[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PLEBS ON ABSOLUTE SUICIDE WATCH >"Cinema is an art form
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: tark_the_shark_on_plotbabbies.jpg (77 KB, 440x560) Image search: [Google]
tark_the_shark_on_plotbabbies.jpg
77 KB, 440x560
PLEBS ON ABSOLUTE SUICIDE WATCH

>"Cinema is an art form which involves a high degree of tension, which may not generally be comprehensible. It’s not that I don’t want to be understood, but I can’t, like Spielberg, say, make a film for the general public—I’d be mortified if I discovered I could. If you want to reach a general audience, you have to make films like Star Wars and Superman which have nothing to do with art. This doesn’t mean I treat the public like idiots, but I certainly don’t take pains to please them. I don’t know why I’m always so defensive in front of journalists—I might need you one of these days, especially if my film gets the same kind of distribution as Angelopoulos’!"
>>
Well there goes that Tarkovsky likes Star Wars meme parroted around to give SW some artistic merit.
>>
I've never understood how someone could make films for the general audience, fandoms are insufferable.
>>
>>63550438
Nowhere does he say that he doesn't like Star Wars. He probably liked Superman too.
>>
>>63550343
Poor Tarkovsky. Really thought he was relevant didn't he. How adorable
>>
>babby's first arthouse
>namedropping Tarkovsky to seem superior

Given that he's constantly spammed here him and Malick are probably the only "patrician" directors /tv/ knows
>>
>>63550600
Because people like to eat and live in abodes.

Suffering for art is stupid.
>>
>>63551206
>Tarkovsky and Malick the only directors /tv/ knows
To be fair they also mention Ozu, Wong Kar Wai, Satyjit Ray, Chantal Akerman, Tsai Ming Liang, Vertov, Antonioni, Bergman, Murnau, Dreyer, Varda, and Bresson pretty frequently.
>>
>>63550343
This explains the driving scene in Solaris, he must have noticed the initial scenes were a little too stimulating
>>
>>63550722
he`s taken in the canon of cinematique studys here in germany
>>
>>63550670
It's simple inference you dweeb. You think someone of his staunch standards would like that garbage?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.