[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New pictures from the set of James Franco's "Disaster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: the disaster artist.jpg (133 KB, 1200x547) Image search: [Google]
the disaster artist.jpg
133 KB, 1200x547
New pictures from the set of James Franco's "Disaster Artist"
There's no way this movie is gonna turn out good, right?
>>
>MMM

MEDIOCRE MEME MOVIE
>>
>>63530237

The Francos are way too full of themselves to make anything of worth or interest.
>>
Rogen the Redditor. Of course not OP
>>
DUDE
>>
>literally just franco with long hair
I bet he's going to half ass the accent too. It will be a disaster and probably worse than the room
>>
WEED
>>
Dave sorta looks like Greg Sestero.
>>
File: MMMMMMMMMM.jpg (20 KB, 320x432) Image search: [Google]
MMMMMMMMMM.jpg
20 KB, 320x432
DUDE WHAT'S GOING ON HERE LMAO
>>
>>63530237
>And this is how i become... disaster artist."

pure poetry
>>
File: kill me fam tbh.jpg (15 KB, 225x220) Image search: [Google]
kill me fam tbh.jpg
15 KB, 225x220
Dave seems lack of interest, probably do it for his brother. Like empty husk of a man.
>>
He probably will get it wrong with the "le it wasn't bad on purpose"

The Room is a great black comedy
>>
>>63530299
But The Room wasn't bad on purpose. Tommy really tried to make a good movie (or launder some money).

I wonder if he has made back the 6 million he put in the film.
>>
>>63530297
>Dave seems lack of interest
>Like empty husk of a man.
So like Mark.
>>
>>63530325
>But The Room wasn't bad on purpose.
Wrong
>Tommy really tried to make a good movie
Correct

Have you seen anything but The Room? He is very self-aware of himself
>>
>hating james franco
Back to reddit
>>
it'll ironically be a shit movie
>>
>>63530373
>He is very self-aware of himself
yeah, post The Room
>>
>>63530237
>There's no way this movie is gonna turn out good, right?
I think you mean biography
>>
>>63530237
>Seth Rogen
>James Franco
>Seth Rogen
>James Franco

DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>63530237
Christ, James Franco is such a terrible actor and director
>>
>>63530425
>yeah, post The Room
Stop
>>
>>63530237

what would it take for these guys to become bankrupt so i never have to see their faces again

who do i need to blow
>>
>>63530548
if you blew franco hed probably film it and call it arthouse
>>
>>63530599
underrated toast.
>>
>>63530237
Nope, it'll be a DUDE movie when it should be something like Living in Oblivion, funny yet dark and tragic as hell.

You don't need Franco and pals to made the story funnier, you cannot write something better than the facts represented in the book from Sestero. Just think about the first pages of the book on the restaurant, they work by themselves with a good cast.
>>
>>63530373
Dude, read the Disaster Artist. Tommy honestly believed he was making the greatest film of all time. It's a great book too.
>>
>>63530862
No, won't read any meme books, of course he had to have the mindset of being the best movie made, otherwise it would've been a bland intentionall bad black humor film
>>
>>63530890
give up m8
>>
>>63530237
the fuck is wrong with you spergs, it looks like its gonna be hilarious.
>>
>>63530824
fucking this
franco will treat this movie as a light stoner comedy but without weed
>DUDE LE FUNNY ACCENT LMAO
>DUDE LE TOMMY IS LE WEIRD LMAOAO
He also looks really off with that shit he's wearing. He looks like some pretentious faggot from /fa/ while tommy looks like a 35year old guy who decided to start dressing like a teen fag who listens to nu metal
>>
>>63531312
DUDE!
WEED!
LMAO!
>>
Can't wait to watch this piece of shit and get PISSED THE FUCK OFF
>>
File: 1377089501470.jpg (32 KB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
1377089501470.jpg
32 KB, 500x360
>>63531312
This like...for real dudes
>>
>>63530237
>Tommy taller than Greg

chrisfarleyfolgerscoffee.gif
>>
>>63530237
You know, I've been dreading this, but in these pics Dave Franco actually looks a lot like Greg Sestosterone. I think I like where this is going.

