[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>No reviews allowed until it's out Ouch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10
>No reviews allowed until it's out
Ouch
>>
I'm sure they're just afraid of spoilers.
>>
>>63551070
yep, it's 100% going to suck.

there have been a lot of subtle indicators, but the trailers and this only confirm the fact.

remember that Disney could insist on no-spoiler reviews if they wanted, but they are choosing not to do that. because they aren't confident that they can keep the critics in line.
>>
>>63551093
I'm sure
>>
>>63551093
It's shit.

Sorry for the spoiler
>>
Trust me friend
Its going to be complete shit, but plebs are so far into muh nerd appeasing it'll be 80%+ on RT no matter what
>>
>>63551070
They know people are going to see it anyway; Disney would gain nothing from early reviews.
>>
predicting it'll be high 70's-low 80's but it's not going to be good, just like how Episode III is that high on RT
>>
>>63551070
What's to stop people posting anomalously after the screening on the 14th?
>>
Just pointing out that Disney has no reason to allow reviews. People are going to flock to the theaters over and over no matter what--why mess with that by even allowing a single negative review before everyone's seen it? Now nerds can leave the theater sustained only by hype and if a negative review comes their way they disregard it. Even if it's shit and gets shit reviews nerds will spread by word of mouth that it's amazing and people will see it no matter what. Early reviews could jeapordize that.
>>
File: fass bender.gif (871 KB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
fass bender.gif
871 KB, 245x230
>>63551281
Episode III 79%

>mfw
>>
I love the contrarians convinced this has anything to do with the final product. They made this decision before the movie was even finished. Jew Jew is paranoid about spoilers and Disney is threatening to legal action against anyone who posts pictures of spoilers.

It's gonna be great.
>>
I hope there's an industry snapback against Disney exerting such influence and the film gets shit reviews
>>
>>63551489
Why?
>>
>>63551119
>>63551126
>>63551489
>being this delusional
>>
THE INTERNET IS NOW CLICK BAIT DRIVEN

This simple fact is why NO company should allow a review before a film is released, especially if it is highly anticipated. Trolls literally monetized trolling by lashing out at things that people like.

Smart move by Jewney to recognize this. It's time all you other dipshits recognized it as well.
>>
>>63551562
That actually makes a lot of sense.

>make a controversial review
>get clicks
>profit

Jews are out Jewing the Jews.
>>
>>63551244
>positive word of mouth
>ever bad
>negative word of mouth
>ever good
>>
>>63551070
What does "until it's out" mean specifically? There's like 5 different release dates. General American release?
>>
>>63551562
>It's time all you other dipshits recognized it as well
Dream on.

Half of /tv/ threads are screenshots of social media attention whoring/clickbait articles.
>>
>>63551562
there is already a way to prevent this

only let major reviewers with reputations to throw away see the film.Disney could apply any restrictions they wanted. but they can't do that this time because a reviewer with a reputation wouldn't give them a favorable review.
>>
who cares, wait for the reviews if you want to read reviews before seeing it.

Or don't see it.

Easy.
>>
>>63551677
>a reviewer with a reputation wouldn't give them a favorable review
Nobody significant is going to give this film a bad review, you think someone with a lot to lose would risk angering both the mighty Disney and a bunch of autistic Star Wars fans?
>>
>>63551627
December 16th is the latest they'll be able to prevent reviews from general audiences. they appear to be making no effort to help critics to see the film so they'll have to have tickets like everyone else, which given how sold out screenings are means professional critics are going to have a hard time seeing it en masse.
>>
>A movie that has already busted pre-sales records is worried about poor reviews hurting its box office

Kek. They just don't want any spoilers.
>>
>>63551677
Is it better to "restrict" reviews before release rather than let them run free after release with no restrictions.

Short answer is no.

