[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so, I've never seen any of the star wars movies. Always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 202x104) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 202x104
so, I've never seen any of the star wars movies.
Always wanted to, but never got around to it.
Going to see the new one next week, but I want to watch the other 6 first.

What is the best order to watch them in?

Chronologically, or this "Machete order" I've heard about?

I've also been warned to stay far away from episode 1. Is it really that bad?
>>
>>63558941
Episode 1 is better than Episode2.
>>
Why don't you just search the fucking archive for this answer you shit posting reject?
>>
>>63558967
I've been told episode 2 has a lot of plot shit involved, even thought its pretty bad.

From what I understand episode 1 does have all that much to it as far as plot, and it's absolutely horrible.
>>
>>63558941
4,5,6 then 1,2,3

Don't go through any machete bs or whatever, just do what normal people do
>>
since you're going to watch episode VII, might as well just watch IV-VI and pretend I-III don't even exist.

Whatever you do, stay away from II since it's CGI: The Movie.
>>
>>63558941
4, 5, 6 then 1, 2, 3 if you really want the backstory to how everything came to be. 4, 5, 6 is all you NEED to know to watch the new one though.
>>
Watch the Grow Up Order. If you go two hours without watching a Star Wars movie, shoot yourself in the head
>>
Prequels on the whole are a mess, but there's a novelty to how bad it gets by Clone Wars.
>>
Original Trilogy then Prequel Trilogy

You watch the OT for the story and characters, you watch the PT for the memes
>>
File: 200w_d.gif (189 KB, 200x236) Image search: [Google]
200w_d.gif
189 KB, 200x236
>>63559124
However anyone feels about the prequels, Ewan makes it all better.
>>
456123 it is then, thanks guys
>>
>>63559190
ewan is pretty much the only good thing about the prequels. hopefully he gets to reprise obi wan in an anthology movie.
>>
>>63559190
Ewan MacGregor and Ian McDermid are the sole reason the prequels are watchable, I'm convinced.

Even the big names in the movies sucked:
Sam MF Jackson
Liam Neeson
Natalie Portman
Christopher Lee (he was alright but the character was convoluted as fuck)
>>
>>63559190
Yeah, I really wouldn't mind seeing him as Obi Wan again, not like all the actors were bad in the prequels, but the writing is just fucking horrible. Gotta give to the actors who survived all three movies, that takes endurance.
>>
Watch them in release order for your first go trough.
That's the originals first (IV, V and V) followed by the prequels (I,II and III), and if you want more you can watch both Clone Wars cartoons and Rebels (Clone Wars movie is even worse than the prequels and can be avoided).
>>
Watch IV and then V and then the Throne Room Scenes of VI and then I think there's a cut of the prequels that condenses it enough to make it slightly watchable
>>
Torrent the despecialized editions of Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, and return of the Jedi

If you must know the backstory, then watch the prequels next. They're not necessary for the new trilogy, and Jj has pretty much said they're ignoring them
>>
>>63558941
IV V VI I II III is the only correct order

You won't really enjoy the prequels without watching the originals, since they mainly provide backstory. With that being said, they aren't actually terrible.

The "machete order" is fucking retarded.
>>
>>63558941
Watch 4, 5, and 6 (A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi).

Avoid the rest.

The backstory from the prequels doesn't tell you anything you need to know.
>>
>>63559313
Is that the one Topher Grace made?
>>
>>63558941
They're all pretty dated and slow except for ROTS. Watch them all in release order.
>>
Watch IV, appreciate it as a classic action movie with a unique setting that was revolutionary for it's time, recognize that there's nowhere else a sequel could go without retreading the same ground as its predecessor, and then move on with your life
>>
>>63559577
This.
>>
>>63559577
best answer
>>
Watch 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3

Then the new one. Don't listen to anyone else telling you any other stupid shit.
>>
>>63559577
Except Empire Strikes Back is so beloved BECAUSE it takes risks and goes darker and doesn't play it safe
>>
Here's HD versions of the original unfucked versions of 4-6, enjoy

https://kat.cr/star-wars-episode-1-3-despecialized-edition-720p-brrip-xvid-ac3-t9458502.html
>>
You do not need to watch the despecialized versions of the movies as the original cuts of the films are actually lacking some quality content, even if that content is nothing more than some minor additional scene and moments, and some improved visual effects. There are a lot of things that were added to the original trilogy that aren't necessary, but there were some things that actually helped.
>>
my only problem with decspecialized is that star wars has great sound design and even with the 8GB file the sound isn't as good as on the bluray
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.