[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You can revive any dead filmmaker and show them any film that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: image.gif (66 KB, 310x432) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
66 KB, 310x432
You can revive any dead filmmaker and show them any film that came out after their death. Who do you choose and what do you show them?

I would either show There Will Be Blood to Orson Welles, or Se7en to Hitchcock.
>>
>>63493351
>There Will Be Blood to Orson Welles
Why?
>>
>>63493351
Revive Tarkovsky to show him Stray Dogs (2013) or Turin Horse because I think he would like them.
>>
Resurrect Carl Th. Dreyer and show him Star Wars: The Force Awakens
>>
I revive Kubrick and show him jack & jill
>>
File: 961745-2794.jpg (12 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
961745-2794.jpg
12 KB, 400x300
>>63493439
>>
>>63493415
Tarkovsky didn't like anything.
>>
>>63493363
I kno right, reddit was saying TWBB and Welles as well. It has absolutely nothing in common w/Welles work. Actually Gilliam is more Welles-ish than anyone else.
>>
Bergman and i'll show him To Boldly Flee
>>
>>63493363
>>63493502
I see a few similarities to Citizen Kane, being that both main characters are based on real life millionaires (Kane being William Randolph Hearst, Plainview being Edward Doheny), and both films are years spanning stories of men who were ruthless leaders in their industry who end up alienating themselves.

Plus it's a damn good movie, and I think he'd enjoy it.
>>
File: 1375828757675.jpg (26 KB, 400x312) Image search: [Google]
1375828757675.jpg
26 KB, 400x312
I think Bresson would appreciate Hana-Bi.
>>
>>63493415
Even Tarkovsky would be bored to fucking tears by Stray Dogs.
>>
>>63493488
He liked the films of Bresson and the music of Bach.
>>
File: rOEHA1M.jpg (90 KB, 470x705) Image search: [Google]
rOEHA1M.jpg
90 KB, 470x705
I would bring 90s Tarantino back to life and show him one of the shitty movies he has been making since then, leading him to becoming an hero.
>>
>>63493776
I read this in Mark Cousin's voice for some reason.

Where should I start with Tarkovsky?
>>
>>63493858
He made 7 movies, just watch them chronologically.
>>
>>63493858
Stalker first, then Mirror, Nostalghia, Rublev, Offret, Ivans childhood, Solaris if going in terms of quality. Do them chronologically if you want to see his style evolve over time.
>>
The Dark Knight Rises to Fritz Lang
>>
>>63493975
He'd probably dig it.
>>
I'd show Michelangelo Antonioni Michael Mann's Miami Vice.
>>
Yasujirô Ozu

Dude, Where's My Car
>>
I would show The Cückold to D. W. Griffith.
>>
>>63493351
I think that bringing back an old science-fiction director and showing them how far we've come would be neat. I'd like to show Mario Bava Prometheus. Hopefully he'd take it as a homage rather than a ripoff.
>>
>>63493351
Nuclear war has demolished all life on earth.

Jesus returns from Titan and begins resurrecting human beings. They, in turn, ressurect more.

I revive Orson Welles and show him a world without cinema. We are in heaven.
>>
>>63495150
Griffith wasn't actually a racist (he made Intolerance to prove it) and he was even pro race-mixing between whites and chinamen( Broken Blossoms).
>>
I would show the Lego Movie to Kubrick
>>
if u know anithing about welles u'd know he hate twbb & pta
>>
>AHhhhhh the french champagne
>>
File: niggertoes.png (231 KB, 640x464) Image search: [Google]
niggertoes.png
231 KB, 640x464
>>63496493
Then why did they rename the Directors Guild of America re-name the D.W. Griffith Award to the DGA Award, with Francis Coppola's full support? Just thought the latter had a better ring to it?
>>
I'd like to see dw griffith and kubrick watch lord of the rings. they're both directors of epic movies with large scale armies, I think they'd be impressed
>>
>>63496626
oh and I'd like to show ed wood to ed wood
>>
>>63496513
>came in here expecting to see something like this
>see this
>smile
>close tab
>>
Show Food Fight to Ford.
>>
The Lord of the Rings to Georges Méliès.
>>
>>63496562
That's just public perception of him (public perception often being ill-informed).
>>
The Hobbit to Peter Jackson
>>
I'd show The Aviator to Howard Hughes
>>
>>63496562
>"Shocked at the uproar that Birth caused among liberal intellectuals and the NAACP, Griffith did something no unreconstructed bigot would do. He made Broken Blossoms (1919), about a tender romance between a white woman and a Chinese man. "
http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/dvdextras/2003/01/dw_griffith_in_black_and_white.html

Now, his NAME is a dirty word because of Birth of a nation, that is not up for debate, and probably why the name of the award was changed. But the man himself was not as racist as his filmography would lead the people of today to believe.
>>
Show Bloodrayne to Ed Wood
>>
>>63493351
Gone Girl or the Social Network to Kubrick.

I wonder what he would say about Fincher's works considering how much of an influence he was on him.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.