[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand people who watch 5 or 6 hours of TV a day.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: wintersnowpic.jpg (831 KB, 1079x875) Image search: [Google]
wintersnowpic.jpg
831 KB, 1079x875
TV is generally horrible. It's stupid and boring. How can people just watch a bunch of series, to say nothing of buying the boxsets or getting entire seasons on Netflix? I'm not saying there haven't been a few good TV shows over the years, and a few excellent shows, but still. Even as a child, I didn't watch much television, and by about age 22, I was watching even less. Thoughts on this? Or are these unfair charges?
>>
Television has gotten much better in the past decade or so. Sopranos basically blew the door open for it to become a respectable art form and not just a means of pushing advertisements

Also this is you OP
>>
>>63543066
Use to watch close to 7 hours of TV a day in high school. Now I'll watch an episode of something while eating dinner, half the time I wont even finish the episode.
I am on the internet a hell of a lot more tho, but hey at least that involves reading.
>>
File: peirrotlafoupic3.jpg (73 KB, 500x517) Image search: [Google]
peirrotlafoupic3.jpg
73 KB, 500x517
>>63543122

Why is that me? Because I realise how awful TV is, and laugh at people who watch reality TV, a bunch of mediocre dramas, and Mrs Brown's Boys? I'd much rather watch a film, read a book, or listen to music.

Oh, and I'm thin, and don't have a hat like that.
>>
>>63543122
>Sopranos basically blew the door open for it to become a respectable art form

*tips fedora*

Sopranos is shit. I got tired of it after 5 episodes. Every episode is the same. You can't just read the synopsis of each on imdb and you're good to go.
>>
you're right OP, almost all television is garbage. Epecially modern sitcoms and reality television. The stupidest people alive spend their time watching television. thats all you need to know
>>
File: cringe.jpg (205 KB, 608x367) Image search: [Google]
cringe.jpg
205 KB, 608x367
>>63543261

>Oh, and I'm thin, and don't have a hat like that.
>>
>>63543261
Why is Godard so terrible?
>>
Cable television is awful, but I don't see what the big deal is about tv series. Many have been on the level of film for a while now.
>>
>>63544693
>Many have been on the level of film for a while now.

2/10 made me reply
>>>/r/eddit
#DrinkBleach
>>
>>63543066
That's why you should switch to watching cinema. Tv is awful, but the lasting achievements of cinema are in the 1000s. Even if you watch them all you'll never really run out because you can rewatch stuff you may have forgotten or see new aspects each time.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.