[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Mission Impossible >Star Trek >Star Wars Can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: JJ-Abrams-009.jpg (43 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
JJ-Abrams-009.jpg
43 KB, 620x372
>Mission Impossible
>Star Trek
>Star Wars

Can't he do something original?
>>
Super 8, dumbshit.
>>
>>63558708
>be original
>in 2015
>without being based cameron

He may have made the weakest M:I movie but it was still gud and he produced 2 of the best ones. His Star Trek may have been just a blockbuster but It was the best Star Trek movie since nimoy left. Star Wars is gonna be fine
>>
>>63558771
>avatar
>original
lol
>>
>>63558769
Nothing more than a love letter to 80's spielberg alien conspiracy movies
>>
>>63558866
It's more Speilberg than anything Speilberg has done since maybe saving private ryan
>>
>>63558888
Quads of truth, Super 8 is great now
>>
>tfw you will never be Spielberg's protégé and get to direct big blockbusters without having ever directed a single movie before
>>
>>63558708
Don't see the reason for him to do it right now. Everything he touches turns to gold. Hollywood loves him. He is considered an A+ Director. Why fuck it up by wasting time and taking risks
>>
>>63558964
Wasn't it tom cruise that got him started. Tom literally just watched alias and said "hmm, my next mission should be like that"
>>
>>63558708
He directed and wrote LOST.
>>
plus super 8 was a spielberg ripoff that had a terrible third act

abrams is a hack
>>
>>63558964
He was a screenwriter for 15 years before a director tho.
>>
File: data-goonies.jpg (15 KB, 296x273) Image search: [Google]
data-goonies.jpg
15 KB, 296x273
>>63558866
>>63558888
>tfw i thought spielberg made super 8
>mwf i got mad goonie vibes from it
>>
>>63558964
Actually, JJ had a lot under his belt before directing his first big blockbuster.

He wrote music for a hollywood movie at 16. He wrote the script for Taking Care of Business. He wrote several more scripts after that. He created Felicity, and Alias.

He already had directing experience from Felicity, Alias, and Lost.
>>
>>63559037

>that had a terrible third act

How to "critique" film like a 12 year old: the phrase
>>
>>63558708
His only sin was helping make cloverfield
>>
File: 1448854393629.png (368 KB, 636x480) Image search: [Google]
1448854393629.png
368 KB, 636x480
>>63558708
Abrams hasn't made anything original in his life. Even if he had a child it would probably be cloned or something
>>
>>63558708
>gel spiked hair
>thick brimmed glasses
>pin stripe suit jacket
>plack turtle neck
>blue jeans
>>
>>63558866
Sure but it's not someone else's franchise.
>>
>>63559286
That's not gelled spiked hair, and that's definitely not a turtleneck. Fucking mobilefags.
>>
>implying I wasn't a fan of his from Alias first

S2 of Alias is downright one of the best seasons of network TV ever made, and insanely influential to boot.

That's probably part of why I loved MI3 so much, it was a cinematic Alias storyline starring the Cruise Missile and PSH.
>>
File: Lost101a.webm (3 MB, 889x500) Image search: [Google]
Lost101a.webm
3 MB, 889x500
>>
His TV works shit all over his films. The "le new spielberg" meme came out of nowhere and I just don't understand it, to me he's always been the guy who comes up with neat high concept TV shows
>>
>>63558708
The bag of money are clearly labeled.
>>
He wrote the screenplay for Armageddon, that Bruce Willis movie where deep sea oil drillers blow up an asteroid.
>>
>>63559286
The pseudointellectual fashion style
>>
>>63559656

That movie had 4 credited screenwriters and an extra guy for the "story." That movie was written by no-one but the producers.
>>
>>63559656
That's hardly a feather in anyone's cap
>>
>>63559552
his style is just derivative of spielberg, he even admits it
>>
>>63559031
the game
>>
L O S T
>>
>>63559286
Whenever I see some guy wearing a suit jacket and jeans, my mind immediately flashes to having my hands on the nuclear codes, and how I would just blow up the entire goddamn world for one person being such a goddamned faggot. Such shitty taste, a jacket and jeans. Fuck.
>>
>>63558856
Avatar was "original" as in it wasn't a pre-existing intellectual property.
>>
You tell me.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.