[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Bart, wake up >Bart, listen >Did I ever tell you about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Obi-Wan-Simpsons-firma.gif (58 KB, 642x683) Image search: [Google]
Obi-Wan-Simpsons-firma.gif
58 KB, 642x683
>Bart, wake up
>Bart, listen
>Did I ever tell you about Sadgasm?
>Sadgasm was a GRUNGE band formed by Homer Simpson during the 90's. The band was originally formed "in the nineties" yet somehow during the early 2000s, as an inoffensive, urban light, hip hop, smooth grooves outfit. After Homer sees Marge and one of her professors from her university together, Homer changes the band's direction into a wholly different type of music: Guitar Rock Utilizing Nihilist Grunge Energy or "grunge". The band is then named Sadgasm.
>Their first public appearance was at Springfield University. Some of the band's best songs include Margerine, Shave Me (later made into Brain Freeze, a parody song by Weird Al Yankovic), and Politically Incorrect. A video was filmed for Margerine which featured Homer singing in front of the host and contestants of a parody Jeopardy!, a reference to the music video of the Metallica song Hero of the Day (one of the contestants was played by Grampa Simpson) and later singing in front of gym bleachers filled with crash test dummies, a reference to the music video of the Nirvana song Smells Like Teen Spirit.
>The group broke up sometime later because, according to Kurt Loder, Homer holed himself up at his mansion when rumours swirled about an out of control narcotics addiction, which turned out to be insulin because he became diabetic from drinking too many frappuccinos
>Now sleep, Bart. You've got to wake up for school in two hours
>>
>>63513010
Yeah thanks
>>
Is this really a worse concept than the Be Sharps?
>>
>>63513456
What didn't you like about the Be Sharps?
>>
>>63512799
I don't really get the hate for this episode
It was just a meta joke on the fact that, if marge and homer were 37 and the year was 2008(?), then they would have been in college in the early nineties even though that's when the show begun because the characters don't age

I think this is also the episode that pointed out that the maths in the family made no sense. The official story was homer and marge got together at the end of high school and then had a shotgun wedding soon after when marge became pregnant with bart
But Homer's 37 and Bart's 10
Which means Homer would have had to be 27 when Bart was born.
Which leaves almost ten years unexplained
>>
>>63513925
You see, people like their canons and stories, especially when they get attached to the characters in them. When you establish a canon timeline and it's filled with quality people will be happy. If you break the canon for no good reason just to make a horribad and unfunny episode that actively fucks with the previous and loved content people get upset.
>>
>>63513456
Yes. Absolutely.

Be Sharps was kind of goofy but ultimately well meaning. Which fits the characters perfectly. Sadgasm is none of those things.
>>
>>63514509
But I already said, the canon made no sense and this episode pointed that out. And canonically they don't exist in some world where people don't age and time doesn't move forward
But they don't grow at all

And simpsons has always had a history of referencing pop culture. So it would make no sense if we had a 70s flashback where they were in college in one scene and then an obama joke in the next
This episode just pokes fun at that whole idea
>>
>>63512799
Didn't he meet Marge in high school and neither of them went to college?

Or did they retcon that too?
>>
>>63515347
They retconned it
>>
How did "he was a good friend" evolve into "hey wake up now go to sleep"?
>>
I can't wait until homer was in a linkin park type band and talks about how crazy it was in 2002 america
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.