[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about Axum. How did they remain Christian, and true
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: LocationAksumiteEmpire.png (18 KB, 397x295) Image search: [Google]
LocationAksumiteEmpire.png
18 KB, 397x295
Tell me about Axum.

How did they remain Christian, and true to Christianity, when so cut off and surrounded by Islam.

How different is Axumite Christianity to the rest?

For those who don't know, Axum was a Kingdom in East Africa from around 100AD to 940AD.
>>
I thought i was on /his/

Fuck

Well here we go

WE
>>
WUZ
>>
KINGZ
>>
>>63541955
N SHIT
>>
>>63541881
>>63541903
>>63541924
>>63541955
>>63542563
epic! screencapped for r/his and r/4chan!
>>
The answer to this is simple, both islam and christianity are desert religions from that very region
>>
I can tell you about Bane.
>>
>>63541881

they lived on the mountains surrounded by desert, Islam wasn't a threat.
>>
>>63543192

They ctually tried to invade pre-islamic arabia, Quran says their elephants were killed by birds caring rocks.
>>
>>63541881
Christianity has very deep roots there ; Axum also enjoyed a non-aggression pact with the muslims from the north ; they were not totally surrounded by muslims though.
>>
>>63541881
not videogames. This is t/v/. Only /v/ memes and star wars allowed. Go back to reddit for your history shit.
>>
>>63543192
This. Consider that even in the 20th-21st century Ethiopia was never really 'conquered' and in fact defeated the first Italian force sent there.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.