[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go to see krampus >empty theatre >tfw What was the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8
File: bart_8.jpg (28 KB, 249x371) Image search: [Google]
bart_8.jpg
28 KB, 249x371
>go to see krampus
>empty theatre
>tfw
What was the last movie you got to see by yourself in an empty theatre?
>>
A showing of 2001
>>
Mad Max: Fury Road rerelease.

It was fun, but I hated the Liemax I was in.
>>
The only time I've ever been close to seeing a movie in an empty theatre was when my mom took my brother and I to see Jingle All the Way

It wasn't too bad.
>>
>>63557832
>2 minutes before the movie starts 1 or 2 people show up and sit all the way in the front
So close.
>>
>>63558074
Fuckin' hate that.
>>
I think it was Lucy.

What a dumb movie.
>>
I work late hours, so I sometimes go to see movies myself at 1-3am weekdays, and even then I don't think I've ever been the *only* person there.
>>
I always go early, and on a weekday, in order to limit the number of people I have to see a movie with. I can usually get down to around 4 or 5 in the theater, but the last movie I saw in a truly empty house... that must have been Iron Man 2, which I waited until well into its run to see at the theater.
>>
John Carter. The wife jerked me off since we were the only two in there.

Movie was pretty good too.
>>
>>63557832
The Martian. Completely empty.
>>
>>63557832
David Lynch's The Straight Story. Nearly vacant with four of us.
>>
>>63558132
PROTIP:
go early if you want choice private screenings

that said, I think I saw a Resident Evil or Underworld in an empty theater
>>
The Hills Have Eyes remake back in 2006, i think.
>>
File: 1449015930439.gif (2 MB, 449x266) Image search: [Google]
1449015930439.gif
2 MB, 449x266
>>63557832
I love you beth cooper. I was actually with a girl but that was it, the fucking attendants must have checked on us 10 times though since we were clearly horny teens.
>>
>>63557832
Mad Max Fury Road
>>
>>63558257
Oh shit, actually it was Spring Breakers in 2013. Great film.
>>
Probably 300: Rise of an Empire

We went as a large group of friends and couldn't decide what we wanted to see and ended up just seeing 300 as a joke at a 10pm session

We were the only people in the cinema

Moving was unironically awful and would have been a terrible experience If we hadn't had the place to ourselves.
>>
>>63558270
They were hoping to see some underaged fucking.
>>
>>63558239
depends on the movie

Underworld obv won't have it but some movies are old people bait and they'll show up in droves early on. Plenty of old people will show up for more dramatic/prestigious movies.
>>
>>63558074
>they don't see you so they think the theater is empty and are incredibly loud
>>
>>63557832
The Tenacious D movie.
>>
File: 1337851905639.jpg (35 KB, 170x213) Image search: [Google]
1337851905639.jpg
35 KB, 170x213
>>63557832
Bridge of Spies. Had a couple walk in a bit late, they were there for a good 5 minutes and walked out. By far, one of the best movie experiences I had in a while. Great sound, spacious, snuck in a bunch of snacks and didn't have to be quiet when chewing my chips.
>>
File: esp.png (68 KB, 210x160) Image search: [Google]
esp.png
68 KB, 210x160
> Krampus
> empty theatre
Fuck me, that's depressing. That kovie is fucking great, it hurts to know that it'll het beat out evan more by Star Wars. Why are studios even releasing movies knowing they'll get stomped out by the big boot of Disney?
>>
Pixels. Not a soul.
>>
>>63558197
wow. i would pay extra to watch it empty
had some fucking faggot talk through the whole movie. i guess he got a pass since it was some little girl with down syndrome.
fucking fag...
>>
every movie I go see

I just wait a few weeks and the theater is mostly/completely empty
>>
>>63557832
God, I think it was Garfield back in fucking 2003...

It was terrible.
>>
Drive
>>
gotta say the last time was probably in like 07/08, whenever dude weed lmao (pineapple express) came out. saw it with two pothead friends and nothing of interest happened

>>63558560
mad jelly, my showing of BoS was pretty much ruined by what must have been a /tv/ browser, because this fucking kid managed to spill his soda/popcorn atleast four different times and also got out of his chair several times (he was directly in front of me) and on top of all that sounded like he was choking every fucking second of the movie because his fatass was stuffing his face with candy and popcorn

plus some other faggot was snoring comically loud in the back of the theatre. fuck movie theatres
>>
>>63558623
Yeah, they should have delayed the Christmas movie until January so they wouldn't be competing with Star Wars.
>>
>>63557832

Doom, opening night
>>
>>63557832
mad imax on a monday afternoon last day it was showing iirc
shit was so cash
>>
Gone Girl, only time ive ever been in an empty theatre
>>
I think it was at the end of the Mad Max run, the theatre wasn't empty though, there was exactly one couple in the middle of it, then came me + 6 friends memeing loudly until the movie started.
>>
>>63557832
I was on my first real date with my then gf and we saw Jurassic park the re-release together
>>
>>63557832

