[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait. Can somebody explain the ending? I don't get it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: durp.jpg (65 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
durp.jpg
65 KB, 600x450
Wait. Can somebody explain the ending? I don't get it.
>>
she was a nigger
>>
>tits
>>
Men are evil
>>
>>63505011
>surfing with your thighs

cool
>>
>>63505011

She was an alien just like us.... UNDER THE SKIN
>>
>>63505011
she died
>>
Good film but why are movie and TV aliens always thin humanoids that are just the right size to disguise themselves as people?
>>
What kind of bullshit filter did they put on the Blu-Ray release?

On my 4K tv i should have been able to count her individual pubic hairs during her nude scene but instead i can barely see shit!
>>
It was a decent flick until it turned into the typical "alien learns how to love through human kindness" shit
>>
>>63505011
The minute she evolves beyond her programming and just tries to live her life, the world fucks her over.
>>
>>63505095

Because the pool of actual alien beings is a little dry.
>>
They should have set up the truck driver guy a little better. It's kind out of no where
>>
>>63505011
She was ACTING
>>
>>63505011

The point of the whole movie is that one can not know the motivations of an alien... And that cuts both ways, as evidenced by her(?) inability to recognize danger. In the end, that was what got the alien killed.
>>
>>63505130
You're watching 1080p upscaled to 4k

there are no native 4k versions of anything currently.

They have barely started selling 2k upscaled to 4k.
>>
>>63505159
>indie art film
>flick
kek
I agree that the cliche was lame, though, but then again it was obvious it was going to be one of those "wow guys look at our society" films from the beginning.
>>
>>63505011
An abattoir worker becomes disgusted with her job and one day flees into the wilderness to live among the animals, she is very naive and oblivious to the danger.

Her manager chases after her in a desperate bid to save her, but he's too late, the girl frightens one of the animals and it kills her in self defence.

That is the entire story.
>>
>>63505159
>>63505652

...But that's not what happened. The alien tried to assimilate but couldn't and was eventually killed because of it.
>>
>>63505712
The ugly guy is what triggered the alien's desire to assimilate or at least stop slaughtering people.
>>
>>63505594
The point is to provide a zoological view of humanity and expose the underlying ritual of our behaviour, we adopt the perspective of the alien and look at (sometimes real) human beings as if they were cattle.
>>
>>63505814
Climb down out of your asshole and look at what you just wrote, please.
>>
>>63505712
Yeah, but I just meant that halfway through you were already expecting some kind of "wow humans are the monsters after all" twist because of how it was all set up. The way it saw different humans in the same way at first but changed her mind after she met the deformed guy and the one who took her in and protected her.
The transition was obviously going to go one way: alien is evil > people are all prey and all the same > people are actually cool and unique > alien is not evil > oh wait people can be evil too.

Still a great film, though. It made some interesting points, even if it recycled old ideas.
>>
File: 1448922671856.jpg (132 KB, 502x800) Image search: [Google]
1448922671856.jpg
132 KB, 502x800
Wait she was an alien?
I think I have to rewatch this.
>>
>>63506027
Yeah, it sort of was a twist of epic proportions !!
>>
Obligatory pleb faggots don't appreciate Birth post.

That is all.
>>
>>63505095
She I don't think she was one of the actual aliens, I think she was some sort of genetically engineered humanoid or robot that was created specifically for the mission.
>>
>>63506027
>>63506159
It was clear she wasn't a human from the start of the movie, what the fuck lads?
>>
>>63507072
Please repair your sarcsam-detector
>>
File: tumblr_n9sr8hIIIE1s80xlwo7_1280.jpg (599 KB, 1232x1600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9sr8hIIIE1s80xlwo7_1280.jpg
599 KB, 1232x1600
What's there to get? You're supposed to be high and masturbating
>>
>>63505011
After burning in flames her dark alien spirit transcended the human body and achieved purity. The ashes mixing up with falling snow is especially symbolic.
>>
File: scarlett-johansson.png (223 KB, 351x744) Image search: [Google]
scarlett-johansson.png
223 KB, 351x744
>>63505011
D R O P P E D
>>
>>63505814

I know that the novel was an allegory about the meat industry, wherein the"cattle" comparison was a lot more deliberate and explicit.

However, in reading some, admittedly cryptic, interviews with Jonathan Glazer, he seemed to be going for something different. That being a story about "what it truly means to be alien."

And when one boils that notion down to its base, as Glazer attempted to do, the only absolutely true thing that one could glean is that an alien would be unknowable.
>>
>>63507354
Damn it, anon. Now this thread will be pruned... I'm conflicted because Scarjo naked on one hand and I like discussing the film on the other.
>>
>>63507354
>dat sole

2lewd4me
>>
File: 21848429391_a96fbaba30_o.jpg (746 KB, 2312x1536) Image search: [Google]
21848429391_a96fbaba30_o.jpg
746 KB, 2312x1536
>>63505011
Heat is frequently used as a metaphor for intimacy which ScarJo spends the entire movie searching for. People often ask if she is cold. She inspects her body in a heat lamp. In her search for intimacy, she ends up raped. In her search for heat, she ends up immolated.

You're welcome.
>>
>>63507354
more?
>>
>>63506258
This movie would have been good if she'd fucked the kid. But she didn't, so it sucked.
>>
>>63507072
I thought she was a robot.
>>
Does anyone have that video where hochep took of his shavs in a map and died?!
>>
>>63508458
She was an alien robot, but the aliens that made her for the purpose of interfacing with humans couldn't work out the bugs of eventually having their robots believe that they were actually humans or some shit so they made special chaperone alien robots (motorcycle dudes) that would not interact with humans at all and therefore not succumb to the same bugs.

Once the human-interfacing robot goes rogue these chaperones collect it and have the new one take its place (what was happening at the beginning of the movie with stripping the clothes off that other chick who was also a human-interfacing alien robot) and the cycle continues.

That weird stuttering at the beginning was ScarJo's alien robot learning to speak English.

The aliens collect humans for unknown reasons but some say it's to eat them.
>>
>>63509217
They harvest their organs for some reason. In the scene when the drunk Scottish guy goes into the black liquid he sees the other guy that was put there before. His innards are separated from his skin and are then transported down some sort of belt into a portal.
>>
ITT: Plebs

Scarjo wasn't an alien. She was a human astronaut invading an alien planet.
>>
>>63510090
"She" was a humanoid alien invading a planet alien to "her." That planet being Earth.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.