[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nailed it!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 11
File: wally west.png (240 KB, 700x263) Image search: [Google]
wally west.png
240 KB, 700x263
Nailed it!
>>
Come on, it's 2015! Who cares about race?
>>
>>63539039
Shut the fuck up.
>>
Tbh you'd have more luck trying to find a real leprechaun than a decent looking green eyed ginger.
>>
>>63539013

Am I the only one who thinks it's a little racist how the superhero who gets changed from white to black is a guy known for being able to run really fast? It's probably just a coincidence, but still.
>>
File: sz5mtwrz.jpg (144 KB, 641x1118) Image search: [Google]
sz5mtwrz.jpg
144 KB, 641x1118
>>
>>63539128
Same with the superhero that literally lights himself on fire being turned from white to black.

Blatant racism still exists, but now they can package it as diversity.
>>
>>63539138
Why do they hate gingers so much?
>>
Haters Gon hate
>>
>>63539138
>last one
Kek
>>
>>63539013
I actually kekd.

But seriously The Flash died in 2011 killed by his own shit uncle.

>tfwGrantGustinwouldhavebeenWallyWest.png
>>
>>63539187
because there aren't that many ginger actors
>>
File: 2015-01-16_ent_6194887_I1.jpg (17 KB, 244x342) Image search: [Google]
2015-01-16_ent_6194887_I1.jpg
17 KB, 244x342
>>63539013
?
>>
>>63539259

>implying it isn't alpha to get some head from your bro
>>
>>63539241
it's hard to convey emotion when you have no fucking soul
>>
>>63539013
or this guy?
>>
>>63539013
Yea, yea they did.
>>
>Black Lightning
>Black Vulcan
>Static
>Juice
>Lightning
>Storm
>Ultimate Spider-Man
>Volt
>Shango The Thunderer
>Thunder Fall
>Coldcast
>Rapture
>Baal Hadad
>>
File: Wally_West_Prime_Earth_0001.jpg (583 KB, 1542x1603) Image search: [Google]
Wally_West_Prime_Earth_0001.jpg
583 KB, 1542x1603
Is this the daily "I Pretend to Read Comics so I Can Whine About Blacks" thread?
>>
U mad cac? Go cry about it on stormfront
>>
>>63539013
How many more of these movies have to flop before they cut this shit out?
>>
>>63539314
Then how do Asians do it?
>>
>>63539439
But only blacks and sjws, and other stunted indivuals who consider picture books to be reading, read comics anyway
>>
>>63539013
>that cartoon
>white

who gives a shit family
>>
File: portrait_uncanny.jpg (20 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
portrait_uncanny.jpg
20 KB, 300x450
Why do people care about capeshit casting when characters in the source material are constantly changing appearance?

Comics and cartoons started the race/gender change for sjw points meme.
>>
>>63539439
The fact that they changed his race last year after over 50 years of everyone knowing him as white doesn't make it better.
>>
>>63539013
Im ok with black wally if they hadn't changed iris's race we probably wouldn't have gotten based joe
>>
>>63539439

Everyone hated black comic Wally too.

If you think about it, not only did Barry wipe Wally out of existance to steal his title as fastest man alive, he also replaced him with a doppelganger and deleted his twins. He's a monster.
>>
>>63539579

Wally was adopted in the comics. No reason they couldn't be too.
>>
>>63539013
This is why I can't take most modern comics seriously. Instead of creating a new charcter they change things of an already established character and pretend it's new. Comics are so scared that they hold onto the legacy of old chacters and when they do try something different they have to make sure they're attached to an already known super hero because heaven forbid they try to create an original star.
>>
>>63539541
It does if this character is based on the New 52 version, rather than the version that's been retconned out of existence for years.
>>
>>63539267
too good for cape shit
>>
>>63539538
Because people actually give a shit about their nation or cultures artistic achievements and aren't just some disillusioned millennials with no knowledge of achievement, given only the participation award growing up, like yourself.

Stop and think how bizarre it is to change a whole historical character to try to appease a foreign minority
>>
>>63539656
No one is too good for capeshit. How many A-list actors do they need to hire before you give this mantra up?

Also I can't think of too many capeshit films worse than Jupiter Ascending.
>>
>>63539678
In other words, you're a doing-nothing piece of shit whose only validation in life is basking in the accomplishments of others.
>>
>>63539713
How is that in other words?

