[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (335 KB, 758x620) Image search: [Google]
image.png
335 KB, 758x620
what went wrong?
>>
Birdman has 262 reviews counted and The Revenant has 46
>>
Birdman, despite its spotty writing and bluntness, was still a good film.

Birdman had a superior cast to this. You can't beat Naomi Watts, Keaton, and Norton. Even the comic actors like Galifinakis were great in it. I don't find Leo very charismatic or interesting. He's also a try hard method actor.

Birdman's soundtrack is great, this one's forgettable.

And this is biased because I'm an actor, but Birdman was a lot more relatable and captivating. I felt like I was in the film, which is weird since so many filmmakers would rather use ironic distancing.
>>
>>63495544
>And this is biased because I'm an actor

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>>
>>63495625
An actor would enjoy Birdman a lot more than a normal, secure human being would
>>
The critics hate the movie because of the bear rape.
Anti zoophilia rights bigots.
>>
>>63495625
what's funny about that?
>>
Read the negative reviews for The Revenant they're all complaining about how it was too depressing or they didn't understand it
>>
File: cuaron.jpg (33 KB, 267x326) Image search: [Google]
cuaron.jpg
33 KB, 267x326
Am I the only one that sees this hack straight up copying Malick?

I hope this movie is shit
>>
Inarritu is known for making bleak, depressing dramas that make you feel like killing yourself. Birdman was his first (and thus far only) "comedy," and also his biggest hit by far. A lot of people saw The Revenant expecting more of the same, albeit with DiCaprio instead of Keaton, but got a depressing drama with lots of gruesome scenes of violence and long shots of Leo walking/crawling through the woods. Knee-jerk reaction to the film being so violent, combined with unrealistic expectations for the tone led to 8 of the 46 reviews being negative.

At least that's what I'm presuming based on what I've read. It very well could just be not as good; it's too early to tell. I'm not one to assume I'll "love" a movie before having seen it, but if people are complaining just because it's violent and slow-paced, then that's a little silly.
>>
>Birdman
>Average audience rating: 3.9

what went wrong?
>>
>>63495509
It tends to drop, you know
>>
>>63496330
plebs dont understand the ending, or for that fact the movie in general.
>>
>>63496330
people thought the movie was going to be capeshit
>>
>It's a Leo fails to win an Oscar episode
>>
>>63496330
>>63496373
>>63496443
>3.9/5
>7.8/10
>78/100
I spelled it out for you faggots since you faggots are literally retarded. It's still obviously too high and should be more like 3.9/10.
>>
>>63496448
>It's a Tom keks Leo and gets an Oscar episode
>>
>>63495475
Misplaced expectations. If anything it could be better than Birdman, but Birdman's success = Higher expectations and a slight disappointment with The Revenant.

It's personally why I think Avatar is such a disappointment because it's made by the same guy that made Terminator 2 and Aliens.

It's why the Star Wars prequels are considered really fucking horrible (they kinda are but you get my point) compared to the Original Trilogy.

Is it better? Watch both and form your own opinion. But critically it'll probably be inaccurate.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.