[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
admit it, this is the funniest movie in existance and definitely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: monthy.jpg (169 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
monthy.jpg
169 KB, 1280x1024
admit it, this is the funniest movie in existance and definitely funnier than life of brian
>>
>>63529111
>funnier than life of brian
No shit, life of brian isn't even funny. Boring as hell too. I did like the scene with Roman names though.
>>
Nah, Airplane is objectively better.
>>
>>63529136
>>63529111
Fullest plebest
>>
blazin' saddles shits all over grail desu
>>
>>63529140
This. The characters in the Holy grail act childish and annoying, like they're trying really hard to be funny. While airplane the characters act much more natural, making their subtle strangeness much more hilarious.
>>
Literally Reddit: the movie
>>
>>63529111
http://www.seanbaby.com/ifls/100.shtml

Seanbaby: The Holy Grail caused some controversy among the Internet Film Laser Squad, and I'm one of the people unexcited about it making the list. It was a funny movie before the Dungeons & Dragons nerds and Arthurian reenactors based an entire civilization around quoting it, and I wish I could ignore all that and concentrate just on the film itself, but they ruined it so badly I can't imagine a world where Monty Python is still funny. And even if my mind could build a perfect little dimension in my head, one of those geeks in the crappy world would find some way to build a warp drive thing and invade my new utopia to hold "The Renaissance Fairre that says NEE!"

Kthor: I agree that Holy Grail is tainted by the fervent ass-rubbing of high-school students in floor-length capes and fake vampire teeth, but if you can distance yourself from the mental image of anybody who can quote this film, there’s still a couple stand-out scenes in this mess that make me perfectly OK with declaring it the #100 funniest movie ever. Both Meaning of Life and Life of Brian are funnier and less overexposed.
>>
>>63529596

>implying normies like this shit

nice try faggot
>>
>>63529605
if they let other people's opinions affect their view on something they're literally hipsters
>>
>>63529575
>While airplane the characters act much more natural

That's exactly it, anon. That's why it worked. They had everyone act like they were in a drama while all this crazy shit happened around them. You're perceptive, family.
>>
>>63529620
or any other childish fad scene punk, grunge ska, ect ect
>>
>>63529111
>definitely funnier than life of brian
Stop.
>>
>>63529111
Seriously? This is like those Quidditch Cup irl games they have at universities. Fag vs fag.
>>
>>63529111
Life of Brian is objectively superior
>>
File: 1446781661849.jpg (50 KB, 836x874) Image search: [Google]
1446781661849.jpg
50 KB, 836x874
>>63529111
Me rn tbph family

That's not Duck Soup at all
>>
Get it? It's funny because it's a rabbit and they were expecting a big monster and it's not a big monster it's a rabbit haha it's the contrary. And haha get it he was expecting the nuns to be pure but they're not pure they're sluts haha it's the contrary. And haha get it the peasants aren't dumb they were expecting the peasants to be db but they're smart about politics haha it's the contrary.

It's like every joke is not the same :')
>>
>>63530294
uhm dude thats how literally every single joke in the word works. building up expectations and then break them with a twist. that's the blue print for a joke
>>
>>63529605
do people still run around quoting this movie ad nauseam?

this meme seems 10 years old
>>
>>63530335
Then come up with a better blueprint. If Monty Python were really so brilliant, they could have done so.
>>
>>63529614
All my normie friends liked it when I was 12.
>>
>>63530354
they can't reinvent what jokes are
>>
Life of Brian is fucking funny man....I dunno.

Holy Grail is better slapstick/wackyness. LoB is better written humor.

Call it a push. Neither is the funniest movie ever though. That honor goes to Dumb and Dumber
>>
>>63530372
memes did.
>>
>>63530335
Not same anon but
No. Not every joke is "and then it turns out it'll be the complete OPPOSITE haha" and you're a basic bro if you think so, there's recurring gags, situational comedy, gesture comedy, wordplay comedy, satire, there's a myriad of humoristic devices you don't seem to know about. For example the witch trial was a very good sequence. Or the lapidating in Life of Brian.
>>
>>63529111
>literally Reddit: the cult classic
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 166x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 166x250
>>63529111
Agree but this one is way better !!
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.