[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did Jerry need 320,000$ for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: jerr.jpg (123 KB, 1600x887) Image search: [Google]
jerr.jpg
123 KB, 1600x887
What did Jerry need 320,000$ for?
>>
He was scamming that compan
>>
>>63513072
u mean his father in law
>>
>>63513072
For what though?
>>
>>63513019
Self respect. He wanted to get that parking lot action instead of taking piss poor finders fees from his wealthy and successful father in law. He wanted more than ripping off people selling cars.
Unfortunately, Jerry is an asshole and a moron.
>>
Well gee, maybe you should mind yer own business

I don't think it's much concern of yurs what Jerry did with his money
>>
>>63513293
So he was scamming the loan company to buy the parking lot?
>>
File: ;_;.png (653 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
;_;.png
653 KB, 853x480
>you will never have what Marge and Norm had
>>
He was a greedy jew.
>>
>>63513358
That's the only way it makes any sense. He had to have started out thinking that he could keep up the fake car loan scam long enough to collect enough money, but they bust hum on his smudged faxes, he hits up dad in law, who humiliates him to boot, so he resorts to the fake kidnapping with the goal of taking the ransom and using that for the parking lot. Then that goes off the rails.
>>
>Don Chanoe

Who was Don Chanoe? Everyone always talked about him, but the character was never introduced.
>>
>>63515021
Makes sense but it's still a retarded plan.
>kidnap wife
>get 960,000$
>pay loans back
>buy parking lot
Hey, jerry, where'd you get the money to buy that parking lot?
>...
>>
>>63515408
Showing the grand puppeteer would ruin the mystery. Don Chanoe looms over the film like a dark cloud, lending a constant feeling of dread and foreboding. Revealing him would ruin that, and would never match the audience's expectations. As it stands, Don Chanoe will simply remain one of cinema's greatest enigmas, and that's how it should be.
>>
Wanted to buy some Tru Coat
>>
>>63515021
It sounds like he had already spent the 320,000$ in loans though. If not he could have just said fuck the parking lot and paid it all back.
>>
YOU WERE SUCH A SUPER LADY
>>
>>63513019
>>63513278
For reasons, who gives a fuck, if he had a specific goal the Coens would have shown it

imho efe a eme, I read it as a human consumed by the idea that money will give him happiness and by extension a way out of that shitty life he led

Contrast this with the last scene in the cop's bedroom and Coen's statement becomes clear without them spoonfeeding it to the viewer. But that's just how I look at it.
>>
>>63515698
Well he was an idiot who thought he was smart. that was pretty clear
>>
>>63516217
>without them spoonfeeding it to the viewer
Margie literally has a monologue about how there's more to life than a little money.
>>
>>63515698
I figured he was inflating the cost of the land so that when his father-in-law gave him the money, he could make the deal and keep the leftover anount for his scam debt.
>>
File: why. why. why..gif (278 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
why. why. why..gif
278 KB, 450x338
>>63513465
Fuck you anon for reminding me!
>>
>>63516091
>$320,000
Consider this. When Jerry is told that they need the whole $80k, he flips his darn lid.
$1,000,000 - $80,000 still leaves Jerry with $920,000, $40k of it that he still needs apparently.
>>
>>63516091
Yeah I thought this was it. He had been stealing for a while and now it was clear he couldn't go back or forward without getting caught so he devised a new and even worse plan to get money
>>
who /truecoat/ here
>>
File: mule.jpg (47 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
mule.jpg
47 KB, 500x300
>>63513019
Hehe . . . meme.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.