[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tv/ I just finished watching this and I really liked it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
Hey /tv/ I just finished watching this and I really liked it. What other movies can I watch where most of the planet is already dead and there's only a small number of people left and they don't all agree with each other?
>>
>>63521316
A Boy and His Dog.
>>
Children of Men sounds similar, though I haven't seen either
>>
>>63521316
Consider killing yourself instead.
>>
File: 20053029.jpg (98 KB, 1600x1071) Image search: [Google]
20053029.jpg
98 KB, 1600x1071
The Divide
>>
Snowpiercer is shit tier Korean film.
>>
File: 1447290930234.jpg (28 KB, 303x311) Image search: [Google]
1447290930234.jpg
28 KB, 303x311
>>63521316
You actually liked it? I mean... I don't.... wtf anon? I felt so bad for Evans after watching that frozen pile of shit. Even capeshit actors deserve to be in better films.
>>
>>63521316
I love that the movie is so divisive.
I liked it but it had a ton of flaws.
>>
>>63522963
What's wrong with it? I mean, there was some weird stuff, but I enjoyed the setting, there was some neat stuff going on, and it was enjoyable to me. I was always interested in where the movie was going.

I don't watch movies often and just started getting an urge to watch them, so I've been using rotten tomatoes and checking out their higher rated films and that was one of them
>>
>>63523063
Well the whole premise was retarded and the movie itself was filled with plot holes. Listen if you dont watch allot of movies then ok, I guess I could see how you could like it, but seriously there is far better shit out there to watch. Like just about anything
>>
Water world

Mad max

The postman
>>
>>63523063
Im >>63523054 but here are the problems
>Uneven acting the main characters felt pretty dull. The villains were so over the top, the guy was just eating steak as the train blew up, the bald guy who barely spoke managed to have character just with the way he moved, the woman who wore yellow was also pretty good.
>The train felt too small and short. They had to compromise by not showing the living quarters of the middle class. I believe they should have just made one mega wide and tall train that had several floors or some shit
>why the fuck did the rich people suddenly want to kill the main characters
>the shootout across several train carts was pretty stupid
>weird dialogue like "Babies taste best"
>They gave the korean guy a translator but in the end he just started speaking Korean without using the translator. How was Chris Evans expected to understand him?
>So what is the little niglet and the korean girl going to do after the movie? Get eaten by a polar bear?
>>
>>63523212
I know there were plot holes, but how was the premise retarded?
>>
>>63523267
Also making the korean girl an empath served very little to the story
>>63523277
Its a train that goes around the world forever housing the remnants of humanity. As a scifi story its neat but muh realistic fags dislike it.
>>
>>63523063
I enjoyed it, but it was a little retarded at times

>spend the whole movie thinking to myself "I really hope the twist isn't that this train is powered by enslaved children"
>get to the end
>GOD FUCKING DAMNIT
>>
>>63523212

those are subjective opinions. I'm not the person you replied to but i greatly enjoyed the movie.

The weakest part of the movie is the premise unfortunately,though maybe with a longer run time and more money they could have elaborated more on the world building to make it more believable. also the ending is a little half baked for me.

I'd say its a solid 7/10 better then most capeshit. Then again i liked that movie Repo men with jude law so maybe i have terrible taste in movies or am more willing to maintain my suspension of disbelief for sci-fi films.
>>
the first time i watched snowpiercer, i noticed its flaws and didnt like it, after a while i read about it, thought about it and watched it again, snowpiercer is actually a deep patrician film
>>
>i don't like a movie because the premise is dumb
Reddit filmwatching desu
>>
>>63523267
Yeah, I gotcha. I sort of liked how the villains were though, all the upper class people were crazy as fuck and the classroom scene really showed that.
They definitely did move through the train carts way too fast, but the movie was already 2 hours long.
The shootout was stupid too, I agree.
Babies taste best made me chuckle more than feel emotional
I think the translator getting cut out was just for a smoother dialogue flow maybe?
They'd probably die unless they somehow found a way to live. Why would they show them dying? I also thought it was sort of dumb that the guy gets his arm frozen completely through in 7 minutes in the beginning of the movie and at the end they're completely fine outside and can put their hoods down without getting instant frostbite
>>
Is Snowpiercer the ultimate right wing movie?

>bunch of 'oppressed' commoners feel dissatisfied with their post-apocalyptic lives onboard the train which is literally the last bastion of human civilisation

>they conspire to destroy the people who control them, i.e. the people who keep the train (the world) running

>end up destroying the entirety of humanity including themselves

>'b-but at least we had principles'

I was rooting for the first class passengers the entire time
>>
>>63521316
A better question would be what are movies that have the character go on long linear journeys like climbing a tower or some shit.
>>
>>63523481
I would also be interested in that
>>
>>63523478
They froze his arm when it was night which can make a huge difference.
I heard that in some parts of the world a scorching hot desert goes below 0 degrees at night
>>
I'm gonna keep this thread open because the suggestions might be good.
>>
>>63523478
They asked how long t would take for his arm to freeze based on where they were on the planet..so obviously it depends and the entire world isn't inhospitable...which is the point..I'm not sure how you didn't understand that?
>>
File: day-the-world-ended-1955.jpg (539 KB, 1337x1080) Image search: [Google]
day-the-world-ended-1955.jpg
539 KB, 1337x1080
>>63521316
This should meet all of your requirements.
>>
File: Five_Poster.jpg (35 KB, 315x475) Image search: [Google]
Five_Poster.jpg
35 KB, 315x475
>>
File: The-Colony.jpg (118 KB, 640x483) Image search: [Google]
The-Colony.jpg
118 KB, 640x483
I enjoyed this one.
>>
-Fair warning: one of the WORST movies I've ever seen! And the ending comes completely out of left field; OK, you've been warned.
>>
>>63524584
except its fuckin old and the graphics are shit
>>
>>63521548
Is this that nuke shelter movie? My word was that boring. Very weird final act. Did like the gubment baddies
>>
>>63524804
Good premise and lead up, but idk. Just fell flat on me. Anything with bill is watchable though. The cannibals were very freaky the first time they meet them. I guess I would have like it more if they got attacked sooner and final act was them trekking through the harsh environment getting chased and slaughtered rather than hiding in closets and stuff
>>
>>63524804
A bit boring to be honest, lad
>>
>>63523478
No they die. In the last few frames you see a polar bear approach the survivors as they leave the train.
>>
>>63521316
Dumb.
as
Fuck.
>>
>>63523063

There's nothing wrong with it, it's got a 95 % rating on Metacritic. Don't listen to these dildos.
>>
>>63525275

>a polar bear approach the survivors as they leave the train

...proving that life exists outside the train.
>>
>>63525596
Yeah.. ofcourse Arctic animals would survive. There are probably loads of penguins and seals out there.
>>
>>63525596
Yeah. A polar bear in an arctic wasteland. Real shocker. My thought at the ending was "hot Korean chick and niglet? Yeah, they are bear food."
>>
>>63525275
I mean. It could be like an allusion to a sequel
Like, if a sequel gets green lit. They could asspull that there's actually civilization outside the train. And the assplosion attracted the attention of nearby hunters who save them.
But if no sequel. Then it's safe to say that they were eated.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.