[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is shit like LOTR and Star Wars so praised when much better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: excalibur_1981_3.jpg (465 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
excalibur_1981_3.jpg
465 KB, 1000x1500
Why is shit like LOTR and Star Wars so praised when much better fantasy movies exist?
>>
>>63498237
Babbies today need cgi and ADHD editing to appreciate a movie. Shit like quality art direction isn't enough to wow audiences anymore.
>>
>>63498237
Better marketing
>>
>>63498237
i recored this awil ago on my tv and i watched it last nite, i have to say it was very interesting and some of the fights were fairly cool(no archers though), i really enjoyed it in the end i would rate 7/10. the story itself could be seen as better than LOTR or star wars but its not much better....
>>
Because Excalibur is 34 years old.
>>
>>63498327
>muh fights
>muh plot
>not awing at the amazing visual representation of arthurian legend
How does it feel to be a pleb?
>>
>>63498510
didnt really feel like typing out my full opinion of the movie just made a small comment, not really bothered you can think what you like.
>>
>>63498237
I love Excalibur but it would be weird if everybody did. For a start it's 34 years old, and also its structure and pacing can feel a bit strange. If I remember right the movie focuses on at least three major stories from Arthurian legend rather than being a typical structure of beginning -> middle -> end.

Also its presentation is probably a bit hard to appreciate if you aren't really into the mythology or movies. The way that the movie creates a magical kind of atmosphere while at the same time paying attention to historical detail is awesome stuff, but the average moviegoer might not really get that.

I think that if the movie were re-released or something it might stand a decent chance of doing well. With good marketing I could see this movie securing the Reddit audience.
>>
>>63498237
because muh rape
>>
>>63498930
>pacing
Jesus chist there it is again. Find a new buzzword to make yourself sound like you know about movies.
>>
>>63498930
I think there's too much rape for the Reddit crowd
>>
>>63498711
Please do post your full comment, friend.
>>
File: Perceval you god damned asshole.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Perceval you god damned asshole.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
>>63498930
it's called passion anon & guts boorman did an absolutely amazing job and it shows
>>
>>63498510
>muh plot
Some retards think that good plot is not needed to make a good movie? You are not better than a blockbuster loving kids who only need pretty cgi.
>>
No female King Arthur.
>>
File: HD Arturia.jpg (559 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
HD Arturia.jpg
559 KB, 1200x1600
>>63499214
Here have this
>>
>>63499224
>le BLACKED mascot girl
>>
File: 1438883652484.jpg (77 KB, 440x560) Image search: [Google]
1438883652484.jpg
77 KB, 440x560
>>63499204
Film is foremost a visual medium. Please do make an argument why a plot is needed to make a 'good' film.
>>
>>63499043
The movie does feel strangely paced though, it feels like it repeatedly winds up and down as the individual stories build to their climaxes rather than having the entire movie build up to one big one at the end like usual.
>>
>>63499043
rofl talk about nit picking and making presumptions
>>
I found it a little hard to follow at times but i just needed to think a bit more about what was going on, was alittle confused to why lancelot was such a cunt but hey thats just my opinion of him.
>>
>>63498237
>lotr
>shit
you need to crack open a windows, basement fumes are starting to afect you dumbass
>>
>>63498237
>this faggot was on /v/ sword thread and got curious about that one webm
It's because it's an older movie. A lot of people don't even know about it.
>>
>>63498237
Back to le faggot den with your shiny armor
>>
Now father, let us embrace at last
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.