[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup /tv/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: ayyyyy.jpg (24 KB, 443x604) Image search: [Google]
ayyyyy.jpg
24 KB, 443x604
about to watch this for the first time in years, what am i in for?

dc version naturally.
>>
>>63513654
A very good movie, don't listen to the haters.
>>
>>63513686
this, just don't watch the Assembly Cut
>>
hold on guys i got this one

Alien > 3 (assembly) > Prometheus > Resurrection > Aliens
>>
Aside from the horseshit of the film's opening events, it's very solid.
>>
>>63513654
A failure. It is an uninteresting rehash of Alien while having none of the characterisation or suspense of Alien. It was doomed by studio interference.
>>
>>63513654

The second best movie in the franchise.
>>
It's a clusterfuck , but an entertaining clusterfuck.
>>
>>63513724
Is this bait or are you just that stupid?

Alien > Aliens > 3DC > Prometheus > 3 Assembly > Resurrection
>>
A franchise going back to its proper roots after an action-laden spinoff.
>>
>>63513654
Postpartum depression
>>
How good is Prometheus? Worth a watch?
>>
>>63513654
A magnificently-shot, masterfully-executed gothic drama in space.

The only reason why people hate it is because instead of it, they wanted Aliens with more aliens and more guns, and all the silly shit that happened in the comics. And they're one hundred percent serious about it too.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (198 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
198 KB, 3000x1688
The pinnacle of science fiction
>>
>>63513705
That's best cut tho.

>>63513938
Pleb taste
Alien>Alien 3 Assembly>Aliens>Prometheus>Resurrection

>>63514016
Not really. It's a gorgeous looking mess.
>>
>>63514016
it's worth a watch definitely. just don't expect to really care about it after watching it. it's like a big mac value meal, but you realised the cashier gave you back £1 by accident, so you feel good.
>>
A non canon waste of time.
>>
Fincher's worst movie, but it's mostly not his fault.
>>
File: bravo travis.gif (380 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
bravo travis.gif
380 KB, 500x281
>>63514029
This tbch pham. It's industrial neo-noir gothic apocalyptic horror.
>>
I am about to watch Prometheus, what am I in for?
>>
>>63514016
eh, not really. It's a pretty generic millenial sci-fi movie with that minimalistic high fashion aesthetic that's trendy right now, it lacks proper dramatic pacing, the plot is a little jumbled, none of the themes that are brought up are developed satisfyingly and the main character seriously lacks charisma.
>>
>>63514096
It's his best movie you pleb fuck.

>>63514070
>>63514093
Neo-/tv/ and its shitty taste. Alien
>>
Aliens > alien > Ressurection > prometheus > alien 3 any version

Based cameron doesn't care
>>
i am going to watch prometheus in around an hour...what am i in for guys?
>>
>>63514199
Nice scifi movie, decent acting and imagery as well as effects. People bitch about it both ways, but it's neither deep nor shit, it's a normal movie
>>
>>63514226
i'm also going to watch prometheus tomorrow, what am i in for then?
>>
File: 1449023476518.jpg (256 KB, 1300x867) Image search: [Google]
1449023476518.jpg
256 KB, 1300x867
>>63514199
An awesome movie. I watched it a couple nights back and found myself enjoying it the entire way through.
>>
>>63513724

The only canon is Alien and Prometheus.
>>
>>63514226
which is kind of a big letdown

Everyone was hyped as fuck for it, like it was gonna be this century's 2001:A Space Odyssey but with cool monsters on top of it. "decent" and "normal" doesn't cut it.
>>
>>63514016
It's extremely divisive. I liked it. Def worth a watch.

Can anyone tell me the main differences in the DC of Alien 3? I'm not really sure if I've seen it. Is it just some extra scenes?
>>
>>63514016

You will need to watch it 2-3 times to truly get it. It is a perfect movie wasted on the capeshit generation (aka the people who post here).
>>
>>63514016
Watch Planet of the Vampires first. It'll be more fun that way.
>>
>>63513654
Good movie
dc is way better than the old bersion
>>
>>63513938
aliens is the ultimate hackjob movie made by one of the most cleverly disguised hacks in the industry.

it's all quips and muh marines, and then they die as muh strong woman warrior beasts it

literally one of the first examples of reddit: the movie
>>
>>63513654
just meh. i watched it for sigourney weaver. my first and only sci-fi waifu.
>>
Who gives a shit about canonicity at this point?

I mean as long as Ripley's character doesn't get dumbed down (which would have happened had the prayers of Alien3's haters been answered) or retconned into something stupid, there should be no concern about what's canon and what's not.

Each Alien movie is good, even the fourth one. The fourth one had a weak script that turned it into a linear series of situation with very little drama, but aside from that it's a good Jeunet movie.

I get the feeling that the people who idolize Aliens and hate Alien3 only see the Aliens as a weird version of Jurassic Park raptors and like them for that reason only, which, ironically enough, is pretty close to their rendition in Alienrez, which they also hate.
>>
>>63514029
I enjoy Alien, Aliens and Alien 3 each in thier own way.

I remember loving Aliens the most as a kid mostly because of the action naturally, I hadn't seen Alien 3 then until my family needed to help my uncle moving shit from his house, he owned a video rental company and to keep me out of the way he said to pick a film to watch.

Chose Alien 3.

Loved it even back then on my first viewing and I think as you get older you appreciate it a bit more than Aliens for being closer to the original, not to say Aliens is not enjoyable.
>>
>>63514370
this is completely unsubtle but newfags will fall for it
>>
>>63513654
there is no director's cut, it's an assembly cut. david fincher wanted nothing to do with this, even he knew how badly he fucked up.

assembly cut just makes a shit movie less shit, but it's still one huge pile of shit.
>>
>>63514322
Confused here, I though there were only two cuts of Alien 3, the theatrical and the assembly, being the closest to a directors cut as fincher wanted no involvement.

Am I missing something ?
>>
>>63514453
That's very true. I first saw Aliens as a kid and naturally it was my fav.
Then I watched all four movies and the 4th one appealed to me the most because it has Jeunet's baroque freak show aesthetic all over it and kids love that shit. Then I watched the two Nosferatus and understood Ridley Scott's genius with the first one and it became my favorite.

But in recent years I've grown to appreciate the third one at least as much as the original because it's just so fucking characterful and beautifully-shot.
>>
>>63514513
there's no Director's cut,he's just confused
>>63514322
some extra scenes, some replaced scenes, many extra shots... it's significantly better.
>>
>>63514571

Cool gonna check it out.
>>
>>63514676
I love the assembly cut personally, it adds a lot more to the movie, though I do prefer the alien bursting out from the dog as seen in the theatrical version.

The dog scene seemed far more brutal and eerie than the ox alternative.
>>
>>63514096
>not Benjamin fucking Button
>>
>>63514455
*tips 2015*

checked and witnessed :^)
>>
>>63513654
A boring clusterfuck of a movie.

Works (maybe) if you just tell yourself Ripley is already dead and she's in purgatory or something because the tonal shift away from the contemporary feel of both the original and Aliens is so jarring and unfitting...it still amazes me.

Everything from it's genesis to it's execution is just a misstep. It never should have been made. There is a whole documentary on it that is more entertaining than Alien 3 itself.
>>
File: airplanesweating.gif (583 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
airplanesweating.gif
583 KB, 400x225
>post yfw you heard this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vic6bO14CZg
>>
>>63515678
That creeped me out for sure.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.