[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grievous is like the archetypal evil overlord. He's got
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: griev.jpg (206 KB, 1302x1650) Image search: [Google]
griev.jpg
206 KB, 1302x1650
Grievous is like the archetypal evil overlord. He's got massive armies of droids. He has a headquarters made of volcanoes. And, he did... you know, he did all of those... things. And... And what exactly? Do tell me, because throughout the entire 2000-hour run of the Star Wars prequels, I couldn't find a single reason why everyone demonized Grievous like he was a Obama at a Tea Party rally.

Also he did literally nothing wrong.
>>
cool design
wasted potential
>>
>>63520767
He was fucking cool in that 2D cartoon made by the guy that did Samurai Jack. Ruined in the movie. Wasted potential like >>63520798
said.
>>
File: 1448654885073.jpg (695 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1448654885073.jpg
695 KB, 1280x1280
>>63520767
He too good in the cartoon, so good that Lucas became jelly and ruined him in all subsequent media.
>>
>>63520767

Should've honestly been Maul who Sheev was testing out robotic technology on before he did the same to Anakin
>>
>>63520767
Because Lucas had his people make up an extremely complicated backstory for this character and stuck him in all kinds of media for a few years leading up to Revenge of the Sith, but then decided that his vision for the character should be different for the movie so he made him into le coughing robot man and also completely non-threatening.

So basically he did a bunch of shit off-screen and you're supposed to hate him because reasons you don't know and which no one will tell you because fuck Lucas.
>>
one of the most confusing parts of the prequels
>>
>>63520767
He was the best parts in the cartoons
>>
It's a shame his entire backstory was shitcanned. I mean, it had some bad parts, but they shouldn't have gotten rid of everything.
>>
>>63521215
So he tried to astroturf another Boba Fett and changed his mind at the last minute?

Grievous would have been epic if they'd given him no backstory at all. Just one scene where he does a thing and then let the fans run with it.
>>
>tfw you realize his coughing stick was supposed to be remniscent of Darth Vader's breathing problem but it's done in such a cartoony obnoxious way it ruins it
>>
>badass cyborg swordmaster
>fights with 4 lightsabers that he's stolen off the Jedi he's hunted
>has an army of droids at his command
>gets two of his hands chopped off within 30 seconds of a fight because he thought spinning would be a good trick
>dies by getting shot with a blaster after a retarded chase sequence

what a fucking waste
>>
>>63520767
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTnpqjJae-g

And

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64-3talVkUA
>>
>>63520767

The literal 'wasted potential'

All because Lucas got frustrated that other people did him much better
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.