[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Universal Pictures grossed $6.7 billion at the box office
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: Lang.png (197 KB, 720x719) Image search: [Google]
Lang.png
197 KB, 720x719
>Universal Pictures grossed $6.7 billion at the box office this year in large part due to its studio chairman, a half-Egyptian woman who embraces diversity. When is Hollywood going to understand that is almost always a winning game plan?
>Donna Langley was named The Hollywood Reporter’s Entertainment Executive of the Year for good reason. Universal’s 2015 slate included Furious 7, Jurassic World, Pitch Perfect 2, Trainwreck, Straight Outta Compton and Minions. Langley was also responsibly for successfully wooing Fifty Shades of Grey author EL James to the studio.
> Langley is an unusual bright star in the deep dark abyss that is the condition of women—let alone truly powerful women—in Hollywood. Universal currently has 20 percent of the market share, and this year’s box office numbers broke records. It has been proven time and time again that films starring women and people of color can and do make money when given the chance. Donna Langley clearly has that figured out but, as usual, we’re all still waiting for the rest of Hollywood to catch up.
>Notably, Langley has worked to produce diverse projects and isn’t concerned with the pandering of young white men that gives us shit like five different Transformers movies.

Thoughts on this, lads?
>>
>>63503876

Looks like the Broad City chick
>>
>>63503876
Yeah I'm sure her success is due to diversity and being a woman, nothing to do with being a ruthless businesswoman
>>
>>63503876

but she really didn't embrace diversity.

Jurassic Park and FF were franchises that brought in most of that.

You have the NWA movie but again that is a puff piece.

And what else? A singing movie..and that is about it.

FF had a real life death that put that over the top and Jurassic Park movies do huge business.
>>
>>63503876
>a half-Egyptian woman
wtf she doesn't look black
>>
>>63503876

> pandering of young white men that gives us shit like five different Transformers movies

Is everything the fault of white men?
>>
>>63503950
Yes
>>
>>63503950

Wait, there's 5 transformers movies? I thought the one with Wahlberg was the 4th. What's the 5th movie?
>>
>When is Hollywood going to understand that is almost always a winning game plan?
surely the head of the "most successful" hollywood studio is a prime example of hollywood understanding that? surely the entire thing is evidence for the idea that their agenda isn't an underdog? or is she supposed to be an inherent victim because she's a POG?
>>
>>63503980
Just looked it up: Apparently, there's a fifth one coming as part of a new "cinematic universe".
>>
>>63504015

When will it end? Jesus.
>>
> Thoughts on this, lads?

Please, fuck off back to /v/ or atleast bring some god damned memes to the table you fuck.
>>
>>63504038

When the last white male dies
>>
>>63504663

>all TF movies have had predominantly white characters doing everything with minorities either being useless or comedy relief

Hmm
>>
>>63503950
It's a well known fact that non-whites reject anything that isn't true Kino
>>
>>63503876
>included Furious 7, Jurassic World, Pitch Perfect 2, Trainwreck, Straight Outta Compton and Minions

But they are all complete, absolute and utter shit aimed to the lowest common denominator of every demographic.

Why do women like so much to kill art bros?
>>
>>63504691

>Jewish lead
>predominantly white
>>
>>63503876
Does that woman look like she worked a day in her life? Hollywood profits off of an actor's name and use slave labor to put the rest together. We never get creative stories because of these people. They just shove diversity down our throat. These are the people that turn Ninja Turtles into blacks.
>>
>>63503876
>the pandering of young white men that gives us shit like five different Transformers movies.
>Furious 7 and Jurassic World are fine tho teehee
>>
>>63503876
What's Universal got coming out next year? Oh that's right - fucking nothing.
>>
>Furious 7, Jurassic World, Pitch Perfect 2, Trainwreck, Straight Outta Compton and Minions