Movies are not videogames, plenty of films that were great were embargoed prior to release due to secrecy. I'm not saying TFA will be good, it could suck balls, but it's not unprecedented.
>>
>>63551119
But the trailers all looked fantastic!
>>
File: TFA2.png (234 KB, 1149x600) Image search: [Google]
TFA2.png
234 KB, 1149x600
I got yer spoilers right here. Come and get me if you can, Disney, I'm behind 500 VPNs.
>>
>>63551765
it's actually entirely possible that the movie will be bad enough to get AT LEAST ambivalent reviews. remember that this movie was written in a few weeks and was still being rewritten during shooting. it could have serious undeniable flaws that even fans won't be able to discount, like, say, the main character not being able to act or major climactic scenes not working for audiences (like the Death Star III reveal). we won't know until we see it and Disney want to keep it that way.
>>
>>63551838
>plenty of films that were great were embargoed prior to release due to secrecy.
can you list some? neutral question I'm interested in how often this has been followed by a good film.
>>
>>63551906
>remember that this movie was written in a few weeks and was still being rewritten during shooting

I'm not sure this is necessarily indicative of a poor quality. If you properly outline your script, which can take a very long time, actually completing it doesn't take very long, at which point you just need to refine and edit the script, which is often done well into screening.

Apocalypse Now's script was virtually being re-written on each new day of filming in many cases.
>>
No reviews until release is universally a bad sign. Along with dropping the director for a new one for the sequel before the movie is even released.

This will be just like the prequels. Reviewers bought off. Fanboys in massive denial. 5 years later general consensus is the movie sucks. Only thing that could shift this paradigm and screw Disneys master plan is the internet wasn't nearly as mainstream when TPM released.
>>
>>63551093
This. /tv/ won't stop spamming TFA hate until several months after it's been out.

>>63551119
>there have been a lot of subtle indicators, but the trailers and this only confirm the fact
There have been a lot of subtle indicators of anon being a contrarian fuckboy, but this asinine comments only confirms the fact
>>
>>63551871
That's not even the right font
>>
>>63551519
It's like religion, you don't have any argument that it isn't shit.
>>
>>63552025
Found the fake star wars fan
>>
>>63551119
>>63551126
>>63551165
>>63551281
Only a Sith deals in absolutes
>>
>>63552064
Found the holier-than-thou /tv/tard
>>
>>63551976
I think the internet could make the new movie outright sucking into a huge problem. Unlike the prequel trilogy, the new trilogy doesn't have the implied cliffhanger of leading towards Anakin's fall, the rise of the Empire and the original trilogy. if the new plotline just isn't engaging at all it could reduce the profitability of subsequent films.
>>
>>63551712
But then autistic manchildren won't have any superiority complex to prove.
>>
File: smug-obama.jpg (17 KB, 483x418) Image search: [Google]
smug-obama.jpg
17 KB, 483x418
>Review embargo until release date
Gee, I wonder what this means for the quality of the movie?
>>
>>63552107
Please take your fauxgeek chic back ideology back to facebook please
>>
>>63551976
I can feel your hate. It gives you focus.
>>
Literally Star Wars: The Reddit Awakens
>>
File: 1449875746951.jpg (963 KB, 4784x593) Image search: [Google]
1449875746951.jpg
963 KB, 4784x593
makes sense when all you're doing is rebooting the franchise
>>
File: UR1AWlY.jpg (10 KB, 441x408) Image search: [Google]
UR1AWlY.jpg
10 KB, 441x408
>>63552025
>Refusing to accept bad signs
Like clockwork, you can observe the Star Wars fanboy, with his Cheeto-stained, 70's t-shirt, completely abandoning all sense of reason, and denying what he sees before his eyes, while defending a company that is only out to make a profit.
>>
>>63551976
JJ isn't returning for the sequels because he doesn't want to dedicate five years of his life to Star Wars. Episode VIII is already starting production and IX will likely start soon after VIII wraps. That's a constant workload with no time to rest. It would be exhausting

Apparently Bob Iger is really happy with the product but he'd never openly badmouth it either
>>
> tfw it will be average at best, better than the prequels but in general a retreading of the original film.
> tfw people will fawn over it as the second coming of christ 10/10 cinematic masterpiece based JJ does it again!

