[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serial season 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 6
File: serial-social-logo.png (35 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
serial-social-logo.png
35 KB, 1200x1200
Season 2 of the Serial podcast is starting today.

This season will be focusing on Bowe Bergdahl, the US army soldier who allegedly deserted in Afghanistan. The government later traded prisoners for him.

What are your thoughts, /tv/? Last season blew up pretty big, will it be as popular this season?
>>
>>63509508
Just listened, I highly doubt it.

Next week, Sarah calls the Taliban.
>>
Everything that made S1 good was how the case was unfolding as she researched it. It was a lightning strike and it's pretty much impossible toe expect that to happen a second time.
>>
>>63509508
Damn, didn't know.

I'm hype.
>>
>>63509508
>Season 2 of the Serial podcast is starting today.

Good, I've missed her inquisitive jewish voice.

Adnan obviously did it though.
>>
>>63509625
Most compelling theory I've heard is that both of them did it.
>>
>>63509508
Just a quick glance at google Bowe Berhdahl seems like an interesting subject. The way the military conducts itself is often times controversial so it could be interesting. It seems like it has more potential than I thought when the second season was announced.
>>
Listening now.

Liking the new theme. This is gonna be an interesting case, I'm excited.
>>
>>63509808
How far will she be able to investigate though if the military can just block shit.
>>
>people actually think Adnan did it

Wow.
>>
>>63509977
Jay did literally nothing wrong
>>
>>63509977
>I remember everything except that day

Yeah sure Adnan.
>>
>>63510018
Not only he didn't do it, but even if he did, the case against him was complete shit.
>>63510004
Yeah except the part were everything he said/did was shady as fuck. I don't understand how he walks and Adnan gets convicted, Probably because the latter was pretty dumb and didn't play his cards right like Jay.
>>
Adnan and Koenig sextape when?
>>
BUT WHO WAS BEST BUY PHONE
>>
I like how everyone made NPR jokes about season 1 and there was even an SNL skit about it, even though it's literally about a girl who was brutally murdered.
>>
>>63509508
That Bergdahl shit has already been beaten to death. Boring as fuck senpai

Also Adnan did it and Jay helped him cover it up
>>
>>63510004
>black guy
>innocent
pick one
>>
i missed s1 live entirely, literally never even heard of it before i listened to it couple weeks back.
Its obviously at least reasonable doubt tho right? He shouldve never been convicted even though he probably did it.
>>
>>63512095
he won an appeal to have his case re-opened this year. Will probably be a retrial in 2017.
>>
>>63512095
Yeah, even if he did it no one from what I gathered can say he did it beyond any reasonable doubt. A whole lotta reasonable doubt in this one and he gets convicted because he didn't get GOAT lawyers like Robert Durst.

Wouldn't surprise me if he was innocent since this kind of thing happens all the time in the US.
>>
anyone see the trailer to The Jinx season 2? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N_P-MWLRx4
>>
I haven't had the chance to listen yet but from what I've read BOWE was stepping out on the MILITARY was he not?!
>>
>>63512095
How the fuck are you on this website and never fucking heard about Serial. We were regularly having threads during S1.
>>
>Caring about Americunt soliders

D R O P P E D
>>
File: DIolqO6.png (1 MB, 1465x902) Image search: [Google]
DIolqO6.png
1 MB, 1465x902
>>63512660
i like u anon
>>
>Lets find out if this soldier was guilty.

Doesn't matter. As an Army faggot, you follow chain of command, do your job, and stop thinking.

All the people who don't understand the military will call him a hero, but regardless of his reasons, he is guilty.
>>
>>63509508
I was worried I wasn't going to be on board with this case but the first episode was pretty good.

There really needs to be board for internet media though. For podcasts, webseries, etc.
>>
>>63514342
THATS NOT WHAT ITS ABOUT YOU FUCKING RETARD

It's going to be about why he did it and if his story is real
>>
>>63509690
Why the fuck would Sarah Koenig make a podcast about it fifteen years later if she was involved in the murder?
>>
>>63515178
the perfect cover
>>
File: 1200.jpg (100 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
1200.jpg
100 KB, 1200x675
>>63515178
>he hasn't seen the leaked photos
>>
>>63509535
The case was from 1999. Anything that unfolded was a result of the show
>>
>>63511938
And this board makes 9/11 and holocaust jokes. Grow the fuck up. What? Too soon? Fuck you.
>>
>>63515178
Kek
>>
>>63515474
except the mainstream media and SNL isn't 4chan. and holy fuck calm down.
>>
>not another unsolved crime
>instead about a fucking deserter

dropped
>>
>>63509625
as a public radio listener, i had enough jewish voices to hold me over until S2 came back.

