[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So one of my friend decided we should have a Star Wars marathon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 11
So one of my friend decided we should have a Star Wars marathon before seeing SW7

I told him we should watch them in release-order and he told me that this was fucking retarded since 7 was a sequel to Return of the jedi.
I couldn't provide any counter-argument.

Help please.
>>
1 4 5 2 3 6 nigga
>>
>>63543294
It is fucking retarded, your friend seems much smarter than you, why can't he be the one posting here instead?
>>
>>63543294
>>
Watch the originals.
>>
>>63543370
fucking this
>>
You can't provide any counter argument because he's right.
Why wouldn't you watch 6 last? You're about to see 7, you're retarded
>>
>>63543294
6,5,4 then 4, 5, 6 then finally 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

only way to enjoy the series fully tbho fan
>>
>>63543354
I like this, actually.

I've always hated Machete Order because it cuts out Episode 1, but watching it first and then doing Machete Order makes sense to me.
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 560x560
>The Complete Saga
>>
Why would you ever watch anything in anything other than release order? It's how they were originally watched.
>>
>>63543354
>>63543392
>le I need to watch the movies in some butchered order to enjoy them meme

You're obviously not a real fan then and should kindly just fuck off.
>>
>>63543526
>You're obviously not a real fan
Thats rich from someone thats hyped for episode reboot and get his opinions from social media memes
>>
File: Pepe_gun.jpg (6 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
Pepe_gun.jpg
6 KB, 200x194
>>63543478
>entire saga represented by Jake Lloyd
>in that splash page with all the characters in the box the OT protagonists are stuffed into a corner while Jar Jar gets front and center

I really wish I could hate George to death
>>
>>63543448
I like it because it actually puts more emphesis on the Vader reveal.

>mfw new viewers not just realizing that Vader is Lukes father, but hes also that was the protagonist of Episode I
>>
>>63543514
Because you're about to see a sequel to episode 6, not 3. The events of 7 happen sooner after 6 than they do 3, so why wouldn't you watch 6?
>>
>>63543294
Watch them in the Machete order, m8.

4, 5, 2, 3, 6.

Much better than what Lucas envisioned.
>>
>>63543684

This. Machete order is the way to go.
>>
>>63543623
Do you think it might be better to go 4 > 1 > 5 > 2 > 3 > 6?
>>
>>63543294
Watch them in Machete order, but get rid of AoTC.
>>
>>63543294
>friend
NORMIES GET OUT
>>
4 5 6
>>
>>63543750
If you're just going to watch one of the prequels, why watch any of them?
>>
I hate this machete order meme

Return of the Jedi was not made with the intention you would see movies that came out 20 years later
>>
>>63543750
>>63543684
>>63543392
The Matchete order is garbage because it ignores the best episode from the prequels, the one with actual practical effects, the other two are pure CGI trash.

>>63543294
Watch them in release order, you'll get a better feel of how the franchise went through the ages so you can appreciate how the new one improves on the last material we got.
>>
Modified Machete order:
Machete order starting from 4 and after 5 you skip 2 and 3 and go directy to six

best way to enjoy the story imho
>>
>>63543644
Is this an Alzheimer's thing or something?
>>
Watch:

IV - V - II - III - VI (I doesn't exist)

Patrician order. Not even joking.
>>
>>63543644
But you would watch 6, and then the prequels. It's not like you'd forget what happened in 6 unless you saw it last.
>>
>>63543526

1234566 ruins the 45 by already showing Anakin's fate.

456123 sucks because you go from a finsihed story to a brand new finished story. Makes the Prequels far less interesting since nothing can top that ending

> Introduced to a new world
> Learn about luke and vader
> See the story about Vaders fall from grace
> See Vaders redemption
>>
None aka Grow Up Order
>>
>jumping on the machete order bandwagon
Thought I knew you better, /tv/
>>
>>63543354

>1 before everything

That's retarded..

