[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Adam Ruins Everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: adamruins-fb1.jpg (113 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
adamruins-fb1.jpg
113 KB, 1920x1080
This is, unironically, one of the best shows of 2015.
>>
DUDE

"OBSCURE" FACTS

LMAO
>>
>>63542181
Nothing obscure about most facts, just disarming irrational superstitions with basic science.
Still no God episode tho
>>
I actually enjoy this show. Some episodes are just stupid (Jaywalking, video games) but most are pretty cool and I honestly wish more people would watch it just to fucking learn something for once.
>>
>>63541866
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlnrV06-YDQ
>>
>>63542227
>some people think that science can disprove a being considered god

maybe a god based in a world religion, but honestly,

shiggy
>>
>>63542476
it would be more anthropologically disproven than scientifically disproven though
>>
>>63542391
>Games are games, Jake.

WHAT THE GODDAMN SHITFUCK ADAM YOU DOGFUCKER DON'T YOU FUCKING COMPARE GODDAMN CANDY CRUSH TO SHIT LIKE ALIEN: ISOLATION FUCKING CHRIST KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>63541866
It was alright until that fucking GIRLS CAN PLAY VIDEOGAMES episode
>>
I've only seen one episode, and while the guy is annoying as fuck the production quality is a joke, I like it because he said it's perfectly fine to only shower once a week.
>>
>>63542906
I was thinking more that people try to disprove the idea of "God" via science

but yeah, anthropology pretty much debunks all of the notable religions, you are 100% correct on that
>>
>>63542906
lots of people in the world understand their various holy texts to be guides and models of behavior, not literal fact

protestants in the US have a tendency to take things very literally and so people tend to think all religious people do

youll literally never disprove g*d so just give up faggot. religion is about solidarity and morals, not about forming a competing model to compete with the scientific model
>>
>>63543016
>lots of people in the world understand their various holy texts to be guides and models of behavior, not literal fact
>protestants in the US have a tendency to take things very literally and so people tend to think all religious people do
Thank you.
The worst part is that, even Europeans where most religious people don't take their holy books literally, fedora atheists now think they do as they rarely converse with actual believers but only know the American Protestant stereotype.
>>
>>63541866
I think the show is alright, but I will say I don't like the TV character he plays, I mean I know it's meant to be "annoying", but I don't like it.

Doesn't stop me from watching it though.
>>
>>63543132
All fucking niggers must hang.

And by niggers, I mean religious people.
>>
>>63542946
>the guy is annoying as fuck
>>63543199
>the TV character he plays, I mean I know it's meant to be "annoying",
I think Adam uses the same basic trick as Mr. Plinkett. People can relate more to a crazy person than a smart person and it disarms a certain kind of criticism.

This analysis of Mr. Plinkett sums it up very well:
"Stoklasa's major conceit—that someone would have to be "crazy" to watch movies the way Plinkett does—also implies a barely hidden inverse: that the film industry has induced a consumerist fantasy in people who don't watch movies this way. Plinkett's obscenity and jokiness are without a doubt designed to garner viewership, but they are also Stoklasa's apology for—or defense against—a culture that already construes his level of passion as pathological"

The writers of Adam use the same technique.

Mike Stoklasa is a genius.
>>
I didn't know how a hymen worked until the sex episode
>>
>>63542391
this really reveals what a hack fraud he is
>>
>>63543792
Yes. Yes it does.
>>
>>63542391
>movies are movies, that's why Problem Child 2 is just as good as The Godfather

