[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people call him round eye and white devil I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: Marco-Polo.jpg (158 KB, 1200x628) Image search: [Google]
Marco-Polo.jpg
158 KB, 1200x628
>people call him round eye and white devil

I don't think terms like that even existed yet. Also Khutulun > Kokachin
>>
>>63525001
yes because they should totally shout random racist phrases that weren't historically recorded and would make no sense translated to English
>>
>>63525001
The Chinese just called Europeans either as:
1) Hongmaofan (Red Haired Barbarians)
2) Folangqi (From the Arabic "Ferenggi," meaning "Franks.")
3) Just plain barbarian.
>>
>>63525001
>Khutulun > Kokachin
THIS
>>
>the Khan cuts up people and renders their fat
>THIS IS SIN
>plans on running away
>1 episode later
>the Khan is a good person

Make up your god damn mind, Polo
>>
>>63525001
>Also Khutulun > Kokachin
You aren't wrong, but I did like the fact Kokachin was eventually revealed to be just a ballsy commoner playing pretend.
>>
>>63525104

It's pretty brave, but also probably not that hard for her. She was the real blue princess's servant or whatever, she knows how to play the part of a royal
>>
The 'Prisioners' episode was kind of confusing. Why was Marco talking about the Khan taking over the West/Vatican? Also why were they so shocked about "all kings shall fall down before him"? Did they think he was on a secret mission from the Vatican to get rid of him? It was all so confusing
>>
File: f.png (539 KB, 747x620) Image search: [Google]
f.png
539 KB, 747x620
Khutulun is my waifu
>>
>>63525051

If the rolls were reversed what would Europeans call Asian Marco?
>>
>>63525717
CHINKY
>>
File: Kokachin.jpg (131 KB, 1066x560) Image search: [Google]
Kokachin.jpg
131 KB, 1066x560
>>63525333

MOLE
>>
>>63525188
I forgot, it's been forever since I watched the series. The real Blue Princess died right?
>>
>>63525001
I couldn't deal with this show. Every motherfucker had a different accent.
>>
>>63525884

She killed herself rather than be a the Khans whore
>>
>all that white male on Asian female sex
>Eastern harem girls

For once I enjoyed the HBO styled gratuitous sex.
>>
How is it? Does it hold a candle to Vikings?
>>
>>63525953

It's alright. People wrongly compare it to GoT. It's a little all over the place some times, but I liked it enough to watch it all in 2 days
>>
So what did you guys think about the Chinese antagonist; that councilor guy who has the Chinese Empress killed?
>>
>>63526029

He was cool
>>
What will season 2 hold? Japan or vietnam? Make some more shit up?
>>
>>63525953

But Vikings is cringe inducing.
>>
>>63526272
Historically I think the Chinese get pushed down south and then yes they finally get completely run out and have to flee into Vietnam where their vassal kings protect them.

They could probably mention the Japanese campaign, it'd probably satisfy a lot of weebs.

Also there's the plot with that Persian adviser working with that whore assassin wanting to kill Kublai.
>>
>>63525051
Marco is literaly ferengi in this series.
>>
I dunno why people hate on this so much.

The martial arts bullshit is obviously over the top but the production values and setting are top notch. Marco is a bit boring, but Kublai and Jia Sidao are great.
>>
I'm endlessly displeased at the fact that his first journey was already over when the show began and became a Chinese drama series instead of a based young man exploring unknown lands series.
>>
The real Marco Polo married someone in Venice and had 3 daughters. She'll probably be replaced by Kokachin
>>
>>63526483
Do you think Marco Polo fucked the Asian girls over there in RL? Or did their slant eyed, horse teeth and sideways vaginas literally act like a boner killer for him?
>>
>>63526404

I think people, or critics rather, thought it was going to be netflix's game of thrones. The user scores are usually pretty high
>>
>princess keks and kills loyal childhood friend who arbitrarly becomes a misogynistic asian stereotype for random white dude

fucks sakes this is worse than last samurai
>>
>>63526542

Well he allegedly stayed there for over 20 years, so I would assume he got his willy wet once in a while. Who knows, maybe he had some bastards there. Maybe he made some of the worlds first hapas
>>
>>63526542
interracial relations were a very rare and unthinkable thing up until jews created their media propanda
>>
>>63526560
Does Tom Cruise end up fucking the wife of the man he killed in Last Samurai? I remember he gets closer to the son and eventually the wife stops acting icy toward him and the end has him return to that village.
>>
>>63526560

I thought it was because she didn't want to leave. Also wouldn't you leave your scrawny peasant betrothed for some big Italian penis?
>>
Are you guys gonna watch the blind monk movie that comes out after xmas?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.