SW is a story about Luke. Starting it with Luke and ending it with Luke is how it should be. But you're starting with the Anakin story, and then two movies about Luke. It's dumb.

Remove 1 and you're good.
>>
Tell him to skip it and just read the wikipedia pages instead.
>123
You already know it because of social media memes
>star wars 4
George Lucas is the master of oversimplification. All the characters in Star Wars are terribly black and white and not a single one even remotely leans towards the second dimension. The cheap trick to use plain text as exposition for the upcoming events is a slap in the face of cinema. The entire purpose of film is to convey stories through dialogue and images.Lucas doesn't get that.His writing skills are pre-school.
>star wars 5
The most over rated movie of all time. Pseudo nerds will have you believing that george lucas ruined this movie that was once so great even though they probably didnt even see the original version until after the new ones came out. You can find these geek posers at your local comic cons repeating everything plinkett says wearing there han shot first shirt thinking they sound like they know what there talking about, but take it from me these movies are on par with bollywood scifi shit dont waste your time.
>star wars 6
Let's see, for an adventure, the pacing is mostly off, with lots of periods where nothing happens, and even the action scenes are nothing special. The plot also seems fairly contrived. Say, since this is the final battle between good and evil and all that, the emperor's preparations seem fairly rushed. You'd expect more care to have been taken in keeping that shield intact, for example. Also, since his grand scheme is to turn Luke Skywalker to the dark side of the force, isn't he trying to kill him too soon after Luke offers some resistance?
>>
What the fuck is this meme order supposed to do?

Why does jumping around in time like a retard make it better?

I mean. You've already seen the fucking things. It's not like any reveal will be unique if you watch it out of order.
>>
>>63543858
It's for story purposes, to add extra weight to Vader's big reveal, and to explain Anakin's backstory in a more streamlined way (hence cutting out 1, nothing to do with the plot).
>>
>>63543788
This to be frank. I doubt the new movie is going to reference the prequels much anyway.
>>
>>63543858
You can include Episode 1 if you like it anon, the removal of Episode 1 is optional and was made because the episode is largely irrelevant to the series and actually ruins some of it.

But if you like it, go 4 5 1 2 3 6. You'll still get the Machete Order experience.
>>
>>63543949
I guarantee you that most of these people aren't /tv/

We've had a huge increase of cancer visiting because they think spoilerman and the release of this new movie means they're welcome here
>>
File: jedi_ruined-300x128[1].jpg (9 KB, 300x128) Image search: [Google]
jedi_ruined-300x128[1].jpg
9 KB, 300x128
>>63543514
>Why would you ever watch anything in anything other than release order?

Because WHO THE FUCK IS THAT GUY ON THE LEFT?
You don't see him until two movies later after VI.
>>
1 4 2 5 3 6
>Watch two stories cut together evenly. One following Anakin and one following Luke.
>You don't get to see any hints that Anakin becomes Vader until possibly 2, in which the hints are very vague and mostly subtle
>In 5, the Vader reveal happens, which has even more impact because we've been following Anakin's story for two movies so far
>In 3, it's explained how Anakin becomes Vader

It's good for marathon purposes too because you never have to spend too long at a time watching the prequels. Any time you're watching one of the prequels, at least you know that one of the originals is up next.
>>
Just watch the original trilogy.

The new movies are going to try to distance themselves from the prequels as much as possible
>>
>>63543526
Why would you want to be a fan of anything?
>>
>>63544147
>The new movies are going to try to distance themselves from the prequels as much as possible
I doubt it. 7 definitely will, but 8 and 9 will probably be full of references to the prequels.
>>

I watched it in this order and everything was fine. However, I'm sure some autist will rage at this.
>>
>>63544147
Found the guy thats only a star wars "fan" because the big bang theory made it "cool" to like it
>>
Can we delete this entire board already for fuck's sake
>>
I get watching the prequels before the older ones if you are doing a marathon. But who the fuck wants a story suddenly be interrupted for 2 movies for some backstory before it can continue again?

