[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Krampus General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 480x360
Let's discuss Krampus. Now, of course it's not phenomenal. But I thought it balanced horror and comedy really well and I didn't expect the ending. A lot of the deaths were fun too. What'd you think?
>>
>>63556370
That better not be an unspoiled picture of Krampus.
>>
10/10 ending family
>>
Not gonna bother watching spoil it for me
My wife saw it with her son and his father but didnt come home till 2 days later so I didn't bother asking how movie was
>>
>>63556387
It's not, it's one of the toys.
>>
Went in with zero expectations, really enjoyed it. Should have been R rated, but oh well.
>>
I liked it. Good use of props and practical effects. Feels like a movie you could rewatch pretty easily, so good fodder for streams.
>>
>>63556397
I did not get that, so are they going to die of starvation or something, how do they have power. Does time stop for them?
>>
>>63556454
It was R rated? It didn't seem like it.
>>
>the clown centipede
>the bird angel
>krampus himself
>that ending
Only things i disliked were the cookies and that best grill died first ;_;7
>>
>>63556498
It's going to be christmas day forever
>>
>>63556498
I think it's supposed to be ambiguous? When I saw it I assumed they were in a sort of Christmas purgatory, but my girlfriend interpreted it as them getting redemption but with Krampus watching them closely.
>>
>>63556542
Both are pretty based answers.
>>
Really enjoyed it. The winter atmosphere was top notch and the way Krampus leapt from building to building when he first appeared made him really imposing.

The set design/monsters were great and I really liked the costumes the elves were in. Only thing I didn't like was the ending.

Spoilers Ahead:
Midway through the film the grandmother spills the beans about Krampus; this isn't her first rodeo, and Krampus destroyed her village and family because she lost hope in Christmas, leaving only her alive to as a warning never to lose hope. You would think that this would translate well into nice transition between generations, with the child protagonist left as the "sole survivor" forced to contend with the consequences of abandoning the Christmas spirit just like his Grandmother. But no. Instead they get a potential Groundhog Day snow globe treatment. It was really weak but still not terrible.

Some other thoughts. Adam Scott is incredibly forgettable in the movie, literally anybody could have played him and I wouldn't have noticed. David Koechner is good but he's too distracting; I kept expecting him to be more goofy then he actually was because of all the other stuff he does. It's an unfortunate bit of typecasting.
>>
>>63556631
I guess I felt like the ending was a statement on the current generation. Like during his grandmother's day, she never would have called Kampus an asshole and demanded a redo. But because all the kids end up being selfish and cynical, even throughout the attacks, they get punished. I don't know, I definitely get what you're saying, but I just felt like the ending worked as opposed to it being the weakest point.
>>
>>63556370
I thought it was hilarious. David Kroger always cracks me up though.
>you know in some parts of the world reindeer are a sustainable food source
Only really tense part was when the girl is outside and the sky just goes mad dark and krampus is on the roof. The following scene of him hopping roof to roof making that screech was fantastic. I like to think since the kid stood up to the thing his family was spared but now all have the reminder rather than just him. The snow globes are like Santa's "he sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake" type thing. When the kid looks out the window he sees his neighbors and your hear children laughing and playing. They were all gone the previous time. Also why did not one character break out a Bible and shout that it wasn't that things day? Better ending would be kid screaming this is the day of his saviors birth, the Bible becoming a glowing sword and he chops off the goats head and it falls into the fire pit. But that's just my take on it. Whole family was using blasphemy left and right, but then all the songs used were classic ones about Jesus and Mary. The last thing of power was the blanket kid from charlie brown talking about the angel of the Lord saying be not afraid. Maybe if they are in eternal torment, thats why. I find it highly unfair the baby would be there though so that's why I still think they were all spared. Excellent creature designs although wanted the snowmen to come alive when they go outside and get swarmed by them and also WHERE WERE THE REINDEER?? I thought maybe they were the under the snow things but no
>>
>>63556387
Nobody has pictures of him.
>>
I was extremely disappointed that the hot girl was the first to go
>>
>>63556500
It was PG-13
>>
>>63556765
You see the reindeer at the end though Senpai, they just aren't on the attack.
>>
>>63556818
Oh I misread that. Yeah I think the movie would have been better if it was R.
>>
>>63556370
Yeah it balanced horror and comedy really well. It had neither.
>>
>>63556834
Huh mist have missed that. Were that at the little sacrifice pit? Or what was at the end with the final jump scare? Also I think it would have been cooler if in krampus bag was the entrance to hell. Just opens it and smoke pours out and a bottomless pit of lava is inside and he pulls Granny in
>>
>>63556811
She really was qt as fuck
>>
>>63556758

Yeah, it's subjective to be sure. And looking at this thread alone I like that it can potentially be interpreted multiple ways.

The other thing I didn't like was that I felt like they showed Krampus' face too much. If they had only showed it when Krampus comes down the chimney to confront the Grandmother it would have been perfect, since that was the only time it appears where it didn't look way too much like a mask.