Also, being that they're brothers and all, how are they gonna handle all the homoerotic scenes of talking and touching?
>>
>>63531346

They literally missed the first page of the book

>Tommy Wiseau has always been an eccentric dresser, but on a late-summer night in 2002 he was turning the heads of every model, weirdo, transvestite, and face-lift artist in and around Hollywood’s Palm Restaurant. People couldn’t stop looking at him; I couldn’t stop looking at him. Even today, a decade later, I still can’t unsee Tommy’s outfit: nighttime sunglasses, a dark blazer as loose and baggy as rain gear, sand-colored cargo pants with pockets filled to capacity (was he smuggling potatoes?), a white tank top, clunky Frankenstein combat boots, and two belts. Yes, two belts. The first belt was at home in its loops; the second draped down in back to cup Tommy’s backside, which was, he always claimed, the point: “It keeps my ass up. Plus it feels good.” And then there was Tommy himself: short and muscular; his face as lumpy and white as an abandoned draft of a sculpture
>>
I just want the trailer to come out and hear Franco's Tommy voice so I can know once and for all that he is completely wrong for the part. He might surprise me, but I doubt it.

>You will never see a Spike Jonze directed Disaster Artist starring Willem Dafoe and Armie Hammer
>>
>>63531472
In their defense there's no reason to think they're filming chronologically
>>
>>63531446
its not just that he's taller

creg was actually a pretty boy normalfag, the contrast made tommy look even more weird. he was the "straight man" in the whole situation, looking at the OP pics I'd say they both look creepy as shit but 'creg' looks WAY creepier than tommy is supposed to look

he looks like tommy's pervy sidekick
>>
File: 0290 - LcfWKzP.jpg (52 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
0290 - LcfWKzP.jpg
52 KB, 499x499
have they been in any good films?
>>
>>63531516
Yeah but the feel of his clothes is wrong anyway. Just search some casual pics of Tommy around the internet, Franco is too /fa/
>>
Did they waste the whole budget on weedlmao already and cant get decent wigs/prosthetics?
They look like they dressed up at their place for fun
>>
>>63530237
>>63530237
Fuck Franco, Tommie looks like a catwalk model here. The real Tommie looks almost like a comic book villain
>>
I just can't see any way that this ends up good. I hope I'm wrong because this book deserves a good adaptation. Could have been a comedy classic with just the right amount of feels in the right hands.
>>
Fucking hate that this is going to be a comedy. The book had so many touching moments.
>>
>>63531694
>Fucking hate that this is going to be a comedy.

It's definitely a comedy and a film should be that, but I'm afraid Franco doesn't have the directorial sensibilities to hit the subtle emotional heights the story offered.
>>
>>63531720
I felt the book was sort of a drama with comedic elements. A tale of an unlikely "friendship". TFW when you feel sorry for someone cause hes "different" and nobody really wants to be friends with him so u hang out with him but things soon get iut of control and he turns out to be a needy cobtrol freak.
>>
>>63530237
>There's no way this movie is gonna turn out good, right?
It's a tryhard making a movie about the biggest tryhard, of course not. Unless you're underage, then you'll love it.
>>
>>63531846
this

according to the book, Tommy behavior/physique is so strange it's bizarre in any sense.
I think PTA is a perfect director for the film adaptation, it seem like Boogie Night kind of vibe will not make it wrong
>>
File: 1417207835236.png (368 KB, 638x357) Image search: [Google]
1417207835236.png
368 KB, 638x357
What went right?
>>
>>63531516
>there's no reason to think they're filming chronologically
Maybe James Franco is a method filmmaker and he wants to make the film like Tommy did?
>>
>>63530460
are you sincere in your notion that tommy intentionally made it a comedy?
>>
>>63533463
>tfw franco has no perception whatsoever of the weird eastern-europe sense of style tommy has been sporting his whole life
franco looks like a /fa/ggot
>>
I really hope this is in it somwhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m9b-RDBodE
>>
Gb2reddit
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.