Are you watching it together with a bunch of texting niggers who constantly go "who dat?" and you got angry so you decided to put on the prequels to get them to shut up?
>>
>>63544018
the machete order thing seems so absurd. All these guy enthusiastically recommending it. It just doesn't seem to fit in this place. It's jarring.

OH YEAH THE MACHETE ORDER BEST THING EVER FUCK

and besides that who would even recommend watching the prequels, I can only imagine it happening in the most extreme star wars fan board you can think of.

So what's up with this cancer? are they autists? Are they shills? What the fuck is going on
>>
>>63544104
Firstly, you'd have to be pretty retarded to not be able to figure it out.

Secondly, why would you watch that version?
>>
>>63543973

Starts the story with Luke all the way until Vader tells Luke he's his father. Then you get to watch Anakin actually become Darth Vader. Then episode VI you get to watch both protagonists together, now having background story about both of them, and then story ends.
>>
>>63543294
if star wars was a novel itd be written in machete order, all of ep 1s major points are either resolved or re-introduced in ep 2
>>
>>63544198
Never said i was a fan, dipshit.

I'm just saying don't waste your time with poorly made movies, specially when they are going to be largely irrelevant for the new movies.
>>
>>63544198
enough of this blatant memery! Reddit cease it!
>>
>>63544238
>Firstly, you'd have to be pretty retarded to not be able to figure it out.

We'll figure it out. Kids won't.

>Secondly, why would you watch that version?

It's the only one available on DVD/BD. And let's face it, it's the version new fans will be watching. It's the official canon now.
>>
>>63544262
Jin and Maul are major points resolved in 1
>>
>>63544009
How does Episode 1 ruin anything?
>>
>>63544194
Showed someone in that order recently. Terrible Idea. Yoda was spoiled, Vader was spoiled, luke was spoiled, leia was spoiled. The whole of 456 was left with shitty 70's special effects with no suprises.
>>
I'm just watching III before IV, V and VI.
>>
>>63544262
If star wars was a novel it would be the hunger games
>>
>>63544190
The only relevant thing i can see them mentioning from the prequels is how Anakin became Darth Vader.

Everything else won't get mentioned, unless you believe that theory that Jar Jar is the new sith lord.
>>
>>63544250
That sounds so retarded I don't even know where to begin.

Why would you want to watch like 4-6 hours of a flashback in the middle of a story you already know everything about?
>>
7 is going to be pretty separated from the rest of the films

Going in chronological order makes certain things a bit confusing, but it's not much more drastic than the release order

Going in chronological order will probably leave a better taste in your mouth
>>
>calling it SW7
It's time for underage reddit to leave.
>>
>>63544009
>You'll still get the Machete Order experience.

yeah the best experience in the world I assume.

This is literally, literally reddit tier- and I don't mind it in the "this is reddit" meme way. This is serious. Go the fuck away. Retard.

>>63544250
yeah because the prequels tells such a good backstory that it shouldn't be missed at all.

pro tip the originals work better if you make your own intuition of how anakin went bad. In the prequels anakin doesn't go bad, he is fucking insane and he actually seem to have gained some perspective and stability in the OT compared to the murderous psychopath rage episodes he had as Anakin
>>
Oh my God you people are sad as fuck

or

These are both acceptable. Who fucking cares what order people watch them in? They could watch them as 2,3,4,5,1,6 for all I care, why are you all acting like there's some mystical, magical and better sequence to watch them in? Fucking losers.
>>
>>63543972
nice meme
>>
Clone Wars movie > 1 > 2 > 3 > Holiday Special > Caravan of Courage > Battle for Endor
>>
Watch 4 - 5 - 6
>>
455123 if you are watching them for the first time

Original order of 123456 if you have seen them and is doing a marathon.

