[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I love psych and monk. Are their any shows similar to these?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
I love psych and monk. Are their any shows similar to these? Detectives with lots of comic relief?

Any suggestions?
>>
>>63528806

Usa just hasn't produced as good of quality in the past 7 years
>>
It's a reddit x autist collab.
>>
>>63529024

Oh I'm sorry, did I disrupt /tv/ circle jerk over the same 15 threads posted every day. Suck a dick Nigger.
>>
File: columbo_0.png (894 KB, 900x893) Image search: [Google]
columbo_0.png
894 KB, 900x893
Columbo if you have taste
>>
>>63528806
big fan of Psych, but dont like Monk

watching Burn Notice right now, its p. gud
>>
>>63529148

Yea? Loveable character but crime solving? I'll check it out.
>>
>>63528828

White collar is ok
>>
>>63528806
Go back to bed grandma! You bitch. I'm pretty sure Becker is on right now to so you can rub one in and get off 4chan.
>>
X-Files has its cheeky moments. Have you watched that OP? It's not as goofy as Monk but it isn't afraid of humor.
>>
>>63529237

I haven't, but ive heard great things about it. I heard they were bringing it back. Is that still happening?
>>
>>63529173
it's from the 70s-80s so be prepared for that, slower plots, cliches everywhere, but the Columbo character is written to be very sarcastic and Peter Falk plays him beautifully, it can be very funny at times but it's not a comedy, it's a drama with comedy elements.
>>
>>63529261

Yea, that was my main concern. I started Monk a month ago (torrented it), and the first season I could barely watch. The non widescreen, lower resolution bothered me. Ive been spoiled with modern TV. I'm going to check it out, though. But I think I may start with X files
>>
>>63529261

When you say the main character is sarcastic, is it anything like House/Sherlock? As in, he's mockingly sarcastic because he's smarter than most people?
>>
>>63529167

OP here, I watched what was up on Netflix a few years ago. I stopped at the point where some bitch was calling the shots in his hopes to get back as a spy. Is it still worth watching after that?
>>
>>63529487

Twas a blonde bitch if I recall correctly
>>
>>63529372
easier to just show you if you don't care about spoilers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hxXjX57zgg
>>
>>63529509

Or the Nigger. Who ever was higher up.
>>
>>63529254
Yeah, I think it comes out January.
>>
>>63529547

Do you think it will live up or at least be comparable to the original series? It's got a lot to live up to, no?
>>
>>63529487
if it was early on than yea, it does pick up

I wont spoiler it but it doesnt stagnate
>>
>>63529613

Well alright. I just kinda lost interest. Like in the first episode, he has a problem losing police. And later he's pulling huge heists with no issues from authorities.

I'm OK with flanderization, but he seems like he becomes a super hero. Though, Sam and his mohitoes never get old
>>
>>63529661

But really what lost my interest was that it just seemed like no matter what he did, he would never become a spy again. Like he could kill a bunch of people for whoever said they are government, and they still wouldn't give him shit
>>
>>63529661
>And later he's pulling huge heists with no issues from authorities.

well the idea is hes still under some protection so thats why he gets a pass, it changes

I mean I'm not hailing it as the pinnacle of television, but if you can get past the lolzy issues with Psych you can get past this
>>
>>63529600
I have no clue, honestly.
>>
>>63529712

Kek. Fair enough
>>
>>63528828

but dig, amiright????
>>
>>63528806

remember when gg monkey saved that fish?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.