[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Really not feeling good after watching this. It really was a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3
File: 6376664oMY4.jpg (475 KB, 1800x1705) Image search: [Google]
6376664oMY4.jpg
475 KB, 1800x1705
Really not feeling good after watching this. It really was a cinema of violence. And that's the most powerful type.

The whole business of showing the building of success and then the fame was fantastic, the quantity of footage on the most unexpected times is very disconcerting, in many of them, the feeling is that it shouldn't exist and you shouldn't be watching it, but it damn does, and with the editing, the punches over 2 hours only can get stronger.

It's strangely nauseating when the end comes, because by then you are free of the media image, the thing so overused and ridiculized for years without end, and this end of the person is a pretty awful business. There's a feeling of hopelessness in the air, and it's a terrible feel, as you people must know, even if you can shrug it off a couple minutes later.

I do feel quite guilty of joking around at the time when she was falling apart inside the cage of the public's eyes. But, it is a thing I understand it's inevitable. The scorn, the banter, the verbal aggression: that all made sense because it was to the character, the thing you could see. But then when you have the resources and get a complex view of the person, everything changes.

And it's crazy, because if she didn't die, there wouldn't be no film, no eulogies, no guilty feelings. She could very well still be dying in front of everybody and who would give a fuck? Not me, I guess.

What the fuck is left to me? "I'm sorry, Amy Winehouse, I was a cunt enjoying your slow suicide". That means shit now.
>>
That was not exactly a review, I'm trying to get my head clear. This watching got to me, I am not even sure I am expressing things correctly. It was quite hurtful. What are your feelings on this film, mates? I know it's the kind of thing to easily attract memers and shitposters, but I hope they can resist.
>>
It was a flick at best. A cu.ck one at that.
>>
Good riddance, Jew.
>>
>>63502112
>Cinema of violence
>footage on the most unexpected times
>feeling is that it shouldnt exist

Could you elaborate on what you mean by this? Never heard of this doc(?) but it sounds interesting after reading your response to it.
>>
>>63502124

Honestly you just got to accept that some people are destructive and the idea of it being commonplace. You don't hear the other stories of other unfortunate people because they never get the limelight like her. IF you are gonna go around feeling sorry for everything that went wrong to everyone, dont. It will only manifest to you.
>>
>>63502217
And this is probably the best lesson you will ever learn from her death, OP. Life is but so you can experience and overcome trials. Let her wasteful death not be in vain. Human life matters just as little as it does shine.
>>
I fucked Amy before she was famous. True story
>>
>>63502217
>>63502260
That makes sense. But the tragic lives of people who didn't enjoy the limelight don't get carefully constructed post-mortem films. So, by ignorance, I escape the bad feelings of experiencing their journeys. But here, I can't.
>>
>>63502265
eww
>>
>>63502199
Yes, it's a documentary. Violence because it produces reactions through unscripted, 'live' images of a person, while she goes on two paths: constructing her success as an artist and, being very unable to deal with the resultant fame, spiraling on ever more consuming vices. The images that shouldn't exist is a consequence of the XXI century proliferation of cameras permitting that so many moments that before wouldn't be saved for posterity, now are. Ans, even knowing it was a doc, I got myself thinking in many scenes that I was seeing a dramatization, because the richness of things that Amy has of her being filmed doing is quite mindblowing.
Back to the violence point, the best kind of cinema that someone can wish is one where you get to be touched, by the neck if it's needed. Amy did that. It's very strong the overall of it, but very much recommended.
>>
>>63502112
You're rambling for attention. I think your (shit) opinions would be more appreciated at our sister website Reddit.
>>
File: 1418299612700.gif (858 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
1418299612700.gif
858 KB, 240x228
>>63502480

Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>63502304
I wish I could tell you anything that would alleviate that reality; that maybe these people create their own downfalls (and they probably do), but all thinking, trying, conscious life deserves every chance it gets no matter the cost, so each one lost is a tragedy.
I do like to think their deaths would allow potential situations to open up to others, reverbating through other humans and cause at the very least a minor impact on others.
I remember as a child in my Sunday Youth Group that a girl developed brain cancer and died. She was like 14. I wasn't even her "real" friend and she died and I knew her. It very sad and mainly a local thing. It still has a hole in my soul because it felt so pointless. I remember my Youth Group leader recalling how a few days before her death she couldn't even recall who she was.
Forget anything. Why does a young girl have to do that in a supposedly safe, happy setting? How does her, what I suspect to be, fragile mind comprehend her existence? How did it even cope? Why was she lied to her whole life and she got a quick, painful, useless death? It still hurts me and she's a single being that suffered. Millions suffer every single combined second. How does the world not scream? Why is this considered normal? Because it's the only established way?
>>
>>63502607
As I wish to tell you and myself the same. Some fast cure to these very horrible 'realities'. The suffering that anyone can have is such a immoral thing to exist. How can it be allowed, but for what or who could I plead mercy? A film that shows such life and then the wasting of it works like a catalyst, but the problem of the human condition doesn't end to exist if you're not thinking of it.
>>
>>63502736
A double edged sword does wonders if you're looking to improve on combat proficiency, one could assume.
>>
>>63502480
I was a bit unclear on what you meant so thank you for responding.
>>
I really enjoyed Amy, watched it at a niche cinema with my gf. we thought it was poignant. the footage they compiled was great, and it was tastefully edited but not censored. it did present a view of despair and the internalized sadness that many of us feel at times in the modern world. while i hate to use /pol/ terms it was actually quite "red-pilled" and portrayed a cruel media and a harsh public.
>>
>>63502170
>>63502198
>/tv/
>>
>>63504790
>and portrayed a cruel media and a harsh public
This very much. It was this for this year what Gone Girl was for 2014
>>
Lately I've been in a pretty bad way, I don't want to nor can watch anything happy or comfy. OP your thoughts on this documentary make me want to see this now.
>>
>>63505149
>tfw watched Black Metal Veins yesterday and Grave of the Fireflies today
>>
she sucked a lot of dicks, she did shitload of drugs