It's the only thing that makes sense unless you are a huge faggot.
>>
>>63544233
Machete order is almost necessary for first viewings because it maintains all the twists and only redditors avoid the prequels.
>>
>>63544126
Honestly, this is much better than Machete Order.
>>
>>63544488

lmao can't wait for this post to be deleted -.-'''
>>
File: 1442967089563.gif (134 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
1442967089563.gif
134 KB, 340x340
>>63544445
>getting this mad about fat nerds arguing
>>
>>63544445
BUT DUDE THE MACHETE ORDER EXPERIENCE

by the way the only acceptable orders are these

4, 5, 6
4, 5, vader and palpatine and luke scenes from 6
OR
no star wars movies at all
>>
>>63544475
>Not Clone Wars 3D, 6, 2, Clone Wars Cartoon, 4, 2. Clone Wars Movie, 1, 5, That bum at the subway, 3.

You faggots need to get on the Bernoulli Method
>>
>>63544530
>and only redditors avoid the prequels.

what is this stupid meme
>>
>>63544388
>Why would you want to watch like 4-6 hours of a flashback in the middle of a story you already know everything about?

Kids won't know it. You're assuming everyone has already seen these movies, which is not true.

And the new stuff added into the movies makes both Release Order and Episode Order stupid.

http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

He makes good points of why the new stuff added ruins both orders.
>>
4, 5, 6, The Prequels Plinkett reviews, 7
>>
>>63544295
What are the best films of 2014 and 2015?
>>
>>63544608

The Martian and Independence Day
>>
>>63544608
Captain Capeshit 2 and Meme Max: Feminist Road
>>
>>63543894
That's not the machete order?
>>
>>63544583
4, clone wars cartoon, dark forces videogame, jedi academy video game, 5, 2, clone wars video game, phantom menace videogame, 3 then you stop at the point where sidious talks about the sith and then you play kotor 1 and 2 twice in a row (once jedi and once dark jedi) and read the old galactic republic comic book series, then you skip the ending of 3 and go directly to 5, after the vader reveal you return to three to watch anakin getting burned and turned into vader, then you go to the n64 video game shadow of the empire, then finally 6, then you go on /tv/ and start discussing the merits of the prequel trilogy and how only redditors don't like them
>>
>>63544593
Still doesn't change the fact your your experience is ruined by a 4-6 hour long flashback at the climax of a series.

Anything you might have gained by watching it out of order is at the same time lost by the fact that you are watching it out of order.
>>
>>63544598
This tbqhf
>>
>>63544359
>Midchlorians or wathever the fuck they are called literally ruins the Force, but they are barely referenced in the posterior movies. Skipping 1 allows you to ignore that.
>Skipping 1 allows you to skip Child Anakin, which is not only boring as fuck, but makes Anakin's character better and more believable overall.
>The romance between Anakin and Padmé is also more believable this way.
>Obi-Wan and Anakin's Master-Student relationship is much better if you leave Episode 1 out, since there we find out Obi-Wan never wanted to train Anakin and only did it for Qui-Gon.

Among others.

There's an article out there where the guy who proposed this viewing order explains his reasoning, it's pretty interesting.

I'm fully convinced that the Machete Order is the best for first-time viewers.
>>
To be honest with you, fellerinos. The KotOR giddy game is the only good Star Trek material this side of the river. Also, The Man in the High Castle is an okay show but it needed time travel.
>>
>>63544593
>He makes good points of why the new stuff added ruins both orders.