>books are books, that's why Fifty Shades of Grey is just as good as Lord of The Flies
>>
File: 1448675790594.jpg (63 KB, 693x663) Image search: [Google]
1448675790594.jpg
63 KB, 693x663
>>63543375
>Mike Stoklasa is a genius.
>>
>>63543554
Well, how does it work?
>>
>>63544484
>not agreeing with that
Few people in film are as smart as Stoklasa
>>
>>63544582
>likes capeshit
>genius
Pick one.
>>
File: 1449867305710.jpg (53 KB, 609x562) Image search: [Google]
1449867305710.jpg
53 KB, 609x562
>>63541866
Stop shilling this stupid shit
>>
>>63542391
>lol games are games
>So why aren't the 95% of women who play video games playing the games that I think they should be playing? What an untapped market that is currently being tapped by another segment of the industry!
>>
>>63543016
>lots of people in the world understand their various holy texts to be guides and models of behavior, not literal fact
that's wrong and you know it
it's meant to be taken literally.
moses, abraham, jesus, muhammed, etc. talk about creation myths and other weird shit as if it actually happened. even straight out genealogies.
>>
>>63542391
I really think Nintendo didn't pick boys at random,
but knew that video games would be easier to sell to boys.

And people don't think "Video games are JUST for boys", but "Video games are a boy thing".
>>
>>63546739
A lot of women play video games
>>
>>63541866
>College Humor
>>
>>63547912
Wow, a lot? OK?
It's still dominated by men.
>Marketed at men
>Made by men
>Played by men

Yeah, females play games other than candycrush to, but if you look at any stats it's a male dominated marked.
Then SJWs want to make it into a problem.
>>
>>63542391
>games are games
And cars are just cars, yet nobody seems to have a problem with pointing out that sports cars are purchased by and marketed to men.
>>
>>63548379
According to the Entertainment Software Association, 48% of all American video game players in 2014 were women.[1] In 2014 in the UK and in Spain, women comprised 52% and 48% of video game players respectively.
>>
>>63548502
What do these numbers count as being video games? If CandyCrush and other shitty flash games for iPads count then no.
>>
>>63548502
Did you even bother to read any of the responses ITT?

"Games" means all video games, from Call of Duty to Candy Crush. However, "core" games that typically sell large numbers on dedicated gaming devices like consoles, or PCs specifically built to be powerful enough to handle complex games, have a much larger men to women ratio.
>>
A lot of the stuff is just straight up lying so the whole purpose of the show collapses in on itself.
>>
>tried starting a thread about this show during the latest episode
>no one cared

I don't think /tv/ gives a shit about it. We're 30 posts in and no one has called anyone a nigger.
>>
>>63542391
Why is she wearing prostitute pants
>>
>>63544565
Exactly like a fringe/bead door. It just gets pushed to the side whenever something needs to go in or out of the vagina.
>>
>>63548580
>"core" games that typically sell large numbers on dedicated gaming devices like consoles, or PCs specifically built to be powerful enough to handle complex games, have a much larger men to women ratio.
[citation needed]
>>
>>63541866
It's like a worse Bullshit
>>
>>63541866
>unironically

I need to cave this metrosexual's teeth down his throat so he can't smug like that ever again

pic related: he's just "proved" you shouldn't donate to canned food drives despite organizations specifically asking you to do so
>>
>>63547948
Compare any CollegeHumor animated video to one from FOX's ADHD block. Remember, CH is a clickbait farm and FOX is a media giant.

We'll wait.
>>
>>63541866
>posting a Reddit show
>>
>>63549299
>making a Reddit reply
>>
>>63549315
>making a Reddit reply to a Reddit reply
>>
Made a thread about this a while ago and got no replies so I assumed you didn't know it existed.
>>
>>63541866
Forced faggotry.
>>
>>63541866
It's interesting but I'm perfectly okay with people not having imitation grenades on planes. And I really don't think cars should be outlawed from cities. I'm fine with Jaywalking laws. And some people do have bad breath. And even though wet wipes clog sewers, I just use some wet TP to wipe. Because dry TP just smears most shit away. It doesn't clean
>>
its reddit
>>
>>63542476
god backwards is dog
>>
>>63551133
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oi12dCzHG4
>>
>>63552118
Hello reddit :^)
>>
>>63542391
Epic! Adam ruins g*merg*te when?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.