[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we post some examples of a case where a film completely outshines
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: images (1).jpg (14 KB, 333x499) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
14 KB, 333x499
Can we post some examples of a case where a film completely outshines the book?
>>
Blade Runner. Every Stephen King movie.
>>
The Godfather even though I liked the book too.
>>
>>63493185
The Narnia movies. The books were ass.
>>
Jurassic Park
>>
>>
>>63493185
The later Harry Potter movies.
>>
>>63493185

Only someone who reads little or has a mediocre grasp of literature would think that the highly flawed Apocalypse Now is better than Heart of Darkness

>>63493512

this is correct though

>>63493375

why are you talking about literal children's literature?
>>
>>63493185
>Blade Runner.
Id argue there both seperate entities. The book even has a different name, and is too different in content to honestly be compared. Dream of electric sheep is honestly the ultimate red pill,
>>
>>63493583
I think you must've missed the Harry Potter guy.

I can tell you that Hitchhiker's Guide wouldn't of been popular if not for the movie. Nobody payed attention to the book before 2005 because it was absolutely retarded. That should tell you enough about your Reddit book.
>>
>>63493660
Why are we talking about Hitchhiker's guide? Adams is the epitome of reddit hack.
>>
>>63493583
>literal
>literature
>>
LOTR
>>
>>63493462
the book is better
>>
>>63493238
>Every Stephen King movie

Nah.
>>
>>63494214
I disagree.
>>
>>63493185
Finally got around to watching the redux the other day. While some good additions were made, the French scenes and extra bunny scenes threw the pacing off big time. Theatrical cut > redux. 9/10 movie desu familia
>>
>>63493303
How do you think the guy who wrote the book felt when the movie completely eclipsed his work?
>>
>>63493185

The Gunslinger
>>
>>
>>63493185
>Joseph Conrad
>"outshone"

Seek help quickly OP
>>
>>
>>63494386
Camon m8
>>
>>63494441
I literally thought this poster was a joke until I looked it up.
>>
>>63494262
Which one isn't better? I guess made for TV shit like the Langoliers. Probably Carrie too. Cujo is awful all around. Better: Shining, Green Mile, Running Man, Children of the Corn, Shawshank Redemption.
>>
>>63494386
The philosopher's stone is objectively the correct answer.
>>
File: Carrie-1976-edited-BE.jpg (194 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
Carrie-1976-edited-BE.jpg
194 KB, 620x413
>>634593238
-Carrie(1976)
Face it, there've been some real clinkers in the adaption line such as:
-Children of the Corn (all of them)
-Graveyard Shift
-Maximum Overdrive
-sleepwalkers
-Creepshow 2
-The Lawnmower Man (both)
these cannot be taken seriously.
>>
I sure hope this is b8, HOD is literally the best book ever written.
>>
>>63494800
Ok, yeah. But were those actual big studio productions with budgets where they tried or were they straight-to-video? I guess a movie's a movie, and maybe that's a dumb line to separate.
>>
Stardust
>>
>>63494916
Go kill yourself you cock juggling thundercunt.
>>
>>63494935

The movie, while cutting some stuff, managed to add some charming stuff that kept the movie feeling like a light hearted adventure. The added final confrontation was great, though I think they should have left in the bit about the Witch not being able to take Yvaine's heart because it wasn't her's anymore. I also like how the movie has a happy ending, while the book leaves you on a downer
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.