[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was fucking woeful. Del Taco truly is an awful director.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: Crimson_Peak_theatrical_poster.jpg (83 KB, 298x463) Image search: [Google]
Crimson_Peak_theatrical_poster.jpg
83 KB, 298x463
This was fucking woeful. Del Taco truly is an awful director.

The only thing which was redeemable was the set design. The actors, albeit talented, didn't have room to be good, it felt like the entire movie someone was shoving them with a hot poker so they could try and fit their bloated script into two hours.

It honestly feels like a shitty capeshit director had a try at horror, hence the constant cuts without any shots worth mention, with ridiculous design decisions, like having a ghost within the first five minutes walk up to the main character and say "Don't go to <titular>!"

It's like an idiot had a script checklist, and went, "Dude, we have to foreshadow! Suspense and shit dawg!" It's even more fucking stupid when later on in the movie for moments the ghosts are all in-the-fringes-of-the-shadows, despite the fact it just showed them full fucking frontal in the first five minutes of the movie.

Once the monster is revealed you can't put it back in the box you fucknut.

Chastain did look incredibly beautiful in it though.
>>
>horror
It was a gothic romance with some ghosts in it.
>>
>>63531437
>horror
It looks like you didn't understand the film.
>>
>>63531580
>>63531607
it fails at whatever it's classified as
>>
It surpassed reddit levels
>>
>>63531437
It was pretty bad, I agree.
Visually, it was tacky a lot of the time, the script is naive and amateurish, characters are shallow and the pace is problematic as well.

I suppose all of those elements would be bearable if the atmosphere and the ghosts were done well but I found them lacking. The ghosts were some of the weakest points in the film rather than being the strongest.
>>
File: 1448428041813.jpg (21 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1448428041813.jpg
21 KB, 500x375
>>63531625
>merely pretending
>>
>>63531607
>>63531580
Sorry, I assumed it was a horror because the romance was even weaker, I didn't even consider that a romance was what it touted itself as.
>>
File: Crimson Peak Wincest.webm (3 MB, 1280x689) Image search: [Google]
Crimson Peak Wincest.webm
3 MB, 1280x689
She really does cater to every fetish.
>>
>>63531743
It's a drama fantasy with horror and romance elements.

I understand that this is too many genres for your pleb mind to process in one movie.
>>
>>63531845
Eva Green would have been better in this role.
>>
>>63531858
Everything it tried at it failed at.

The romance was poor. Hiddleson's character gives some generic non-specific compliments towards Mia and suddenly she's swooning, rushing into a romance despite apparently being opposed to it before, and that's basically all there is to their courtship, there's no intimate moments of confiding, no tease or play. Their courtship basically ends when they reach the house, besides the banging because plot reasons.

Chastain and Hiddlesons' was perhaps worse, up until the big "wow shocker!" reveal there no sort of chemistry. There was no tender addressal, no kisses seated on cheeks which edged too close to lips. Chastain getting angry at Mia for fucking Hiddleson does not equate to romance between Chastain and Hiddleson.

I understand that Del Taco is an approved reddit director, but the movie is shit.
>>
>>63531972
generic non-specific compliments towards the manuscript*
>>
I enjoyed it
predictable, but solidly constructed and looked great
felt like it was missing a few scenes; we all had a pretty decent idea of who the ghosts were and it was almost immediately apparent that they weren't there to harm her, so why not use them for more sleuthing instead of one quick reveal near the end
>>
>>63531972
>Hiddleson's character gives some generic non-specific compliments towards Mia and suddenly she's swooning
Ah I see, you are a virgin and don;t understand the ways of hte heart yet.
>>
>>63531437
the only thing he's ever had going for him is production design. same with tarsem singh. hire their production designers away and any schlub off the street could make any of their films
>>
>>63532781
I'm going to stop responding to you, as up to this point you've said nothing worth reading, never-mind responding.
>>
>>63532880
>feeling the need to tell someone you're going to stop responding to them
>being this asshurt
You lost this one.

Anyway, the movie wasn't nearly as bad as you autists are saying. It felt very similar to Devil's Backbone and Pan's Labyrinth.
>>
>>63532961
>It felt very similar to Devil's Backbone and Pan's Labyrinth.
It felt like those movies except mediocre at best. Like Del Toro making a Del Toro fan film.
>>
>>63532996
>It felt like those movies except mediocre at best.
I didn't think it was mediocre. It felt like the type of movie Del Toro should have been making these past five or ten years instead shit like Pacific Rim and Hellboy. Chastain was fantastic and the imagery was sublime. Other than one retarded moment the plot was good.
>>
File: cgi everything.webm (3 MB, 1920x1034) Image search: [Google]
cgi everything.webm
3 MB, 1920x1034
>>
>>63531437
After watching nearly all of del taco's movies i have come to the conclusion that he is the undisputed master of absolute mediocrity, all of his movies are mediocre as FUCK, with the exception of pans labirinth being "good".

I hate that he gets so much praise, hell, even blade 2 is worse than blade 1 in everything but special effects, that still look like shit

Del taco should stick to practical effects and nothing else, he cant write or direct for shit.

God damn it
>>
>>63534007
What stick is up your ass exactly? Blade 2 was great.
>>
>>63534053
I really wanted to like it, but CGI aside everything was worse in 2. The characters took a 180flip, the story is stupid, the action doesnt make sense 80% of the time and the CGI looked awful, especially those fights

Everything that was established in blade 1 was thrown out of the fucking window.
>>
>>63534093
>Everything that was established in blade 1 was thrown out of the fucking window
OH MAN THAT PRECIOUS BLADE CONTINUITY WHAT EVER WILL WE DO!? Del Toro legitimized the franchise. The fight scenes are fantastic. You utter simpleton comic book nerd.
>>
File: From Blade.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
From Blade.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>63534093
>the CGI looked awful

the ninja fight aside it's got some really good CG
>>
>>63534007
I'm inclined to agree. I watched Hellboy (for the first time) recently and found it to be massively overrated. It had some great concepts and a few good scenes, but overall it was fucking shit. Same with The Devil's Backbone and Pacific Rim. Cronos was just shit.
I love Pan's Labyrinth, but that's it. He's made exactly one good movie, yet some people call him a great director.
>>
File: Crimson Peak Tracking Shot.webm (3 MB, 891x480) Image search: [Google]
Crimson Peak Tracking Shot.webm
3 MB, 891x480
cuts at the end, but still a cool shot
>>
>>63534459
Devil's Backbone is a superb melodrama, but most people expect horror
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.