1- who the fuck cares
2- why would you even recommend watching the official lucas re-releases
3- why would you even recommend watching the prequels
>>
>>63544716

How much pussy have you conquered?
>>
we had multiple threads recently that were essentially about nerds nerdgasming over the MACHETE ORDER OH MY GOD BEST ORDER EVER

what the fuck is up with this shit? Is this an elaborate meme? Shills? Autists? Can we please stop deleting BANE? threads if they can push out filth like this?
>>
>>63544716
>Midchlorians or wathever the fuck they are called literally ruins the Force
How so?
>Skipping 1 allows you to skip Child Anakin, which is not only boring as fuck, but makes Anakin's character better and more believable overall.
>Skipping Child Anakin makes Anakin's character better and more believable
How so?
How so? If anything, suggesting that they met for the first time in Episode 2 makes their romance less believable.
>Obi-Wan and Anakin's Master-Student relationship is much better if you leave Episode 1 out, since there we find out Obi-Wan never wanted to train Anakin and only did it for Qui-Gon.
It's important to know that training Anakin was an obligation passed down by Qui-Gon though. Why would you want to cut out something so integral to their characters?
>>
>>63544716
>Midchlorians or wathever the fuck they are called literally ruins the Force, but they are barely referenced in the posterior movies. Skipping 1 allows you to ignore that.
Won't that make the entire idea of Anakin being the special snowflake who gets a shitload of special treatment redundant?
Apart from the fact that like half of episode 2 is spend on Anakin moaning about how she forgot him while he's been thinking about them since they met in 1. And how it pretty much built up her entire character from a princess to a "badass" fighter?
>>
>>63543294
From the thumbnail, I thought that was Ackbar standing behind Anakin.
>>
>>63543972
>Pseudo nerds will have you believing that george lucas ruined this movie that was once so great even though they probably didnt even see the original version until after the new ones came out.
what are you on about m8?
>>
>>63544752
>2- why would you even recommend watching the official lucas re-releases

Only ones available now, unless you wanna hunt down some shitty VHS rip.

>3- why would you even recommend watching the prequels

III is good. Sue me.
>>
>>63543788
This. Why would you watch the prequels at all? They completely undermine the OT. Fuck 'em.
>>
>>63544126
I think it would be very jarring to jump from 4 to 2. there is no real connection there to be made. watching and 2 and 3 after 5 is prompted by finding out darth vader is luke's father, hence anakins backstory. 2 after 4 is essentially who are these people and why am i watching this.
>>
>45236
What about 1?
>>
>>63545447
Don't listen to machete order fags
>>
why would you want to watch the new movie
it's basically about the genocide of white people
>>
>>63545430
4 feels like a standalone movie. It doesn't even feel like it's supposed to have sequels. There's nothing jarring about jumping from it to a seemingly unrelated movie.
>>
>>63545447
People who push Machete Order are retarded children who actually think 1 is so bad and so much worse than 2 or 3 that it should be cut out entirely.
>>
>>63545447

Irrelevant. But if you must watch 1, then put it before 2 and 3.
>>
Just watch it in whatever fucking order you want, since it has no bearing on other people.
>>
>>63545602
Then /tv/ won't have anything to argue about.
>>
Just a reminder that if you skip 1 but not 2 and 3, then you're implying that 2 and 3 are somehow good movies.

If you watch all of the prequels, it doesn't imply anything. You could just be watching them for the sake of watching all six movies. If you skip 1, then you're suggesting that 1 is just "that really bad one" and 2 and 3 are genuinely good movies.
>>
>>63544438
>perspective and stability in the OT
This. I think the prequels give good context for why Obi-Wan and Yoda essentially want him assassinated (his being a raging psychopath of course) but why Luke is able to see the good in him or whatever in RotJ.
>>
>>63545506
but thats the thing, if they dont seem related at all then why watch them together? it would feel like watching 2 unrelated series at the same time rather than one.
>>
File: default.png (2 MB, 1921x1031) Image search: [Google]
default.png
2 MB, 1921x1031
found this on another board,

you guys have any idea what that could be?

i mean kamino shouldnt be part of the new movie. so maybe there is another game in the pipeline? or an dlc for bf?

found nothing so far.
just a entry for Kamino on wookipedia.

but nothing with kamino enterprice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PLwSBkoimg
>>
>>63545817

its sayin 13 dec...

so day after tomorrow we´ll know
>>
>>63545776
>but thats the thing, if they dont seem related at all then why watch them together?
In other words, why watch these two trilogies together at all?
>>
File: 1449622734408.jpg (31 KB, 331x257) Image search: [Google]
1449622734408.jpg
31 KB, 331x257
>>63545817
>tfw you'll never live somewhere as comfy as Kamino
>>
>>63543294

here's an idea, faggot, don't even bother with the prequels at all. watching 3 90+ minute movies is still a marathon
>>
4 5 6.