Also have gotten way more into podcasts.
>>
>>63515046
>It's not about him being guilty. It's about him lying about whether or not he is guilty.

Do you have Down syndrome? I can already hear the spin in the story trying to make this faggot into a hero.
>>
>new theme song
Why would they do this? It's making more upset than I expected.
>>
File: 1437749220309.jpg (9 KB, 174x167) Image search: [Google]
1437749220309.jpg
9 KB, 174x167
>mail kaimp
everytime
>>
>>63515969
well the old one sounded like it was composed by the kid who said "mail kimp"
>>
>What are your thoughts, /tv/?
Deserters should be shot.
>>
>>63516146
>I use mail chimp. you do? I do.
>>
>>63516523
mai interview-fu
>>
I don't have itunes and I don't have a vpn or acc for pandora (Canda). Is there an alternative to DL season 1?
>>
>>63516938
open up here comes the spoon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O8Dzz8KzqQ
>>
>>63517035

Thanks. I guess I could just convert the to mp3s.
>>
I was hoping for another small case I had heard nothing about.

Not something that has been covered by every news outlet in America.

She is now forced to discover something new to reveal somekind of truth or it will come off as if she's reading the wikipedia page with some intercut interviews.

Season 1 worked because it's payoff was the fact the case was brought to the attention of people and Adnan will get an appeal.

A podcast isn't going to guilt the American Military into doing anything different then it already has planned. So she basically needs a Frost/Nixon moment or it will be considered a failure.
>>
>>63517116
The main page should also work, it links right to the mp3s. https://serialpodcast.org/season-one

I forgot how lovely Koenig's voice is.
>>
>not just doing another obscure highschool whodunnit

Series dead. This national news politically charged shit is not interesting.
>>
>jay says he was scared because Adnan's connections might hurt or kill him
>yet for some reason Adnan chose Jay to be his accomplice in murder rather than those thugs he already knew

Jay was a fucking liar, he was at least involved
>>
>>63516938
>I don't have itunes and I don't have a vpn or acc for pandora (Canda). Is there an alternative to DL season 1?

All the previous episodes are still up for download on the podcast app I use. All the app is doing is reading this feed so it should work.

http://feeds.serialpodcast.org/serialpodcast
>>
>She's literally speaking to the Taliban next episode

Kek gonna be great
>>
File: 1442807899359.jpg (25 KB, 383x383) Image search: [Google]
1442807899359.jpg
25 KB, 383x383
Did you guys know her father was one of the most infamous copywriters in history. He has a college named George Lois, whom Don Draper is based loved to claim his work and other copywriters and other art directors credit for their work. So like in the show they're both frauds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnqBe2sWbHc
>>
I have a question is episode three just an advertisement?
>>
>>63515738
>as a public radio listener, i had enough jewish voices to hold me over until S2 came back.

I just looked at my list of podcasts. I think at least one jew is a host on at least a quarter of them. Definitely at least one on any particular NPR or Slate podcast.
>>
>>63517900
For?

>>63518216
Yeah , I'm subscribed to many of those podcasts too, among many others. Doesn't really bother me.
>>
>>63515738
>Also have gotten way more into podcasts.

Check this one out

http://www.noagendashow.com/
>>
>>63509508

Who /mail keemp/ here?
>>
>>63518740
Tried to like it.

Not for me though.
>>
>>63518468
>Doesn't really bother me.

Doesn't bother me much either until they go off topic and start talking feminism or borderline cultural Marxist shit.

In the latest episode of NPR Pop Culture Happy Hour, Glen goes on and on about how much he hated being around white straight men in in the 90's. How "these white dudes form packs". I'm not even white and it was fucking disgusting how hypocritical they are.
>>
>>63519074
Yeah, that's there too. Haven't been listening to pchh, since none of the recent episode topics interested me much.
>>
Oh yeah, I can't wait to listen to more of Sarah's VOCAL FRY.

