[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm watching the Rocky movies for the first time in my life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1366x768
I'm watching the Rocky movies for the first time in my life and jesus...I thought V was when they shit the bed but IV seems pretty fucking bad so far.
>>
Only Rocky and Rocky Balboa (haven't seen Creed) are respectable movies. The rest are just schlocky entertainment, except for 5, which is just a boring piece of shit.
>>
I feel like Rocky IV could be happening during the events of of 2010.
>>
>>63502136
Rocky > Creed > Balboa >>> II >>>> III = IV >>> V

Rocky, Creed, and Rocky Balboa are great, II is definitely watchable, III and IV are pure shit, and V is unspeakably bad.
>>
>>63502136

The great OST, training montage, Drago and the fights make up for the other shittiness that IV contains.
>>
I love Rocky a lot, even the ones people regard as shitty. But this, really
>>63502222
>>
>>63502222
>>63502303
Rocky was amazing, II was pretty fucking good, III was decent fun but definitely weaker than the first two movies.

But IV seems like it was made solely to make money. The fucking robot, the paper thin plot, the kid, evil russia vs USA. It's like it was made by comittee.
>>
>>63502382
I honestly might prefer IV to III just because of Based Dolph. In my opinion III was a cash grab too, it's just the plot of the original 2 movies mashed into one movie, basically.

And what the fuck happened to Adrian's character? How does a woman go from nigh-autistic levels of shyness to yelling at Rocky every movie about FIGHTING and BEING A FIGHTER?

Don't worry, V is a whole new level of shit.
>>
>>63502222
2 is pretty decent up untill the final training montage where it gives up trying to be a real movie and just becomes a shameless rehash of the first movie's final act. Before then it's pretty likeable and down-to-earth sequel that believably shows what would probably happen to this character after the first fight.
>>
>>63502423
What happened to Adrian? Rocky fucked the autism out of her.
>>
>>63502222
Quads of pretty much truth. I see 5 as a prototype for Balboa and Creed. He tried to pull off the "Rocky's getting old, times are changing" thing but it blew. Probably because it felt like half the movie wanted to be 2-4 while the other half wanted to be Balboa.

If the series ends at Creed I'd be fine with that. It was solid and felt like the original.
>>
>>63502423
I won't be watching V.

I know it's shit and I don't want my memory of the series ruined. III was half as fun as it was because of Mr. T. It's a shame he didn't get more characterisation though and after he loses it just sort of shows him looking defeated and that's it, would've been cool to see him become humble after losing to Rocky.
>>
>>63502222

>Rocky Balboa

I know those quads wished they were on another post because this is just disgraceful
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.