since romantic subplots are the worst shit in action movies. Thor and AoU were completely ruined by the forced romance.
>>
>>63559333

Just watched ant man and loved it.

What are the chances of ant man making an appearance, considering he's all about second chances, and taking up another spot on the Cap's roster?
>>
>>63564276
true and agreed

I just wish they'd kill iron manlet, he's even invading the others solo movies now. I hope rdj dies irl
>>
>>63564463
Considering he's in the fucking movie, a big chance.
>>
File: Civil-War-Set.jpg (151 KB, 540x707) Image search: [Google]
Civil-War-Set.jpg
151 KB, 540x707
>>63564463
He's confirmed to be in the movie on Cap's side.
>>
>>63564589
>>63564592
Oh, well shit
>>
>>63564463
Someone liked ant man?
>>
File: Cgyyfkapture.png (361 KB, 1443x221) Image search: [Google]
Cgyyfkapture.png
361 KB, 1443x221
>>63564935
>Someone liked ant man?
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.