[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Obi wan one of the greatest comedy characters of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 12
File: 7989554563.jpg (10 KB, 236x282) Image search: [Google]
7989554563.jpg
10 KB, 236x282
Is Obi wan one of the greatest comedy characters of all time? His lines and delivery are ridiculous to the point of parody.

>New stupid haircut every movie, each signifying the trends of a different generation
>Rat tail
>Glorious mullet
>Gentleman's undercut and beard combo
>'The negotiations were short'
>'I hate when he does that.'
>'Thats why I'm here!'
>'Blast! This is why I hate flying.'
>'What in blazes is he doing there?!'
>'Always on the move.'
>'Oh, I don't think so!'
>'Killing younglings!'
>'You have done that yourself!'
>Followed up five seconds later with an almost identical line:
>'Your anger and lust for power have already done that!'
>That little Humphrey Bogart-style detective adventure in the first half of AOTC.
>Gets literally everything wrong.
>Becomes old man ghost in a swamp
>Is still wrong about everything.
>Is the only character to not shoulder any responsibility and remains entirely blameless throughout the entire series
>>
>Not 'I have a bad felling about this'
>>
>Why do I get the feeling you'll be the death of me
I genuinely liked this line
>>
File: kenobi.jpg (148 KB, 427x531) Image search: [Google]
kenobi.jpg
148 KB, 427x531
Choose the Order. Choose a mission. Choose a Master. Choose a fucking big hologram projector. Choose refresher machines, starships, compact holocron players and lightsabers. Choose Force healing, high midichlorian count, and Trade Federation insurance. Choose fixed interest Tattooine junkyard repayments. Choose a starter meditation chamber. Choose your Padawans. Choose trooper armor and matching R4 unit. Choose a three-piece robe on hire purchase in a range of fucking Jedi fabrics. Choose democracy and wondering who the fuck you are on a Coruscanti morning. Choose sitting on that repulsor chair waiting through mind-numbing, Force-crushing Council meetings, stuffing fucking Dex's Diner food into your mouth. Choose being one with the Force at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable cave, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up younglings you trained to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose the Empire... But why would I want to do a thing like that?
I chose not to choose the Empire. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got the high ground?
>>
File: quigon.jpg (99 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
quigon.jpg
99 KB, 1920x1080
>>63506434
>>
I don't find him very attractive.
Some people seem to have a crush on the guy. The actor who plays him. Can't remember his name.
He looks plain to me. Not bad looking. But not great.
>>
And he trained the biggest murderer the Galaxy has ever known, having himself been trained by the human equivalent of Jar Jar Binks, who in turn was trained by another incompetent evil guy.
>>
>>63506434
tasty pasta
>>
>>63506537
He's the best looking male character in Star Wars, at least. Yes, even more than Harry Ford.
>>
File: sheev.png (186 KB, 508x387) Image search: [Google]
sheev.png
186 KB, 508x387
Anakin, have I ever told you about THE DARK SIDE OF THE FORCE and how I'M A BAD GUY and I'M THE SITH LORD. I hope you're picking up on the subtext here, my boy.
>>
>>63506540
Does Dark Side skip a generation or something?
>>
>>63506636
He's good looking, but lets not go crazy here.
>>
File: 67587476.jpg (7 KB, 263x258) Image search: [Google]
67587476.jpg
7 KB, 263x258
That said, he did create the most lethal lightsaber form known to man. The "I'm going to poke you in the fuckin' eyes" form.
>>
File: 1448698934731.jpg (262 KB, 1200x813) Image search: [Google]
1448698934731.jpg
262 KB, 1200x813
Luke, did I ever tell you about Anakin Skywalker? Imagine being me in the Jedi Temple and having to be all like "damn, Anakin, you fuckin' edgy, all brooding with your angry eyes and horrific androgynous monster hair. I would totally have train you, both as your master and your friend." when all I really want to do is train a different youngling in the practice chamber. Like seriously imagine having to be me and not only sit in my Council chair while Anakin flaunts his disgusting pride in front of me, the favorable opinions of the other masters barely concealing his childish incompetence and hatred of sand, and just sit there, meeting after meeting, hour after hour, while he perfected that glare. Not only having to tolerate his monstrous fucking visage but his haughty attitude as everyone in the council chamber tells him he's THE CHOSEN ONE and DAMN, ANAKIN ACTS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch his smug fucking gundark face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been training nothing but a healthy set of Padawans and Knights and later murdered younglings for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies on Stewjon. You've never even seen anything this fucking cringey before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on his boyish face as he tries to frown angrily at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to sit there and revel in his "destined (for that is what his calls himself)" purpose, the purpose he worked so hard for by winning podraces in the previous years. And then Master Yoda calls for another meeting, and you know you could kill every single person in the chamber before the Council could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because I'm fucking Obi-Wan. I'm not going to lose my future Tatooine retirement over this. Just bear it. Hide my face and bear it. He was a good friend
>>
>>63507188
That's some good pasta tbqhwu senpai
>>
>>63506636
I agree.

>>63506814
Name someone more attractive.
>>
>>63507306
Hayden is pretty qt when he is not "acting"

Harrison Ford of course

Old Hammil aged like wine

Fucking Oscar Isaac, just standing near him makes you pregnet

And I think Ewan oficially went JUST status in the last years
>>
>>63507394
Nah, McGregor is still more attractive than all of them. He is also a better actor (though I will say I haven't seen much of Hayden) and seems like an all around nice guy, which cannot be said of Ford.
>>
>>63507476
I don't know, maybe i'm just a bitch for Oscar, but i think he is also a much better actor

But yeah, Ford is a fucking dick
>>
File: 81020140716118.jpg (120 KB, 540x1146) Image search: [Google]
81020140716118.jpg
120 KB, 540x1146
>>63507476
I'd argue Ford is better looking, if only marginally. He also has more of a cool factor, whereas Ewan seems like the kind of guy who would give you a lift somewhere even if he didn't want to.
>>
>>63507562
He'd be like a Bro lover, where he would let you rest your weary head after a day's work in his comforting lap, whilst gently caressing his dick
>>
>>63506207
>Is the only character to not shoulder any responsibility and remains entirely blameless throughout the entire series
"I have failed you Anakin, I have failed you."
>>
>"only a sith deals in absolutes"

what did he mean by that?
>>
>>63507887
He immediately retcons his own opinion when he judgementally calls out Anakins bullshit and makes it out to be his fault.

>>63507949
Just talking bollocks like he did in literally every other scene.
>>
When does Obi Wan leave Scotland for England?

When does he go bald?
>>
>>63507394
>JUST status

mcgregor is still really good looking. nowhere near JUST
>>
Ewan McGregor is so fucking BASED

>the... Younglings *snorts back laughter*
>>
File: jesus.jpg (35 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
35 KB, 600x600
>>
File: 1427133108774.png (125 KB, 222x319) Image search: [Google]
1427133108774.png
125 KB, 222x319
>>63507968
>having character growth is retconning something
>>
>>63508799
>yfw Last Days in the Desert comes out and Ewan Jesus is amazing
>>
>>63507188
Holy shit my sides!
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.