Well fuck, are you going to tell us if you jerked off or not?
>>
still haven't been to an empty theater sadly. It's something I always dreamed about as a kid; running up and down the aisles and shit. There's been multiple times the movie is about to start and one or two people come in. It's never gonna happen bros ;_;
>>
The Rover. It was great. It was a hot summer afternoon and I had a flask of tequila.
>>
Some Jesus movie my parents dragged me to a couple years ago.
>>
File: Homega.gif (175 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Homega.gif
175 KB, 500x375
Secret World of Arrietty
>>
File: 11173001_ori.jpg (234 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
11173001_ori.jpg
234 KB, 800x1200
Star Trek Into Darkness

Went with my girlfriend, bout 20 minutes in, we realised JJ just got lucky with the first one and i said how this sucked and she said out really loud "THIS IS STUPID"

When they crashed the Enterprise I said "AGAIN?"

We then played games on our mobile phones and gave the film shit reviews on every site we could until it ended and left.
>>
Gf and i went to watch Ice Age 2. I convinced her to go thinking there would'nt be anyone there (it was tuesday night) and i thought i could persuade her to give me a bj during the movie. The movie starts and nobody was, there so i started making my move. She was starting to make her way down to my zipper when a mother with 5 children comes in.
>>
Wasn't alone but I went with a group of friends to a screening of The Raid 2 and it was only us in the cinema. Easily the most fun I've had in a cinema (not including screenings of The Room) since we were all just loudly talking shit the whole time.
>>
Pride and Prejudice
a bunch of old women and people scattered here and there.
I think me and my friend were the only 2 not old people in there.
We left in the middle of the movie to watch Narnia.
>>
File: NAZI SKUMMM.png (280 KB, 354x472) Image search: [Google]
NAZI SKUMMM.png
280 KB, 354x472
A friend and I went to go see "It Follows" and it was completely empty. As a matter of fact, the only people in the entire theater were the cashier and her two friends.

Living in the incredibly small town of Cleveland, TN has it's perks.
>>
>>63559373
Did you pretend to be able to see someone else in the theater to freak our your friend?
>>
>>63559212

So you guys didn't fuck and you didn't leave, and to top it off you played games on a fucking mobile phone.

That is a pathetic relationship.
>>
STAR TREK Into Darkness
drank beer and smoked in theatre

good times
>>
>>63559487
LOL,
Fuck, I should had done that.
>>
>>63557832
Closest I've been to that was my siblings and some random couple in theatres.
Austin Powers 3.
>>
>>63559509
Clearly, they deserve each other.
>>
>>63557832
Never been in a completely empty theater.
Closest was when I saw night crawler last January.
There was one old couple way up front and 2 girls way in the back.
I went with my sister
The resteraunt scene made us both cringe
>>
>>63557832
Never seen one by myself in an empty theater. However, me and three of my friends watched Bowfinger in an empty theater. In fact not only was our theater empty, but when the movie ended, the ENTIRE theater was empty. Like the last 10 minutes of the movie, the sound went out, and we went out of the theater to complain, and there was no one there, Everyone went home. There was like one security guy on a different floor. The lights were off and everything.
>>
>>63559615
2 spooky
>>
saw the aqua teen hunger force movie in what wound up being a completely empty movie theater. my friend and i took our pants off and smoked a joint.
>>
>>63559036
Must of been a comfy experience!
>>
>>63559585

Or she is fucking Chad/Tyrone on the side. She was probably messaging them while her kek boyfriend was playing games and posting silly reviews.
>>
Saw Kickass 2 back when it first came out and their was maybe four people in the entire theatre. It was decent but kinda fell flat due to hardly being there.
>>
One of the Digimon movies.
>>
ATHF Movie
>>
>>63557832
How many tickets for a showtime is necessary for a theater to break even?
>>
9. Barely remember the actual movie though.
>>
The Master, albeit it was at a 3pm showing a few weeks after it released.
>>
>>63559791
Probably over half.
Most make money from the concession stand.
I never buy food from the theater.
I always sneak stuff inside my coat or go without
>>
>>63557832
>go to see Expendables with girlfriend
>we sit in the back
>nobody else in theater
>start making out
>two dudes walk in and walk straight to the back
>sits like 4 seats down

Cock blocked in a nearly empty theater. Fuck this world.
>>
>>63559931
>paying to make out
Go do it at home
>>
>>63557832
the night before in alhambra
>>
Pixels
Sent to watch it with a grill a couple weeks after it came out
Worst movie ever and we ended up walking out of it
>>
>>63557832
Percy Jackson, the first one I think.
I never read the books but apparently it was a really shitty adaptation with the second one being even worse.
>>
>>63560066
I actually wanted to see the movie though. This was our first date too. I expected nothing to happen.
>>
>>63557832

Little Nicky. I ran around the theater, jumping over the seats and going crazy. The staff told me to leave eventually.

It was the seventh time I'd been to see it in the space of 4 days, so don't blame me for going insane. Don't leave your free ticket usage until 4 days before expiry or this could happen to you. Sandler, not even once. /PSA
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.