You didn't even bring up any arguments. LOL, why even make a post if you're just going to be the same-old, insecure minority in America with a massive inferiority complex?
>>
>>63539187

someone should create a hashtag
>>
>>63539713
You're talking about the characters rights? Because that's literally their go to plot every time a character gets a gender or race change.
>>
>>63539756
I was clearly summarizing what you said. You're mad at comic books because your only accomplishments in life are taking credit for what other people with a similar skin tone did.

Hey pal, not for nothing, but you should probably kill yourself.
>>
>>63539821
>rights?
Whoops, meant to type "You're talking about the characters, right?"
>>
>>63539541
no no no, the complete history of the character doesn't matter, as long as you blackwash the comic character first there is absolutely nothing wrong with it

come on, it's 2015
>>
>>63539646
well they made a separate green lantern who was black and it worked. they made a separate spider-man who was hispanic and it worked

i don't think they're scared of failing, they're just lazy. it's so much easier to come out and say "hey minority x, we totally care about your plight so here's a character who looks like you, please buy our shit"
>>
>>63540120
You're right, the entire history of a character doesn't matter when it's a character owned by a company that does complete reboots of its universe every five years.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>63539828

why do you have that image saved
>>
>>63540162
The issue is that rebooting an existing character into an other race just for the sake of diversity is a cop-out and not doing anybody any favors. Jon Stewart and Blue Beetle are always going to be better than just turning the human torch into an african american who does brofists.

Same goes for genders to: Jessica Jones is fine. Supergirl is fine. But why turn Thor into a woman?
>>
>>63539505
They all start their careers in shoe factories

lmao
>>
>>63540162
>well they made a separate green lantern who was black and it worked.
Yeah and I loved it too. At least with the green lanterns is established that it's a giant organization of different people and aliens so it makes sense. Hal Jordan didn't suddenly become black, new characters were presented and even when they did that the lazy shit of comparing them to Hal still went on, only it wasn't as bad as it is today. I'm kind of tired of seeing the same shit like "Miles was to live up to the Spider-Man/Peter Parker name," "Kamala wants to live up to the Ms. Marvel mantle," and "Whor is trying to live up to being the god of thunder while being a woman." This is why I read Invincible because at least while Mark tries to make up for the mistakes of his father and surpass him it's an original cast and they're set in an interesting universe.
>>
>>63539138
i like black iris and her dad though. come on man.
>>
File: 346346.jpg (1 MB, 1914x2344) Image search: [Google]
346346.jpg
1 MB, 1914x2344
Wally West has been black for years now. He's better than the Earth 2 Superman that was visually inspired by Trayvon Martin at least
>>
>>63540224
When is Black Panther getting rebooted as an Afrikaner?
>>
>>63540979
you know what. we always tell women to make their own thing. I'm gonna tell comic dudes upset with this. Make your own thing. They let them have it, it's not so bad. But you can make your own world, in your own vision. It doesn't have to be owned by marvel or DC, and you don't need to let tumblr dictate your vision. Theyre going to read it anyway. They'll make their little cunty articles about it. But deep down, they're going to like what you made. Just don't respond when they call you on diversity.

Honestly, I haven't made anything myself. I'm pretty much parroting shit I heard. I want to make a comic, and I actually like brown people, so I was going to include them anyway before this tumblr shit came out. That's a whole nother issue though.
>>
>>63540979
>Wally West has been black for years now
Who cares, the change it still retarded just like a number of those portrayed in the image.
>>
>>63540979

She-Hulk got turned into green Arya Stark? Simply Disgusting.
>>
>>63539013
This is a. disaster
>>
>>63539039
Apparently a whole lot of dindus according to their "we wuz kings n shit" uproar when a white dude gets casted as an Egyptian god.
>>
>>63541140
>Make your own thing

People did do this then it got taken over by sjw's and muh diversity.
>>
>>63540267
Why do you think

It reminds him of home
>>
>>63540979
I don't understand the superman one.

nu52 supes was kinda gay looking
>>
>>63539013
The funny thing is that Wally was kind of racist in the old Teen Titans comics from the 80s.
>>
>>63541250
Superman went from a symbol of American pride and strength to a depowered punk who dresses in jeans and fights cartoonishly evil police who want to kill black people for the lelz
>>
>>63539138
>Looks like Black is the new Orange carlos.jpg
>>
>>63541418
>fights cartoonishly evil police who want to kill black people for the lelz
that shit kinda bugs me, i'm 27 and even i know how bad nyc was back then. part of the reason those jews made superman and other nyc-inspired heros in the first place. Cops are bad and some are good. They are human. Now I know the generation of comic writers are about my age and older. Do they have any ideas how much crime and rape was going on. And the only reason NYC is such a peaceful place is because cops got rid of gangbangers and black people are super salty about it. I still see black people in NYC, they aren't banned from coming in. They just have this pissed off attitude on their face all the time.

