[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just finished Mr Robot, personally I thought it was great
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 300x388) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 300x388
So I just finished Mr Robot, personally I thought it was great desu.
Can't wait for season 2

What are you guys thoughts on it?
>>
essential edgecore for plebs
>>
>>63523496

It was very good, with threads of greatness. I liked it. Some of the twists weren't even needed, but I appreciate its audacity, it often felt really contemporary as few shows do.
>>
>>63523496
Brilliant. Would be better if it didn't derive both the split personality aspect AND destroy debt aspect from Fight Club, but it's all worth it for how far the show's willing to go. Hopefully hallucinations aren't used as too big of a copout.
>>
>>63523547
>edge
>plebs

Okay. Back to Reddit you memelord
>>
Some retarded lines of dialogue. You can feel the smugness of the writer radiating off the screen. There are parts that feel like they were written by a complete hack, and the biggest twist in the series is full on plagarism.

Still, it was entertaining and kept my attention all the way through.
>>
>>63523496
the start was really enjoyable, but as the plot progressed it really fucking killed its momentum. the fight club twist just deflated all love I had for the previous episodes.
>>
>>63523496
I can watch pretty much anything but this one, oh man this one. Dropped it on the first episode.

>>63523605
Brilliant.

Bet you take Fight Club serious too
>>
I loved it despite the fight club similarities. However I thought the show sometimes veered too far away from the hacking concept which I thought was the main theme. Like, who seriously gave two shits about that bitch whose name I can't even remember and her trying to sue evil corp? Show would just grind to a fucking halt whenever she was on the screen.
>>
>>63524152
I agree, I liked everything but that annoying faggot trying to sue Evil corp

Also Tyrells wife a best
>>
>>63523496
Fight matrix club
>>
>>63523496
https://youtu.be/OcePJlrAgSU
Daily Reminder.
>>
Very good, and Season 2 (I didn't know it had been renewed) will be its make or break season. I loved the pervasive sense of paranoia, and the main character and Tyrell are both great.

But the actual plot was definitely a bit rehashed. Hopefully the new direction they move in will be more original.
>>
File: Mr.Robot.S01E01.hellofriend.jpg (57 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Mr.Robot.S01E01.hellofriend.jpg
57 KB, 1280x720
I enjoyed it immensely
There's a bit of Eliott in all of us
>>
File: 1386831253702.png (65 KB, 285x276) Image search: [Google]
1386831253702.png
65 KB, 285x276
>>63524901
>tfw you don't hate yourself enough to channel it into power
>>
>Duh hey guys i just finshed watchin dis show that i found out about on my own even tho theres a thred about it every day, it totalli blew my mind >muh camra angles XDDD

I SEE THIS FUCKING THREAD EVERY FUCKING WEEK AND IT NEVER FUCKING STOPS, ALL YOU REDDIT KEKS EVER FUCKING TALK ABOUT IS THIS 6/10 SHOW THAT ENDED A QUARTER OF THE YEAR AGO. DO YOU RETARDS FEEL SMART OR SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN WATCH A TV SHOW AND POST YOUR SHITTY OPINION THAT NO-ONE CARES ABOUT FOR EVERYONE TOO SEE??

I WISH YOU REDDIT HIPSTERS WOULD JUST FUCK OFF FOR ONCE!!!
>>
>>63525046
Autism
>>
>>63525046
downvoted for hostility
>>
>watching first ep
>part where he's on his computer
>notice one of the pages he has open is the 4chan home page

Made me kek 2bh
>>
>>63523496
I expected Slater to be the dad, and even crazy bitch to be his sister. I thought going the full Flight Club was too much though. There is even a scene where crazy bitch calls Slater "Dad". I guess we are suppose to see it as his narration, even though he is doing commentary on the events, not narrating them. It feels like it was trying too hard to be OMG MIND FUCK instead of telling a good story.
>>
File: MrRobot4chan.png (1 MB, 1368x726) Image search: [Google]
MrRobot4chan.png
1 MB, 1368x726
>>63525150
>>
>>63525229
Eliott would probably shitpost on /r9k/
>>
>>63525187

wrong. when Elliot realizes that he is Mr. Robot he even addresses the audience and says something along the lines of "you already knew that though, didn't you?" From the very beginning of the show Elliot's mental instability is focused upon and it is frequently telegraphed that Mr. Robot doesn't exist to the point that most people saw the "twist" after the first few episodes. That's because the show is going for the pathos of a desperately lonely, alienated individual who is so filled with regret and twisted guilt that his only solace comes in the form of being able to imagine that his dad is still alive with him. The "twist" isn't a twist at all but more a devastating blow to Elliot's already rattled psyche in a way that is meant to make us watch how he reacts and to see if he can recover. We are not supposed to be surprised at that point as we should already be aware that Elliot suffers from severe mental issues.

You may just be dumb though.
>>
>>63525357
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>63525357
I was kinda blown away towards the end... What does that mean for me... im gay or something?
>>
who was door?
>>
>>63523496
I absolutely loved it. Honestly the only part that felt 'iffy' to me was the whole anti-capitalism thing the show had going -- even once you realize Elliot is not a reliable narrator and many of the characters he trusted were "bad" the anti-capitalism sentiment was pretty strong.
Otherwise it's an excellent series that I think most guys 16-30 would like.
>>
File: 098.jpg (45 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
098.jpg
45 KB, 720x960
>>63525229
>Why fuzzy Wuv is better than Latex Androgyny
>>
File: 03.png (36 KB, 400x259) Image search: [Google]
03.png
36 KB, 400x259
>>63523496

They killed my waifu

>The scene when he discovers she is dead

Fug...
>>
>>63527554
That was rough.

Thew second season better fucking deliver. I can't handle another Heroes.
>>
>>63523496
DUDE MORPHINE LMAO
>>
>>63524901
>That meth pipe

That is laughable. Truly
>>
>>63524901
>>63527554

I want the cholo to die to be honest, senpais
>>
>>63527787
I want muh sue E Corp/Colby to fuck off

Also Joanna wellick best girl
>>
>liking mr memebot
well, it's unoriginal garbage, with full on edge, tries to shill towards 4chan autists and is literally: reddit the show.
so it's no suprise you faggots eat this shit up.
>>
It's Mr Reddit
>>
>>63523605

And when we find out he has split personality, a cover of Where is My Mind plays, were they even trying to hide it?
>>
>>63525229
>All those "robot" and "society" posts
Genius.
>>
It's definetly no Game of thrones
>>
>>63523496
R E D D I T
E
D
D
I
T
>>
The tech stuff was surprisingly on point but it was edgy as fuck. Atleast we got a meme or two out of it
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.