I'll say that the ending isn't really redemptive in anyway, I think, and the most dire reading is probably the most accurate. Like Grandma said, Krampus takes. He doesn't give.
>>
>>63556891
At the lava pit where they show his sled. At least I think it was the reindeer. It cuts from the stone carving on the sled to the reindeer to the elves (which were creepy as fuck Tbh). But yeah I wish we got a better glimpse at the inside of his bag.
>>
>>63556811
This.
>>
>>63556370
Is omi or whoever in two snow globes? Or were they added to hers? I guess it depends if the snow globes are people he spared and keeps an eye on or separate torture chambers he can shake at his pleasing. Or both?
>>
>>63556868
Explain
>>
I'd rather watch the original and not contribute to your shilling.
>>
>>63556811
That's why it was good. No one expected that. I was thinking the baby would be taken early on to get it out of the way and have them all think a kidnapper is out before crazy toys and stuff attack. Also that fat kid getting caught by the gingerbread men was hilarious
>hes gonna he the biggest line backer in the state
No one else in my theater laughed at him chugging mountain dew from the bottle because I live in redneck Maine and that's as common as drinking water. I definitely felt more comedy than horror watching this.
>ah the girls are a little cranky; the steelers just lost
>>
>>63557257
I just wanted to fantasize about her more tbqh
>>
>>63557436
She should have been taken in front of max since it's his fault and should be the first to know. Have her run back toward the house and see maxs pov out the window of krampus (or swarm of snowmen) take her away, lost in the distance of the snowstorm. Seems like she died under the truck (horribly I might add) but why was the boyfriends house wrecked? Seems like some movie was cut like her making it there, boring telling one person something unbelievable while screaming and acting crazy and other person doesn't believe then oh wow now its happening "what the eff is that!?"they literally just warned you scene. I feel it would have been scarier rated r but I think they tried to make it a child movie. I imagine 9 year old me would have been scared to death of the krampus demon. Shoot he might be real now, (or someone killed him) it says in the good book "there are many lords and many gods, but we serve the God of all." I think the good ending (all getting the warning due to Max's bravery") is the canon one because its a children's movie.
>>
>>63556524
>best grill died first
this. kinda surprising. i thought they'd at least rescue her.
>>
>>63556370
It was silly and fun. I didn't expect the ending either, really. Good matinee to get drunk to in the theater alone/10, I enjoyed it.
>>
>>63556429
>>
>>63556919

It wasn't Krampus's actual face, it was supposed to be Saint Nick's face flayed off and worn like a mask. You never actually see his real face, except his eyes and true eyelids
>>
>>63558902
Hm, I like this theory a lot. I could kind of see that in retrospect.
>>
>>63558940
I only really noticed it during the confrontation scene. You can clearly see the demon blink a set of eyelids underneath the eyelids of the "face."
>>
>>63556370
great movie
loved the practical effects
>>
>>63558902
Yeh it was easy to miss but definitely not his actual face. Whole film was full of great little design choices.
Once they get to the attic it goes nuts and its hard not to absoultely love it, be scared and have a massive grin on your face
>>
Was anyone else weirdly scared during this? Honest to God I never get nervous during horror movies but parts of this made me pretty anxious.
>>
>>63558902
I immediately perceived it was supposed to be a dark allusion to saint nick, I'm not sure if it was the literal face of the real one though.

Though you could hypothesize Krampus killed santa long ago and that's why he "isn't real" anymore.
>>
>>63560204
My theater was cold as hell, so that probably contributed to it but yeah, some parts were unnerving.

Especially
the ending. I know there's a graphic novel that goes against it but he doesn't give. He takes. And the kid did wish for things to be like a perfect christmas...

And the clapping worm jack in the box. Fuck that was unnerving.
>>
>>63556370
>it's not phenomenal

except it is

10/10 movie tbqh
>>
>>63558902

I laughed with friends about how goofy the mask is and how the mouth is stuck open, thinking it was intended to be his real face and was just a bad practical effect, before realizing it's actually supposed to be a mask.
>>
>>63556498
They're fine, he's just keeping watch on them to make sure they've learned their lesson.
>>
>>63560204
>>63560869
You guys are gay. The only somewhat frighting part was krampus first showing up and leaping on the rooftops. This was a comedy through and through. Had they abandoned all laughs after the fat kid is taking maybe, but there was so much funny stuff happening it killed all horror immersion
>>
>>63561409
Agreed Krampus' intro in the street was the only frightening part.

Still I really enjoyed it overall, I thought most of the 'deaths' were week til the ending then everything felt mostly right. Was legitamitly afraid the family was going to fight off krampus and there'd be some semblance of a happy ending. Glad I was wrong.
>>
What did you guys think of the animated bit during Omi's storytime?
>>
>>63561527
I like how its open ended on the happy ending. You can believe they all got the second chance and the bell because max stood up to him, or max was sent to the purgatory as well because lol u dnt appreciate ur lyfe don't call me n asshole
>>
>>63561603
Wanted more. Especially kreampus and toys. Felt gypped
>>
>>63556811
fucking this

why kill the qt jb first?
>>
This movie sucked I hope you guys are trolling
>horrible writing
>unlikable characters
>not scary
>not funny
>not clever, felt like a mash-up of different movies
>cop out ending
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.