[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Krampus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Krampus.jpg (14 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
Krampus.jpg
14 KB, 540x405
I liked it. All those props and practical effects. The titular bad guy did not disappoint either. Lots of really nice shots like this.
>>
>DUDE GUN OWNERS ARE STUPID LMAO

I liked it too. It was fun.
>>
>>63495936
Its an instant classic
>>
>>63495975
That's not even a proper criticism. Tremors did the same thing.
>>
>>63495936
give me a synopsis. is this just the latest meme-movie being shilled by shitposters on /tv/ just like It Follows?
>>
>>63496137
It's about the "Shadow Of Saint Nicholas" picking off a dysfunctional family because they've lost the Christmas spirit. It's a horror comedy.
>>
>>63496192
>It's a horror comedy
>>
>>63495936
Fun movie. It had some iffy writing but the creature design and humor made up for it.
>>
>>63496137
First act is like a holiday comedy about a dysfunctional extended family with people bickering and being dicks, then in the second act an evil Germanic spirit descends on their neighborhood to punish them, and it's pretty much watching the family slowly get whittled down by Krampus and his minions.

It's a horror comedy, but the humor is all over the place. Some good moments (based Aunt Dorothy) and some stuff that makes you wonder if they thought kids would be watching. Double twist ending.

Strongest points for the movie are its use of practical effects, surprisingly little CGI, excellent costuming and design on Krampus, the elves, etc, and some really nice cinematography at times.
>>
So:

>/tv/ posters will love it
>it'll get word of mouth appeal
>reddit will love it
>/tv/ will hate it
or
>/tv/ will love it
>nobody sees it
>/tv/ gets to enjoy it
>>
>>63496502
Oh yeah, one thing I really liked was Krampus himself. He was genuinely scary, and whenever he entered the scene he fucking DOMINATED it even if all you heard was his footsteps.
>>
>>63496192
I think you miss typed there friend: it is a horrible comedy.
>>
>>63495996
Gummer was the hero of that whole series tho
>>
>>63495975
I like that Howard didn't turn out to be a total ass. Granted he was a stereotype to the end, but he was a good guy.
>>
>>63496574
>mask with goat eyes
Fucking insane.

I loved the rooftop jumping scene. He still felt like a mythical, Santa-esque being, but 10x more deadly.

>Beth dies first
Damn shame. She was cute, too.
>>
>>63496659
>Beth dies first
Yeah I wasn't expecting that. She was pretty cute. Speaking of, I saw a trailer for another horror movie coming out soon, The Witch, and it also has a qt blond girl and I think she gets nude in it.
>>
>>63496717
Nice.

I tried to start a thread about this a while back, but the previews for horror movies in front of Krampus (The Boy, The Other Side Of The Door, and The Forest) all had like the exact same premise: White girl's told not to do something, she goes the fuck ahead and does it anyway, and creepy fucking shit starts happening.

Why is that?
>>
>>63496875
I guess the hubris plot is in right now. But that movie, The Witch, seems more of a man vs nature vibe. It's set in the 17th century from the look of it, about a family that leaves the colony to live on their own in a homestead out in the wilderness. Then shit gets downright spooky, in a very old world fairy tale seeming kind of way.

Pretty sure the girl gets naked in it, I think one of the boys does too.
>>
>>63496944
Huh, neat. Might have to check the trailer out at some point.
>>
>>63495996

It absolutely is a valid criticism though. Using stale stereotypes is completely lazy and it added nothing to the film.
>>
>>63496875

>White girl's told not to do something, she goes the fuck ahead and does it anyway, and creepy fucking shit starts happening.

The anxiety of empowerment
>>
>>63497182
They managed to make him likable though. They could have just kept him the dumb "git ur done" republican voter shouting "yee haw!" as he gets dragged away on a Krampus hook, but they actually gave him a bit of depth. Just a smidgen, so you feel sorta bad when he bites it.

Gotta say I didn't feel the least bit bad for Howie Jr. though. Fat retard.
>>
>>63497211
Kek
>>
>>63497239

>They managed to make him likable though.

This is true. The political agitation was not necessary to making his character a redeemable douche though. and Howie Jr definitely deserved it.
>>
>>63497369
I guess. I think they were definitely going for a low hanging fruit with the "those wacky rednecks" stereotype, but on the other hand having them turn out likable in the end sorta overcomes that initial prejudice. Maybe I'm just giving the writing too much credit, there's some other things that don't stand up to close scrutiny if you over analyze it and it takes the fun out anyway.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.