[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
literally what? why didn't dooku just cut off his arm and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: dooku.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
dooku.webm
2 MB, 854x480
literally what? why didn't dooku just cut off his arm and leg but instead barely cut him
>>
>>63511390
hello reddit
>>
File: hurr.png (142 KB, 382x420) Image search: [Google]
hurr.png
142 KB, 382x420
>>
Because former Jedi make really shitty Sith as it turns out
>>
>>63511390
because Obi wan still has his arms and legs in A new hope and they needed to have Dooku beat him without killing or maiming him.
>>
>>63511390
Because in a new hope, obi wan wasn't a amputee
>>
>>63511390
Dooku doesn't have any interest in personally killing jedi.

He was a political idealist.
>>
OWOWOOWOW my knee!! Dooku you meanie!!!
>>
>>63511390
Dooku wasn't evil.
>>
File: 1449663375181.png (901 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1449663375181.png
901 KB, 690x460
>>63512370
>>63512376
Unfortunately this is exactly the reason

Plot-wise it is retarded as fuck, but in terms of continuity, Obi-Wan and Anakin were guaranteed to come out of every single fight unscratched (barring their duel)
>>
>>63511390
Because Dooku was only a villain in the absolute broadest sense of the word.

He planned on seceding from the Republic on the basis that it was being "ruled by the Sith" and inherently corrupt, so the Jedi responded by invading the bug planet with a massive army and starting an intergalactic war. And we're supposed to side with the Republic - which we know for a fact as the audience really is being run by the Sith - over the Confederacy just because, I don't know, in the real life US civil war the confederacy were the bad guys or whatever so they're also the bad guys here despite not using slaves because Lucas is a hack and general pottery reasons.
>>
>>63513126
His alligiance to the REPUBLIC TO DEMOCRACY
>>
Out of consideration for Qui-Gon's memory.
>>
Dooku wanted Obi-Wan to turn to the dark side. He didn't give a shit about Anakin.
>>
>>63513126
But he's a Sith! His master is a Sith!
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.