[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Carole Lieberman, M.D. knows that there’s a gender gap
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: Daddy.png (249 KB, 720x622) Image search: [Google]
Daddy.png
249 KB, 720x622
>Carole Lieberman, M.D. knows that there’s a gender gap in Hollywood. She even acknowledges that it might even have something to do with systemic sexism. However, she also wants us to know that there’s a real cause of there being so few female directors and producers attached to mainstream Hollywood projects. Women giving in to their daddy issues.
>"If we were to look only at statistics that examined the top 700 films of 2014, we would come away believing that there is, in fact, an impenetrable celluloid ceiling, with a significant dearth of women in top-billed positions such as director (13 percent), executive producer (21 percent), producer (27 percent) and writer (15 percent). However, there is a large number of women in less visible positions in film and TV — for example, casting directors, whose ranks are approximately 75 percent female."
>"When girls are raised to be people-pleasers, and in particular to want to please Daddy, a pattern is formed that steers grown women into jobs where they continue pleasing their boss"
>"But when the women I’ve worked with ask themselves what part they play in their own success or sabotage, some thought-provoking insights can arise."
>So, it’s not that there’s actual discrimination or systemic sexism at work. It’s not that women have been conditioned and programmed to believe certain things about themselves over centuries and that men have been programmed to believe those same things about them. It isn’t rigid gender roles across the board. It’s self-sabotage. These women are doing it to themselves. Because they want to please Daddy.
>I wonder if Dr. Lieberman only got into her “nurturing line of work” because of her “Daddy Issues?” Is she holding herself back in her career? Did she want to be a “real doctor,” but couldn’t? And would she be insulted by me asking that? Good. Because her lazy assessment of this situation is also hugely insulting. Not to mention flat wrong

Thoughts on this, lads?
>>
>>63532349
sounds about right
>>
tl;dr

summarise it in ONE word
>>
>>63532403

jew
>>
Let me get this straight:an actual medical doctor specializing in psychiatry looks at statistics and sees women dominate some Hollywood jobs but are a minority in other Hollywood jobs and says that's okay. Plus, with discussions with her patients she sees a lot of women who purposely choose less flashy careers due to psychological issues.

Then the ham beast at The Mary Sue who isn't a medical doctor and doesn't use any statistics insults her says nu-uh and screams patriarchy. Is that the jist of it?
>>
>>63532428
Have you considered not being such a fuccboi shitlord?
>>
>>63532411
good enuff
>>
File: bingo-logo.png (68 KB, 743x277) Image search: [Google]
bingo-logo.png
68 KB, 743x277
>>63532428
>>
>be a woman
>be Jewish
>be a medical doctor
>be a woman Jewish medical doctor
>slightly deviate from the SJW talking points
>they instantly turn on and demonize you

Ahahahahahahahahhahahahaahhahahaha

Every fucking time.
>>
>>63532349
I guess that's like how most SJW bloggers wanted to become real journalists but their daddy issues kept them from doing something worthwhile with themselves.
Tippity toppity kekkity.
>>
>When girls are raised to be people-pleasers, and in particular to want to please Daddy, a pattern is formed that steers grown women into jobs where they continue pleasing their boss
>It’s not that women have been conditioned and programmed to believe certain things about themselves

Isn't that a direct contradiction? If someone is doing something because they were raised to behave that way, how isn't that conditioning?
>>
It's still so strange to me that women will get angry over other women not choosing to get into a certain field and then blame it on the men for being in that field.
>>
>2015
>taking psychoanalysis seriously
>>
>therapist and not a psychologist

This article stinks of utter bs.
>>
>>63532428

Remember: facts are great when they aid your cause.

When they don't: evidence is something to suppress experiences.

The more you know.
>>
>>63532709
I would not use the term "People Pleasers" and I do not think they are raised that way I think they just naturally want to please "Daddy" or someone in that same role such as a "boss". Most women I know or met are pretty sociopathic and care not about pleasing other people.
>>
>Carole Lieber-
JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW

Nobody gives a fuck faggot.
>>
I strongly dislike Jews.
>>
>>63532777
It's always because "men don't make women feel welcome" or some other nonsense. Maybe women just don't wanna do it?
>>
>>63532349
This girl needs to check her fucking privilege. Not every girl (or guy for that matter) grew up with a daddy. Also, this girl has daddy issues
>>
Have you ever talked to a child that lost a game, like Tekken or Fifa or some shit? And they'll be saying how the other person cheated? And if you say anything to suggest otherwise, they scream and stamp and rage?

