[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's time for an autopsy what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (1 MB, 1137x558) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1137x558
It's time for an autopsy

what went wrong?
>>
legolas
>>
There was too much money to be made.
>>
>>63496994
Jackson knows how to make a great movie, but he's never learned proper pacing or editing to cut out the 'fluff'.
Every movie feels like an extended cut.
>>
Would've worked better as a miniseries. It was all about money.
>>
literally everything
>>
>>63497853
That's not the true issue. Jackson knows how to make a good movie, but he didn't really want to do it for this one. Simple.
>>
CGI
G
I
>>
It was all downhill after the Fellowship of the rings
>>
Are you serious? Making it in 3 parts.

Even the stupid animated movie got it done in less than 90 minutes. Any asshole can make a 6 hour CGI fuckparty when they dont have to understand any of the nuances of telling a story and just copy and paste it over and apply millions of dollars of graphics to make it look like it did in their heads when they were 5.

Literally anybody could do that shit.
>>
File: hobbit.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hobbit.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>63496994
Last minute change of directors (from Del Toro to Jackson)

Jews being jews and extending the script to 3 movies

Adding in unnecessary characters (Tauriel and that whole bullshit love triangle shit)

The demeanor of the dwarves, especially bifor, bofur, bomur, dori, and ori being absolute chuckle fucks

Shitty fight scenes

Robbing Beorn of his glory

Horrible alteration of costume design once Jackson took over

Fucking shitty CGI gloom

Excessive CGI
>>
>>63497781
>Niggers in Laketown
>Fucking Legolas
>Smaug was not a dragon
>Wanting to turn a children's book into an ebin trilogy
>CGI abuse fest
>>
>>63496994
I never understood the design choice of the first movie's poster.

Why is it tilted? Is it supposed to symbolize Bilbo's sinking ship that is his sanity? Is it supposed to represent his askew world view?
>>
Rewriting the actual book so you can have some shitty "muh nemesis" fanfiction between Azog and Thorin

I mean sure, he did the same thing in the original trilogy with the whole taking the Ring to Osgiliath and Ghost army ex machina shit but that was his way of keeping the script flow and didnt actually change Tolkiens original story that much.

But to fucking bring back a guy from the dead just so you can turn him into the main antagonist and have Thorin be some kind of war hero when in reality Dain killed Azog, what the fuck.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.