[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DAVID O'FUCKUP BTFO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (212 KB, 1242x1853) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212 KB, 1242x1853
DAVID O'FUCKUP BTFO
>>
>>63520128
Damn
It looked pretty good from the trailers
>>
LITERALLY WHO?
>>
>>63520171
Trailers can be misleading my friend

Especially the trailer O'Russell is going to living in after his career descends into a downwards spiral from here on out
>>
>>63520128
Reminder: He tried to rape his tranny nephew
>>
Still nominated for a Golden Globe
>>
File: aids.jpg (547 KB, 2700x1800) Image search: [Google]
aids.jpg
547 KB, 2700x1800
Jennifer Whorance was still nominated though so we can't get rid of her.

Amy Jewmer was too
>>
>>63520171
the trailer is just like 'oh look at all these movie stars in it, we think youre too dumb to care about the plot so we wont tell you about that part'
>>
>>63521017
Fucking trashy whores
>>
his misogyny did him in

>http://www.pajiba.com/film_reviews/joy-review-david-o-russell-mansplains-the-female-experience-for-all-you-dumb-broads.php

The real problem here is that Russell loathes nearly every character save his heroine, and it makes for a grueling viewing experience and a misogynistic message about success.

As he’s best known for movies with male protagonists—like The Fighter, Three Kings and Silver Linings Playbook—I was curious to see how Russell would handle a female-focused story with themes of friendship, sisterhood, motherhood, and gender politics. The short answer is: like an asshole. Joy opens on a soap opera where glamorously dressed women argue in insipid circles about men, power and love. It’s cartoonish and absurd, yet this soap draws in Joy, her mother and grandmother like moths to a flame. From the first scene, Russell is mocking women by mocking a medium they’re known to love. And it doesn’t get much better.

The women of Joy are mostly paper-thin stereotypes: the neurotic mother, the jealous half-sister, the saintly grandma, the sweet daughter whose eyes are only ever focused on her mother’s example.
>>
>>63522074
>Joy opens on a soap opera where glamorously dressed women argue in insipid circles about men, power and love.

So, a realistic depiction of soap operas?
>>
>>63522074
HAHAHAHAHA

This is why you never pander to women

You can't keep them happy
>>
>>63522074
he didn't learn from joss whedon's example. never swim with sharks.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.