[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serial general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3
File: serial-social-logo.png (35 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
serial-social-logo.png
35 KB, 1200x1200
Discuss the new season, season 1, ideas for future cases to be explored, etc.

Link to season 2 episode 1: https://serialpodcast.org/season-two/1/dustwun

Thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmfECTuYcFQ
>>
>>63537100
>Next week, Sarah calls the Taliban
Fuck, I thought you guys were joking.
>>
I'm sceptical about this season. Mark Boal is using the material they're collecting to write a new Zero Dark Thirty type movie about Bowe.
>>
>>63537367
>tfw this is probably the closest we're getting to a Serial movie
>>
Dr Koenig, I'm Taliban
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 400x400
>>63537465
>>
>>63537416
>tfw no HBO miniseries of the first season
>>
>>63537592
just watch The Jinx again
>>
So Bowe is obviously a moron, but I'm wondering how this story is going to develop. I was kind of hesitant when I heard the subject, but the first episode was better than I was expecting.

Tbh, for me personally just hearing this audio of him and his experiences as a POW is incredibly interesting. I watched some of the footage the Taliban released of him from July 2009 (shortly after his capture) and I felt such a strange array of emotions. There is footage of him, shaved head and wearing whatever the fuck robes they have, just eating. And the camera is kind of zooming here and there just watching him eat. He looks so alone and afraid and obviously I felt pity for him but also disgust, not at him, but just in general. It was like watching this scared, timid animal. The vulnerability was so palpable that it made me uncomfortable. The whole idea of being a POW, being that helpless, is just so inconceivable to me, which is why I think I'm being drawn to this season.
>>
>>63537100
I'm interested to see where it goes, the fact that they chose this out of over 1000 possible cases intrigues me. There must be something more to it.

Next week with the Taliban has potential to be incredibly good. I'm guessing they have a totally different series of events to tell
>>
Adnan obviously did it, Jay helped.
Im yet to listen to the new episode.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6237086
>>
It's shit
>>
>>63538178
they reveal who did it in the new episode.
>>
>>63538404
Are you talking about your opinion?
>>
>>63538282
>Koenig as an option
Kek
>>
Bowe is a fucking retard.

He's like that kid in high school who kept talking about complaining about a teacher he didn't like to "the higher ups"

But he takes being a retard even further and gets captured by the fucking Taliban

This idiot is way too retarded to be some kind of traitor, but he should be court martialed for being this fucking stupid and causing the release of multiple terrorists from Guantanamo Bay because he got a bad grade and didn't like the teach
>>
Why did his dad grow a beard and speak Pashto at the White House?
>>
>>63538545
I assume they'll ask him at some point.
>>
>>63538545
Because he's fucking stupid just like his mentally disabled son
>>
This is what would really have happened after Ferrest Gump joined the army.
>>
>>63538625
No, someone of Forrest's intellect is perfect for the army and would never do what Bowe did
>>
Bowe is what happens when CoD kiddies grow up and think the army is like their video games.

They get bored and go nuts sat in some shithole doing nothing but staring at desert all day
>>
Just want to say Serial is boring NPR dogshit compared to based the Jinx
>>
>>63538815
>not liking both
>>
>>63537100
>ideas for future cases

Madeleine McCann please
>>
Hey /tv/ can you help me out?

How do I pronounce these words?

Mail Chimp
>>
>>63538882
Oh fuck that'd actually be really, really good.

Those parents are fucking liars
>>
>>63538282
>Not "Mail k-kimp?" Girl
>>
>>63538971
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDnN0PhCmCA
>>
>>63538913
Male

Kimp?
>>
I like serial but is this the right board?
>>
>>63538932

I wonder would they do it though. They might get some serious backlash for insinuating that the parents are guilty. Even if they're not guilty of anything there is a ton of evidence that Serial would have to talk about that makes them look suspicious as fuck.
>>
So are new episodes once a week?
>>
>>63539162
I think they'd probably try it, but i'm pretty sure the parents try to sue anybody who says anything that could be libelous about them, so she'd have to be careful
>>
>>63539156
There's no other board for it.
>>
>>63538913
I don't know how to pronounce it but I use Mail Chimp.
>>
>>63539214
Every Thursday.
>>
>>63539243
Hmm. I feel like 4chan needs a board for Internet media. Webseries, podcasts, etc.
>>
>>63539282
We're already having that discussion in here ourselves. What board is right for this?
>>
Does anyone else think Koenig lured Bowe from his post?
>>
>>63539950
Imagine after 10 seasons she revealed she orchestrated every crime in each season. She'd go down as the greatest criminal mastermind of all time
>>
>>63539987
She's the serial referenced in the title.
>>
>>63538512
This.
>>
>>63537100
ADNAN IS GUILTY
RABIA IS A JIHADI CUNT
JAY IS GUILTY TOO
FRY THEM ALL
ADNAN IS GUILTY
RABIA IS A JIHADI CUNT
JAY IS GUILTY TOO
FRY THEM ALL
ADNAN IS GUILTY
RABIA IS A JIHADI CUNT
JAY IS GUILTY TOO
FRY THEM ALL
ADNAN IS GUILTY
RABIA IS A JIHADI CUNT
JAY IS GUILTY TOO
FRY THEM ALL
ADNAN IS GUILTY
RABIA IS A JIHADI CUNT
JAY IS GUILTY TOO
FRY THEM ALL
>>
>>63540822
autism
>>
Why is called Serial?
>>
>>63542162
Told like a serial, week by week.
>>
>>63542201

aye, makes sense
>>
>tfw you will never know someone who was murdered and then 15 years later be asked by Koenig if you remember what happened that day
>>
>>63537465
>She wasn't alone
>>
File: 139837033058.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
139837033058.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>63537465
>Pvt. Bergdahl, I'm Sarah K.
>>
>>63541624
are you implying that adnan dindu nuffin? i sure hope not
>>
>>63543515
top kek
>>
>>63538971
>Other
>>
>>63543030
I was listening wondering how the fuck people remember what they were doing on such specific days
>>
What does everyone think season 3 will be about? Apparently it's debuting right when season 2 is done.
>>
>>63545759
You're kidding? Season 3 after season 2? What are the odds
>>
>>63547184
Pretty good by all reports.
>>
>>63545759
At least we won't have to wait a fucking year for the next new mystery.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.