That's what feminists are like. Suggest there's anything more to an issue than 'institutional sexism' - even though in reality all the evidence is against them, and what you get is unfiltered babyrage
>>
>>63532349
>It’s self-sabotage. These women are doing it to themselves.
this hits the nail on the head, I wouldnt blame it all on daddy issues though
>>
>>63532428
To be fair, Lieberman is about as much of a psychiatrist as Dr. Phil. She says whatever she thinks will sell her latest book, and she claims to have won multiple Emmys (she has not) and to be respected at the last real clinic she worked at (where she was fired).
>>
>>63536754
>and she claims to have won multiple Emmys (she has not)
haha wtf, why would you lie about something you can check so easily?
>>
>>63536770
she probably actually won local emmys and some idiot was too dumb to check
>>
>>63536770
No idea, but she does it
https://www.psychologytoday.com/experts/carole-lieberman-md
>Beverly Hills “analyst-to-the-stars” Dr. Carole Lieberman, M.D., is a three-time Emmy award-winner and host of the popular talk show, “Dr. Carole’s Couch.”

http://www.emmys.com/awards/nominations/award-search?search_api_views_fulltext=Carole+Lieberman
>>
>>63532349
Oh who fucking cares that a bunch of whinywomen making 15+ million a year make a few million less than a bunch of other rich overpaid asshole men?

Corporate feminist shill ignores actual class wealth inequality to divert the public with this dumb bullshit.
>>
>>63536809
>>63536770
>>63536823
Here's a picture of a certificate for writing The Young and the Restless on her website, but it's weird that the Academy doesn't cover that on their website
http://www.drcarole.com/dr-carole-emmy.htm
>>
File: lieberman.png (58 KB, 1646x160) Image search: [Google]
lieberman.png
58 KB, 1646x160
>>63536770
>>63536809
>>63536823
top kek, what a fraud
>>
women are just inferior to men
>>
>>63533882
I think it's more that those women don't want to please basement dwellers like you, in fact they can use that kind of people to release their repressed anger
>>
>>63536889
Could she have just faked that document? I can't imagine the Academy would let her carry on like that, bragging about awards they have no record of.
>>
>>63536912
you realize feminists will stalk wiki pages and pull shit like that which you could do on anyone's page?
>>
>>63537155
weird thing that only things that are positive need better sources though
>>
>>63532349
I don't have time OP, can you just tell me if this is SJW or /pol/?
>>
>>63537335
>I don't have time
>posting on /tv/
Let's not lie and assume you're a faggot.
>>
>>63537203
of course, they're passive aggressive cunts
>>
The title to that article is awful. Jesus Christ it's unreadable.
>>
>women demand more jobs and education
>women will not date men with less money or social status than them
>feminist laws hand jobs and education to women
>men are faced with suicide or being hands-down the best at what they do
>feminists are still confused as to why men compete harder than women
>>
>>63532349
Can anyone think of a single modern day feminist arguement that cannot be broken with a simple "correlation does not imply causation"?

It serious seems like everything want to complain about. Pay gap, video games, objectification, misogyny, etc., really has no fucking basis whatsoever, and is simply a stretching of ideas.
>>
>>63537579
the few disadvantages women have in some situations are either biological or laid upon by themselves or each other
>>
These people are honestly just a lost cause. It's not even worth getting angry about.
>>
>>63532349
>That last line

You really couldn't come off as more of a passive-aggressive cunt if you tried.
>>
File: abstract merchant.png (4 KB, 368x376) Image search: [Google]
abstract merchant.png
4 KB, 368x376
>>63532349
>Lieberman
>>
I'm not even going to read that.
>>
File: 1373564753802.jpg (43 KB, 300x295) Image search: [Google]
1373564753802.jpg
43 KB, 300x295
>>63532349
>Lieberman
>>
>>63533201
they're both hacks 2bh

http://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-tried-to-replicate-100-psychology-experiments-and-64-failed
>>
>>63532349
i dont know about that shit but women dont do those jobs because theres no fucking interest in them. men and women ARE different and like different things. thats nature, not nurture

>why is there only 5 women in the whole world who repair pipes in sewers?
>its SEXISM

no, they just dont want to fucking do that
>>
>>63532349
>her assessment is flat wrong
>gives no counter arguments

k den
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.