[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is Adam Sandler's best film?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: sandler-matrix-640x470.jpg (122 KB, 640x470) Image search: [Google]
sandler-matrix-640x470.jpg
122 KB, 640x470
What is Adam Sandler's best film?
>>
Billy Madison, pham.
>>
>>63537354
I liked Spanglish
>>
Billy Madison is the only acceptable answer for a watchable Adam Sandler movie.
>>
The Wedding Singer
>>
>>63538907
It was so fucking boring.
>>
Happy Gilmore desu, the graph got it right
>>
Click is more serious than silly. And what is the Rob Schnieder Cameo era? I thought he was in most Sandler films.
>>
>>63539100
yeah but the little Hispanic girl was cute and also her mom was hot too
>>
>>63537354
Happy Gillmore is the GOAT Sandler movie. Bully Madison and the Wedding Singer are next in line

>Click more Silly than Serious

What the fuck
>>
Wedding Singer, Waterboy & Big Daddy. Actual honest to god good movies. Everything else is trash.

Yeah yeah, Billy Madison derp. It was OK, but pretty stupid if you think about it.
>>
I like Grown Ups...a genuine, good cast
>>
>>63539313
Big Daddy was dagshit
>>
Shakes the Clown is a great cult movie, Sandler is barely in it though and he is not the titular character.
>>
>>63537354
>big daddy
>shit

>you don't mess with the Zohan
>good

Viper yourself
>>
nobody here likes punch drunk love? fucking seriously?

only good adam sandler movie by a long shot
>>
Happy Gilmore is his best flick
>>
File: 1397532679093.jpg (15 KB, 400x307) Image search: [Google]
1397532679093.jpg
15 KB, 400x307
>>63537354
>Airheads on the serious side
>>
Billy Madison. It's actually pretty different for an American comedy because it's full of dry, absurdist humor. Seriously, despite the premise (and Sandler), the movie isn't about him acting like an idiot, and the jokes all come from completely ridiculous things happening, while the characters mostly play straight.
>>
File: jen vs nicole.webm (3 MB, 675x363) Image search: [Google]
jen vs nicole.webm
3 MB, 675x363
I saw just go with it and it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be
>>
>>63540023
This. Punch Drunk Love is the only good film Sandler has ever starred in.
>>
>>63537354
>Longest Yard
>Serious
Yeah this is fucking graph is retarded.
>>
>>63537354
1. Anger management
2. Click
3. 50 first dates
>>
i like the one where he adopts zack and cody, sure it's cheesy and emotionally manipulative but im a sucker for those kind of movies
>>
>>63540184
the fuck is up with nicoles stomach
>>
>>63537354

Top tier

Spanglish
Punch Drunk Love
Wedding Singer
Big Daddy
Funny People
Reign Over Me

Good tier

50 First Dates
Anger Management
Click
Blended

Funny but no real plot tier/meh movie tier

Billy Madinson
Happy Gilmore
Waterboy
Zohan
The Cobbler

You can pretty much skip the rest IMO.
>>
>>63537354
>anger management
>shitty
unless this is just ranking Adam Sandler himself rather than the movies as a whole
>>
>>63538907
I did too.
>>
The Longest Yard is my favorite. I don't understand all the hate it gets.
>>
None of them
>>
File: 1449566295031.jpg (2 MB, 1995x4839) Image search: [Google]
1449566295031.jpg
2 MB, 1995x4839
>>63537354
Anything on this list.
>>
>>63537354
Spanglish, Reign over me and Punch-Drunk Love are good
You could rate about 10 movies as extremely silly and shitty tho
>>
>>63539115
those are handler's cameos in schnieder movies
>>
>>63537354
Wedding Singer is the best, hands down. Billy Madison is good too, but not nearly as comfy as Wedding Singer. Little Nicky is fucking garbage.
>>
>nostalgia tier
Happy Gilmore
The Wedding Singer
>It is serious so it must be good tier
Reign over me
Punch-Drunk Love

Rest of it is pretty bad 2bh
>>
wedding singer is is ONLY good film
>>
>>63542394
>/tv/ approved
>anything but straight white male lead
>>
>>63540023
i think its so accepted and so obvious that its the best movie hes ever been in that it only detracts from any conversation about his filmography
>>
>>63537354
Happy Gilmore
>>
Airheads was not a Sandler movie it was a Fraser movie. Sandler barely had any lines. He was a supporting actor at best (and that's being generous)
>>
>>63537354
Click
>>
>>63540166

It was cutting edge for its day. Hell if it came out this year it'd probably be considered cutting edge. What's the closest american comedy you can think of to compare it to?
>>
>>63542931
I actually don't get why people like Click. It's one or two moments of forced emotional conflict mixed in with a shit-ton of the standard Happy Maddison humor.
>>
>>63537354
>you dont mess with the zohan in the brilliant half
that was shitty even by adam sandler standards
>>
>>63542989

The absurdist and borderline surrealist nature of the movie makes it have more in common with Louie than other typical big screen contemporary comedy films. I'm exaggerating to make a point of course
>>
Is anyone else legitimately pissed off that he's trying to squeeze out a Hateful Eight "parody" a la Aaron Seltzer/Jason Friedberg? I just want the fucker to die painfully already.
>>
>>63544196
>Is anyone else legitimately pissed off that he's trying to squeeze out a Hateful Eight "parody" a la Aaron Seltzer/Jason Friedberg?

What?
>>
That's my boy and zohan are my billy madison/happy gilmore combo. All you Sandler haters are somewhere in the shitty and silly matrix.
>>
Does Hotel Transylvania not count?
>>
>>63544580
Look up "The Ridiculous 6".

Now look up the careers of Aaron Seltzer and Jason Friedberg, which consists almost entirely of making shitty "parody" movies that weren't funny.
>>
>>63544951
Really? Hateful Eight is what you think of and not Magnificent Seven?
>>
>>63539367
It was literal shit
>>
>>63537354
What would Armond think of this?
>>
>>63537354
>8 Crazy Nights in shit quadrant like it didn't give you feels
>That's My Boy not even present despite being funniest Sandler flick in a decade
What a reddit list
>>
Grown Ups and Big Daddy are Jack and Jill tier awful.

Click is pretty fucking good.
>>
he didn't star in Airheads and it's definitely not an Adam Sandler vehicle
>>
>>63544724
You just want it to count because of Mavis.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.