those people are called crackwhores, and I don't need another 90-minute document telling me that
>>
>>63504980
Gone Girl was really brave, that man was horrible and she had every right to exact her revenge on him. Even being him would be fabulous, being forced to have sex with her every night, and only her, totally under her control...
>>
>>63505331
i'm not sure you understood gone girl, anon
>>
Her biggest success was 9 years ago. Her death 4 years ago. I've been here for more than half a decade. I really can't make sense of time anymore.
>>
>>63505622
>Her biggest success was 9 years ago. Her death 4 years ago
whats your point?
>>
>>63505247
The one about your mother was enough was it?
>>
>>63505424
Understand my butthole.
>>
>>63505709
you certainly showed me
back to>>>reddit
>>
>>63505646
That for me it feels all like yesterday. All these things are together as this big soup on my mind.
>>
>>63502112
sad documentary but up there with my favourites of 2015
>>
>>63505786
Never been there to begin with, you sound like you know the place. How's being trolled?
>>
>>63505331
This is b8.
>>
>>63505900
it's doesn't seem like 9 years ago since back in black. where did all the time go?
>>
>>63505968
>le mastermind troll XDDDD
>>
>>63505981
I don't know, anon. I fucking literally don't know. If you ever discover, call me.
>>
>>63502124

This place is soulless, bro. I never even read past your posts yet but I guarantee the first one or two responses are epin kitana wielding edgelords.

In any case, haven't seen this yet. And going by your review, I'm probably best to save it for when I'm in a shitty mindset as it seems that I'll likely be there by the time it's over anyway...
>>
>>63506299
*TELEPORTS BEHIND ANON*
"nuthin personal kiddo"
>cuts anons throat with kitana
>>
More recs to heavy, depression-inducing docs?
>>
>>63506337
>that was just a hologram
;_;
sometimes I wish I was a hologram who would just fade away when the lights go out.
>>
>>63506404
Got try to find reasons to be cheerful, mate. Ain't easy, but I found that for me, this is a good mindset to face the many tomorrows.
>>
>>63506459
Thanks anon, it really is very hard.
>>
>>63505666

s a t a n
>>
Stupid spoilt junkie whore
>>
> le feeling sorry for le ebin rich singing smackhead media whore meme xD
>>
>>63506749
Fuck off, dude. Memespouting faggot
>>
>>63506749
> everything is memes and for teh lulz because I am an autismo who can't into human emotions

....and, no, the irony of the fact that I responded in meme isn't lost on me.
>>
I don't see it. Maybe it touched OP's feels bone but I didn't get the same out of it. Of note, sure, the amount of intimate footage is impressive as it's worth checking it out as it's not often you'll see a whole documentary almost solely based on it. But, and I say this as a fan of sorts (I mean, Frank was the last cd I ever bought), I reckon it's too heavy handed in treating certain players as villains (whether it means to or not is irrelevant, as is whether or not it's the truth of the matter), because it misses the forest for the trees.

The main draw I thought would be to explore her magnetic personality, musicianship and love for music and it barely scratches that itch, opting to focus on pink magazine schlock way too much. Still, worth a watch.

>>63506397
Oppenheimer's Act of Killing & Look of Silence. Not so much depression-inducing as something that'll possibly make you lose all faith in humanity and at the same time make you discover compassion you never realized you had. I'd leave the first (AoK) for last as it manages one of the most brilliant feats of emotional manipulation ever accomplished in cinema. And for a documentary that is saying something.
>>
>>63506784
>>63506836

> 2015

> worshipping crackhead celebrities manufactured for 15 year old girls first rebellion phase

ishiggydiggy
>>
>>63507060
I've been avoiding for the last couple of years The Act Of Killing. I guess it's time to go for it.
>>
File: 1.jpg (418 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
418 KB, 768x768
>>63507127
>>
>>63507127
You're fucking around, but Winehouse was literally miles away from your description. Almost polar opposite.
>>
It was unsettling and affected me emotionally more than I expected it would.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.