[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I have a bunch of jokes but no actual story: the movie Holy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: photo-original.jpg (326 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
photo-original.jpg
326 KB, 1536x1152
>I have a bunch of jokes but no actual story: the movie

Holy shit, this thing is bad. Like really fucking bad.
>>
>>63533257
why do you hate fun
>>
what were they thinking?!
>>
>>63533275
There were some good parts but all in all it just seemed like they were throwing as many jokes out as they could at the expense of everything else.

I like Triceracop though.
>>
>>63533257
Reddit tier?
>>
I thought it was pretty cool. My apartment neighbor is 46 and I told him about Kung Fury and told him it has a 1980s action movie feel to it, and he came over to my apartment and we watched it together with some wine coolers and had a great time.
>>
>>63533257
I think it was really overrated. I mean it was just like.... lol this is so xtreem! lol this is so retro! zomg adolf hitler??? robots??? DINOSAURS!

I don't ever say this kind of shit, but this is pretty damn 'reddit' as far as things go. Its like facebook tier humor.
>>
>>63533257
when is kung fury 2 being released?
>>
>>63533336
Did you suck each others' dicks?
>>
>>63533257

it was on purpose
>>
>>63533318
Triceracop pretty much epitomizes your issues with Kung Fury though. He's an inherent joke, he's just 'there' with no background or development whatsoever. It's essentially 'randumb'.
>>
>>63533355
OP my thoughts exactly. I never call things "reddit" but that'd what this is. It's like Buzz feed made a fucking movie.

The music is good, though.
>>
just turn your brains off brah
>>
>>63533257
It's a 30 something minute short movie that is fun as hell. Why you expected a story when you saw the trailer is beyond me.
It was fun, you watch it, then move on. It's nothing special either.
>>
File: 1420033518708.jpg (24 KB, 477x456) Image search: [Google]
1420033518708.jpg
24 KB, 477x456
itt
>the likings of the common people are too vulgar for my superiour intellect
>>
Danger 5 was 5 times better.
>>
>>63533385
Good point. I guess at the point the ad nauseum jokes hadn't made me want to kill myself yet.

Plus I like puns.
>>
I watched it stoned and it was fun
>>
>>63533467
Fun as fuck.
>>
>>63533336
That's the gayest thing i've ever read
>>
>>63533408

I wasn't a fan of it, but I don't think anyone is less intelligent for liking it. I just grew up watching almost exclusively martial arts films and Kung Fury just doesn't ring true to me.

I'm just kind of sick of throwback films that treat their subject like something shitty or "so bad it's good." You can spot the loving throwbacks. They're the ones that last. The ones made by people who actually like the things they're referencing.
>>
>>63533257
Am I the only one that really like the David Hasselhoff song from this?

I have never even heard a Hasselhoff song before Kung Fury, all I heard was that he was a huge pop singer in Germany, so I was expecting a really shitty song, but he sings it really good, knowing its based on 80s arena rock style like Journey or Asia, but still sings it seriously.
>>
>>63533257
It's an exaggerated depiction of 80s action movies, so it's supposed to be lame jokes with no actual plot. I didn't like it that much, but that may be because I watched it whilst peaking on acid
>>
>>63533257
Shitty Danger 5 rip-off.
>>
>>63533257
it was ok but the fight with the arcade machine is enough for me to think the entire movie is hilarious.
>>
>>63533408
I didn't even know people liked this, after watching it i assumed everyone would dislike it.
>>
>>63534160
also hackerman makes me laugh my ass off because it isn't that far off from what television shows think computers can do.
>>
>>63533257

Nice demo reel for 100k tho.
>>
>>63534222
reddit cums their panties over this movie
>>
>Expecting an amazing story and not just awesome jokes for 30 minutes.
You guys are retarded. It's a fun movie to watch once every now and then when you got 30 minutes to waste and want a laugh. If it was like 1.5Hrs + it'd be a different story though.
>>
>>63534373
>Just turn off your brain and have fun :P
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.