Every single one of those films listed were fucking garbage, and I'm a pleb who loves Jurassic Park and the F&F franchise
>>
>>63503985
Person of gender?
>>
>>63503876
These articles are more than fucking annoying. They demean the work of all the people in the industry by giving the Big Cheese all the credit. You know who was making those movies for her? Men, Women, Whites, Blacks, Gays, Asians, fucking everyone. Ever since Steve Jobs we've had this bullshit celebrity status around being a CEO or head of a Studio, fucking whathaveyou. None of her success is attributed to the fact that she is a woman. Fast and Furious 7? Pitch Perfect 2? 50 Shades of Gray? I mean fuck you, you mean established fucking properties that were already being bought into by women or other plebs. I don't mind it existing, but fuck you, she's in a position of power because she's ruthless. I know this because there isn't anyone who plays with hundreds of millions that ISNT ruthless. What the fuck kind of advantage does being a good woman give her?
From what I see from this article all she's doing is expediting the homogenization of business model movie making. She isn't renovating or fixing or making anything better. All those movies were shit stains. Shit stains that make money off of marks.
>>
>>63503876
yes this woman is entirely responsible for the success of all those films
>>
But it was the death of a white male that brought in the most money for them in 2015.
>>
>>63503876
>pandering of young white men

yeah there's hardly any of them anyway, fuck em amirite
>>
>>63503876
>Jurassic World
>Diverse

Hell, even the main dinosaur was white.
>>
>>63504773
shia is a good christian white man lad
>>
I wanted to learn about her background but it appears she has somehow avoided it being written about or recorded on the internet

Quite an achievement really

Other than her being with Universal since 2000... there's no mention of her experience or education prior
>>
>>63503876
Does anyone else expect all these heads to be like Amy Pascal?
>>
>>63503876
>Furious 7, Jurassic World
rehashed crap
>Pitch Perfect 2, Trainwreck, Straight Outta Compton and Minions
but these were shit. also why does "diversity" mean and only mean niggers and white women
>isn’t concerned with the pandering of young white men that gives us shit like five different Transformers movies
true they're bland af
>>
>>63503942
WE
>>
>>63505300
WUZ
>>
>>63505328

FAGGOTS
>>
>>63505339
N
>>
>>63505427
SHEEEEEIIIT
>>
File: Kitty Flanagan.jpg (68 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Kitty Flanagan.jpg
68 KB, 1280x720
>>63503876
>>
>>63503950
>implying Latinos aren't the biggest nerds in nerdom

I tip my ironic fez toward my Hispanic nerd brothers. They make the Japanese look like alpha jocks in comparison
>>
File: 1449654804846.jpg (18 KB, 364x336) Image search: [Google]
1449654804846.jpg
18 KB, 364x336
>>63503942
>>
File: 1448414715140.jpg (120 KB, 1280x714) Image search: [Google]
1448414715140.jpg
120 KB, 1280x714
>>63503876
>The Most Successful Studio Head in Hollywood Is a Woman Who Prioritizes Diversity
> Langley is an unusual bright star in the deep dark abyss that is the condition of women

Can't ever, EVER admit that conditions are perfectly fine for women to success, even when its what your entire article is about.
>>
>>63503876
They forgot she's financial responsible.

While Amy Pascal thought it was a good idea to put $156 million in the new Ghostbusters, Universal avoided the tentpole movies for years until Jurassic World and Fast and Furious.
>>
>>63505183
kek
>>
>>63503985
This. That article makes no sense.
>>
>Langley was also responsibly for successfully wooing Fifty Shades of Grey author EL James to the studio.

In what world is that a good thing? Oh wait, it's Jewllywood. The world of shekels.
>>
>>63503876
"prioritizes diversity" i'm pretty sure she prioritizes diversity of genres and sfutt that makes money
>>
>>63503876

>half-Egyptian

EYOOO

SHE AIN'T NO BLACK NIGGUH

FUCKIN WHITEWASHIN US LIKE DEM FUCKKIN COLONISTS MAYNG
>>
>isn’t concerned with the pandering of young white men that gives us shit like five different Transformers movies.
>Furious 7
>>
>>63505164
It's almost poetic.
>>
>>63503985
Penis Orgasm Giver?
>>
>>63503876
>Releasing this article and counting the box office before Star Wars.
>Not being a Universal shill

pick one
>>
>>63503950
Transformers movies are pretty diverse by the way
>>
>>63503950

Ironic, considering Michael Bay is a Jew.

Jews are outright making shit that white men then get blamed for.
>>
I'm sure this year's success has nothing to do with how the top earners were rehashed garbage
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.