[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOLY SHIT IT WAS AMAZING. IT WAS TROPES BUT THEY WERE THE TROPES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: Picture-11.png (663 KB, 1220x900) Image search: [Google]
Picture-11.png
663 KB, 1220x900
HOLY SHIT IT WAS AMAZING. IT WAS TROPES BUT THEY WERE THE TROPES THAT STARTED THE TROPES. IT WAS THREE FUCKING HOURS AND A HALF HOLY SHIT AND IT WASN'T EVER BORING.

EVERY MINUTE WAS ENJOYABLE.

EVERY FUCKING SHOT WAS BEAUTIFUL.

EVERY CHARACTER WAS ENTERTAINING.

I FUCKING LOVE SEVEN SAMURAI.
>>
Does anyone here actually watch Films anymore?

If I banepost would you reply?
>>
the cinephiles left with the tripfags and waifus

all that is left are memes and capeshit
>>
>>63493427

>If I banepost would you reply?

Pour vous.
>>
>>63493196
It was great. Watch Throne of Blood next.
>>
Inb4 300 replies calling it overrated
>>
>>63493196
What will happen ITT
>reddit finger pointing
>Pretentious
>Hipsters who pretend to like films
>Meme director meme film meme actor meme genre
>>
>>63493196
>The bandits?! The bandits?!?!
>They're all dead
Hits me right in the feels every time
>>
>>63493196

possibly one of the most overrated movies ever made

the love for it is completely befuddling to me. it's so full of zany characters that the goofiness of the tone overpowers any emotional core it might have had. I appreciate its importance historically but watching it now is just a chore. Ikiru and Throne of Blood are masterpieces though.
>>
>>63493196
do you jerk off to your criterion collection as well?pretentious faggot?
>>
>>63493196

ya even the title music/credits on their own are superior to most entire films ever made

smoke some crystal meth and watch it again sometime, it'll really blow you away

same for terrance malleck's "the new world" (extended)
>>
>Best film of all time? Citizen Kane, seven samurai, 2001.... this list could go on!
Stick to Star Wars and Batman movies kiddo
>>
movie?
>>
pretty overrated to be honest family

what exactly is great about it? I can't think of anything groundbreaking in it and there are better films made before it
>>
Not perfect but a 9/10.
>>
>>63493673

as an ex-user, that shit isn't the best thing to watch film with.
>>
>>63493196
God i love that feeling when you finally watch a classic movie and it completely lives up to/surpasses the hype.
>>
>>63493675
whom dost thou quoth?
>>
Movie too long. Why didn't they make it a mini series?
>>
>>63493196
I've actually never seen it.

Considering how supposedly influential it is, I'll have to give it a shot.
>>
>>63493196
>IT WAS THREE FUCKING HOURS AND A HALF HOLY SHIT AND IT WASN'T EVER BORING.
This
>>
>>63493722
https://youtu.be/doaQC-S8de8

>>63494501
I remember the first time watching it and being kind of tired of it after two hours. Then when It was ending I wanted it to keep on going.
>>
>>63493196
>inb4 contrarian "overrated" comments
oh wait.
>>
My favorite movie... Tropes before they were tropes, mind you.

Yojimbo would be my next recommendation if you're hitting up Kurosawa flicks.
>>
>>63495060
This guy again... When Yohei (the old man coward) mans up it and then gets killed always makes me weepy.

Kyuzo vs the bully (when Kambei sees his skill for the first time) is sublime.
>>
>>63493564
sad and true
>>
>>63495060
>Yojimbo
Best thing about Fallout 4 is Yojimbo and Sanjuro are two of the prerecorded names you can pick.
>>
File: 1433489758654.jpg (499 KB, 1067x743) Image search: [Google]
1433489758654.jpg
499 KB, 1067x743
sword of doom or harakiri?

which 1 has cool niggas slicing shiet up
>>
>>63493664
ikiru is great, but this is still good as an action adventure basic samurai movie. no clan politics or lengthy bushido code talk, its long but if you take the time to watch it instead of just flipping it on i think it still holds up, more so if you take the historical context into consideration but even without i dont think its bad
>>
>>63495345
Samuel L Jackson likes Sword of Doom
>>
>>63495345
not harakiri, havent seen the other bit harakiri has 5 minutes of sword fighting. great movie though
>>
>>63495345
If you want cool niggas slicing shit up Shogun Assassin is the best.
>>
Check out Samurai Fuction. It's a modern film done in black&white. It's part Samurai flick part dark comedy. The main dude wrote the song for Kill Bill's infamous 'Bride kills the Crazy 88' scene. He did all the music in Samurai Fiction.
>>
Why do mongoloids watch anime when they could watch glorious nipon cinema?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.