[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Real Talk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
This broke the camel's back. Getting a C-pop singer to shill the Force Awakens confirmed my suspicion. Star Wars the Force Awakens will be disappointing like Jurassic World. It is not a true sequel, but an intro to the franchise to China. Disney designed and tailored the movie for Chinese audiences first, which means it will be a forgettable CGI tech demo with occasional references to the OT. Here is some evidence:

- Release date three weeks from the rest of the world. Censorship, review by State Board on Radio, Television and Film, and translation usually force foreign films to release months after original release. Did Disney time things to allow a Chinese release not to long after the rest of the world?

- Disney sent SW cosplayers to march on the Great Wall. Several China exclusive promos.

- Theatrical rerelease of SW films in June to generate hype for Chinese youth who do not know what the franchise is about.

- Omission of 'Episode 7' from the title, to avoid confusion to younger Chinese.

- Exclusive trailers, promos, and poster change to emphasize OT characters (not to hide Finn).

- Newest trailer introduced by Lu Han, a popular C-pop singer.

- Hiring JJ Abrams and a bunch of hack writers who focus on visuals and CGI tech demos rather than characters and story.

- Not revealing much about the plot or characters and blocking reviews before release date. When Phantom Menace was about to be released, Lucasfilm let critics publish reviews weeks before release, released the soundtrack, two video games release, and a novelization before release date. Not for Force Awakens, because Disney wants to hide its Chinese intentions and focus on promoting its ties to the OT.

- Disney pretends the prequels never existed in ads, promo materials, despite the rest of the world's knowledge in the last decade.

- Eliminating the EU so that Chinese do not stumble upon it. Also to avoid paying royalties and giving credit to Zahn, other authors who worked on EU.
>>
>>63516751

My bet is slightly better than Jurassic World.

About as good as Mad Max, but less unique
>>
>>63516835
Slightly weaker than MM is my expectation, but Jurassic World was really weak
>>
All you need to say is JJ and anyone with taste knows exactly what this movie going to be
>>
>>63516751
>When Phantom Menace was about to be released, Lucasfilm let critics publish reviews weeks before release, released the soundtrack, two video games release, and a novelization before release date.

This doesn't happen for anything anymore, really. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here desu
>>
>>63516751
>but an intro to the franchise to China

How when they casted a nigga as a main character unless they cgi him out as a Chink?
>>
It's gonna be great.
>>
File: marysue.png (18 KB, 577x192) Image search: [Google]
marysue.png
18 KB, 577x192
>>63516891
its not only him
>>
>>63516751
>Disney designed and tailored the movie for Chinese audiences
why boyega then? It seems evident the chinese hate black guy
>>
>>63516751
>> (not to hide Finn)

Lolz. Cos chinks love niggers soooooo much bro. Totes.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
7 KB, 480x360
>>63516916
Good point Asians hate the "bracks".
>>
As far as characters and story go, Lawrence Kasdan is probably keeping JJ in good check. I expect it to be refreshingly old-fashioned, but not blowing away modern audiences because it wont be trying to tread new ground.

I'd love to read Michael Arndt's treatment that was barged out the way to make the clearly 'safer' film this seems to be.
>>
>>63516971
>>63516916
Perhaps because production and marketing are handled by different people. Disney originally wanted some white actor for Finn's role but JJ clucked them into letting him cluck their film.
>>
>>63517305
He's not even going to be a big character. I just have a feeling
>>
File: 1421275850612.jpg (85 KB, 450x436) Image search: [Google]
1421275850612.jpg
85 KB, 450x436
We'll always have Thrawn.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.