I would rather the film be shit than average tbqh.
>>
>inb4 its going to be rated 9,6/10 at IMDB for the first two years
>>
>>63551070
a few months ago i was joking about this but now it's not funny. the whole no spoiler thing is bull shit.
>>
>>63551119
>>63552215
>guys look at all the bad sings
>a review embargo
Face it, you have nothing else to go on without treading into personal taste and risking exposing all this hate as a futile defense of subjective preference.
>>
>remake of the first one
>looks like a television show
>disney
>disney wanted it out as soon as they got the rights
>JJ
>marvel formula wanted
>forced bobby fett character instead of a natural one
fucking hell this movie is going to be trash only praised by people that enjoy being seen liking star wars more than actually liking it
>>
>>63551119
Even Lucas confirmed it was going to suck.
>"I think the fans are going to love it [...] It’s very much the kind of movie they’ve been looking for."

100% pandering and no original story.
>>
>>63552857
this line honestly reeks of George Lucas passive-aggressively saying he thinks the movie is shit.
>>
>>63552929
I value it because you can say a lot of things about the prequels but you can tell Lucas was trying to do something different than repainting the OT. I think the outcry would've been even worse in the long run if he told the same story.

"All I wanted to do was tell a story of what happened, it started here and it ends there. It's about generations and the issues of fathers and sons and grandfathers, it's a family soap opera. You call it space opera, but people don't realize it's actually a soap opera. It's all about family problems, it's not about space ships."

I'm very curious to see what Star Wars will look like in the next decade.
>>
File: 1389313866263.gif (3 MB, 194x235) Image search: [Google]
1389313866263.gif
3 MB, 194x235
its gonna be awful
>>
>>63551400
Smh, This desu senpai
>>
File: 1436107122131.jpg (54 KB, 419x368) Image search: [Google]
1436107122131.jpg
54 KB, 419x368
>>63551070
>mfw manchildren everywhere will be butt blasted over how terrible this movie is gonna be
>>
>>63551778
>they appear to be making no effort to help critics to see the film

No, we got a screening for reviewers scheduled for Wednesday morning.
>>
Of course it's going to suck. Star Wars is shit
>>
>>63551976
>Along with dropping the director for a new one for the sequel before the movie is even released.

That was decided before the movie even began production. Fuck off with your uninformed shit
>>
You contrarians are exhausting. You're simply determined to see the movie suck, made up your minds to kill excitement wherever you could, and some of you fucks are even trying to sympathize with Lucas and the prequels. I'll be happily going to see the film and form my opinions AFTER IVE SEEN IT.
>>
>>63555705
>form my opinions
No you won't
>>
Think about it /tv/, if this flick sucks we can joke about it for decades to come, by the end of our civilization.

But if this flick turns out to be good, it will be only 2 hours of okay entertainment
>>
File: 1445628137997.gif (938 KB, 298x214) Image search: [Google]
1445628137997.gif
938 KB, 298x214
ARRRRAAGGAGGGGGAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH
>>
>>63556904
Star Wars was the artistic genocide of mainstream film. You'd absolutely need to be brainwashed to have any fondness for any of this toy commercial series. If you have an affinity for the millenium falcon then you may as well have an affinity for corporate logos.
>>
>>63556904

I want it to be worse than the prequels or better than the originals. In either case, the Star Wars fanbase would be fragmented to death and the arguments would last decades.
>>
>>63556952
I was watching TV for a couple hours and during that time I saw about 200 trying to sell me shit using the star wars logo.
>>
QUWAAAAAAAAAD JUMMMPAH
>>
>>63557065
Did you purchase any star wars apples?
>>
File: 16478043639_8a702f3736_b.jpg (341 KB, 1024x620) Image search: [Google]
16478043639_8a702f3736_b.jpg
341 KB, 1024x620
>>63557324
Let the fiber flow through you
>>
what's the little shaved ewok looking thing by R2-D2?
>>
>>63556952
Ooh my. Look at this first semester community college snot majoring in the creative arts no doubt. Kill yourself. But film it first. At least your parents can get back some click adds revenue for wasting their money bringing you up.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.