Why trouble yourself?
>>
>>63545817
they did trailers for the battle of jakku in the new BF so this may be a teaser for a Kamino map
there was a kamino map in BF2 that was pretty based
>>
>>63546054
Sorry, I meant to say:

Star Wars, Empire, Jedi.
>>
>>63545817
actually it may be one of the standalone anthology films too
>>
>>63546144
I very much doubt that. With all the "prequel hate" that goes around, having a movie about a prequel-only plot point will obviously be doomed from the start. Kamino is damn cool, sure, but it can't carry itself in a lone movie.
>>
>>63545938
i think that the ending of 5 provides a satisfactory connection and relation to warrant watching 2 and 3, namely the reveal that vader is luke's father. the issue with going from 4 to 2 is that the importance of vader has not been established. in 4 he is simply an intimidating pawn of the emperor. there seems to be no need to give him backstory. why not give backstory to someone like tarkin who is of greater importance to the empire instead? 4 has the throw away discussion of luke's father being killed by vader and that is easy enough to accept and move on from. yet the ending of 5 shows that there is more to his fathers story and provides a mystery, hence 2 and 3. there is now a story worth pursuing. 2 after 4 raises the question of why would one be focusing on luke's father so heavily?
>>
>>63546269
It's Star Wars dude it's not that deep
>>
>>63545817
A manage your clone factory sim?
>>
star wars for girls....

damn you disney
>>
File: 1428532571202.jpg (122 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1428532571202.jpg
122 KB, 1024x1024
>people actually want to watch the prequels again

Here's an idea instead. Watch the original trilogy. Then buy a copy of the prequels, tie it to a brick, douse it in gasoline, light it on fire and quickly heave it threw George Lucas's front window.
>>
File: picture 1.png (109 KB, 679x231) Image search: [Google]
picture 1.png
109 KB, 679x231
>>63545817

KAMINO SYSTEMS
GENETIC ENGINEERING AI ITS FINEST

and something with FASCINATION

and the thing on the left looks like

-.-
>>
>>63546508
>stop liking what I don't like
>>
>>63543722

Machete order = Godfather 1 and 2 if you think about it.
>>
>>63543294
Then just watch the original trilogy to make your friend happy, and watch the prequels when he leaves.

Problem solved.
>>
>>63546542
reddit is empty
>>
>>63547063
he's right, you will understand hopefully
>>
Just watch the OT, in order of release. There's no reason to waste time on the prequels.
>>
>>63547139
/thread
>>
>>63544438

DESU, without the EU you don't really know that Vader realized he became an evil monster and tried multiple times to subvert that before almost giving up until he found out his son was still alive. Part of what made him scary is that you never knew if he'd be merciful or not in a particular situation, underscoring that he was still to an extent unstable, abit more subdued than youngling chopping.
>>
>>63544608
>What are the best films of 2014 and 2015?

I have watched only a few recent films but:

- Whiplash
- Interstellar
- Ex Machina
- Mad Max: Fury Road
- Bitter Lake
>>
File: 1436743342469.png (265 KB, 600x453) Image search: [Google]
1436743342469.png
265 KB, 600x453
>>63545817
>>63546542

That sounds like a RTS to me.
>>
>>63545263
3 is by far the best of the prequels but I wouldn't call it good
Sure, the writing is no longer awful and there are a few genuinely great scenes, but it still has that feeling that all the prequels have, where they just don't feel part of the same universe as the OT
Also Anakin was still just as bad which wasn't Aiden Christensen's fault, leave him alone kids
Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.