[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shutter Island ending
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
So in the end he was ONLY PRETENDING to be delusional because he consciously wanted to be lobotomized in order to forget his trauma? Because it doesn't make much sense otherwise.
>>
>>63548324
yes
>>
>>63548324
Shit flick.
>>
>>63548324
that's the meaning of the ending, yes.

unfortunately it's a crappy way to make the intended point, because intentionally getting yourself lobotomized out of guilt isn't exactly a sign that he's really been cured and is now making rational decisions.

he's just gone from being delusional to being suicidal, but the story acts like he's made some kind of mature decision.
>>
>>63548324
Did you really need this confirmed on /tv/?

Are you that stupid anon?
>>
There was only one great shot in this shitfest.
>>
so we can all agree that the ending was trash
>>
>>63548361

That's an odd way of spelling patrician cinema
>>
This was a brilliant genre film. Perfect execution, leagues ahead of Inception.
>>
>>63548603
I'm not even memeing mate, thinking that Shutter Island is patrician is one of the most reddit opinions a person could have on a movie.
>>
>>63548345
Good. For the first few minutes I just thought Scorsese (or whoever the original author was) just pulled a downer ending for no reason, but then it dawned on me.

>>63548405
I think some suicidal people can be considered rational. Euthanasia candidates come up with healthy psychological evaluations, I've heard.

It's one thing when a teenager wants to jump off a balcony because his girlfriend left him, but in this guy's case? Not so much "a permanent solution to a temporary problem", is it? The horror would never go away, and I think offing yourself is arguable a rational choice here.
>>
>>63548693

The fact that you used "Reddit" instantly negates any criticism you have.
>>
>>63548324
I love how most amerifats had to go to the movies twice to see this film to understand that simple ending...
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.