That shit is annoying.
>>
>>63519074

i used to listen to PCHH and this is what made me stop. Almost every time they had a guest from Code Switch, the converstation would inevitably lead into this bullshit.

glad to see glenn has gotten more comfortable saying stupid shit and that i haven't missed much
>>
>>63519074
>>63519341
>>63519917

Shitlords come in all political spectrums
>>
>>63518468

On the podcast. I've downloaded them all but three is off for some weird reason. On both of the links provided.
>>
>>63519420
Takes some time getting used to.
>>
>>63509508
WOoooo just starting now
>>
>>63519420
>VOCAL FRY

?
>>
>>63509508
Tbh that theme song remix is kind of annoying
>>
>>63520287
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vocal_fry_register

Basically when someone creaks their voice at the end of sentences. It happens mostly with women and I find it annoying as fuck.
>>
>all these people dropping the show without even listening to the episode

it was pretty good. I know part of the attraction to S1 was the story, but the story of S2 is intriguing because his story has been pretty under wraps.

the production was top notch too
>>
>>63509508
Just finished it.
It was OK, not that gripping,
Except I definitely want to hear her talk to the taliban next week
>>
>>63517200
This.
>>
>Season 1 was about if the guy is guilty
>Season 2 is about a guy who is definitely guilty, it's just a question of if he is a coward or a retard with delusions of grandeur
dropped
>>
>>63522072
>>Season 2 is about a guy who is definitely guilty, it's just a question of if he is a coward or a retard with delusions of grandeur

This desu senpai. The guy says that his commanders were mishandling the situation and were inept so he wanted to bring attention to it. Yet, he's a green PFC pog who doesn't know shit from shinola. Who is he to second guess the entire chain of command? Of course pansy liberals are going to defend him though.
>>
>>63512227

durst gives 0 fucks. brutally murders and gets away because he's drowning in money.
>>
>>63522072
>>63522156
I thought ep 1 was interesting. Both he and the showrunners said what he did was dumb so I doubt people are going to defend him like you're claiming.

I'm looking forward to it. 5 years is a long time, there will probably be a pretty unique perspective. And it sounds dumb but I trust the Serial team that there is enough to this story to make it worthwhile
>>
>>63515427
>As she researched it.

>>63509535
Pretty spot on. I'll try not to be too pessimistic and cynical about it. Oh, wait. Who am I kidding? All media sucks
>>
The Jinx season 2 is going to be better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N_P-MWLRx4
>>
>>63523269
>>63512438
samefag
>>
>>63517900
they fucked it up on the website and on itunes, and only put an ad up somehow, you can listen to episode 3 here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PXTzY6OFHM

I was just as confused till I youtubed it to confirm.
>>
>>63516364
It worked though.
>>
>>63515969

old theme best theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0v6dmme1DU
>>
>>63524619
>not posting the full three part theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmfECTuYcFQ
>>
>>63524729

i wasn't sure tv was patrician enough to appreciate it
>>
Bowe seems like a huge unsympathetic idiot, so it's going to be rough to actually build up any kind of conflict or mystery this season
>>
>>63524910
Just trust them and go along for the ride.
>>
>>63509508
Just started season 1 right now, it's fucking boring.

Does it actually get good or does this feminist keep talking nonstop?
>>
>smoking and sex = being a murderer

Holy shit, how biased is this bitch?
>>
>>63525183
Stop listening, and try having a nice glass of bleach with a side of cyanide while you're at it.
>>
>/tv/ is too autistic and/or pleb for Serial
Feels bad
>>
>>63525395
>being actually believe Serial is something revolutionary and special

Go outside for once.
>>
>>63525395
There's clearly people on here who enjoy it.
>>
quads and adnan is guilty
>>
>>63525559
capped and sent to adnan's lawyers
>>
>>63509508

Doesn't feel personal enough, if that makes any sense. I feel like the intrigue in season one was how (relatively) small the actual situation was. One person got murdered in the 90s, and I knew nothing about it going in. I don't want to listen to a podcast about a situation that's already been all over the news.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.