Anyway my point is, cops are the reason they can even work in NYC and have a cushy gig making comics.
>>
>>63541299
Im sure he would have had more fun in his own part of town
>>63539013
more gingers into the black fire
>>
>>63541299
No, he was not. He was just noticeably (more) right-wing, since he is from rural mid-west, unlike other Titans who are big city liberals.
>>
>>63540947
her dad is ok but black iris is shit
>>
>implying it's racist to want characters in a visual medium like comic books represented properly in live action
>>
>>63542056
The argument of course is that if people want diverse characters in comic books/comic book movies then they should create new ones yes? That does happen though.

Well and what about these older characters? They've existed for decades, and they are just now getting movie adaptions. Why should minorities have to wait decades just to have minority characters created much later than the classic ones gestate long enough in pop culture to warrant a movie adaption? It's not fair because back in the time the 50s and 60s when the classic characters were created, pop culture was a lot exclusive and white males were the default for everything - with a few exploitation minority characters being allowed like Luke Cage. Raceswapping makes up for lost time.
>>
>>63540979
The entire reasons these characters have endured in pop culture for so long is due to their ability to reflect changes in society.
>>
File: 1449801822451.jpg (363 KB, 1600x1116) Image search: [Google]
1449801822451.jpg
363 KB, 1600x1116
>>63540979
You do realize there are these things called alternative universes right..?
>>
>>63539187
They don't hate gingers.
The casting agency's for capeshit movies are full of people with dsylexia and they keep reading Gingers as Niggers.
You can't really blame them.
>>
>>63542342
All of them other than Earth-2 Superman are in teh mainline universe.
>>
Why are niggers and liberals incapable of developing their own characters or literature? Why are they so desperate to appropriate what already exists?
>>
>>63542226
> white males were the default for everything

we live in a white country now honey, no matter how much lolberals try to convince you otherwise
>>
Shit like this is the reason all capeshit discussion should go back to the /co/ containment board. if limp wristed libkeks want to circlejerk about the wonders of diversity they shouldn't be doing it on /tv/
>>
>>63543361
>Why are they so desperate to appropriate what already exists
White people are the ones making the changes, no one is asking them to...
>>
This is good news! We need more blacks characters in tv shows and films, and other artistic media. Black disenfranchisement is literally why blacks have no positive role models and join gangs, the welfare line, disrespect government and the rule of law, call other blacks who try hard at school uncle toms etc. Maybe if we respect blacks a little more, they will respect us in return!
>>
>>63542878
rofl

>>63543435
also rofl
>america
>white
at best americans are the niggers of white people
>>
>>63543519
>white people

neo-milennial liberal cancer
>>
>>63542226
desu I don't think Jamal and Traytray are the target demographic for capeshit lmao
>>
This is the stupidest fucking thing. It's too late to get mad. You already knew Joe was black, you already knew Iris was black, you already knew the West family was fucking black. How in the fuck would he be a redhead white boy?
>>
The second we found out iris and black dad were black we knew wally would be a black too. This was a topic more than a year ago.

Or are you one of those people that don't actually read comics but still complains about casting choices?
>>
>>63543657
actually, comics are pretty popular among overgrown children of all races
>>
>>63544096
not him but probably,

so anyway i just watched this the other night because Mark Hamil was in it and it was pretty good. should i give arrow a shot(no pun intended) also?
>>
>nerdy fedora wearing comic book buyers too dumb to realize they're being pandered too by making iconic comic book characters black/women/gay or all three at once

comic book nerds are literally the fedora cliche made real
>>
>>63540979
It's funny to see all the characters they're willing to change to show diversity in comics and all the praise and defense they get it for doing it. While EVERYONE Ignores the decades old diverse characters that these companies already created in favor of brand recognition.

Also Miss Marvel is the only comic that's worth a damn in this group. The rest are all poorly thought out characterless messes that had very little in the way of an even moderately interesting storyline. That's not true, Captain Falcon is also pretty good.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.