[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this? Would it have been worth butchering Dune?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (192 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
192 KB, 1920x1080
Thoughts on this? Would it have been worth butchering Dune?
>>
One of the worst movie concepts ever. Most of the designs look like homosexual clowns in clown drag. The plot outline makes the prequels look like Shakespeare.
>>
what a hack, also I liked Dune but the ending sucked
>>
This truly was a dangerous movie. Society as we know it would have collapsed if it were made and released.
>>
>>63493069
All the while watching I was thinking "this is so ridiculous" but his charisma kept pulling me in. I can see how he managed to get all those people involved... but for fucking Dune?
>>
>>63493190
Didn't matter what the project was. He just knew a lot of people. They were his friends so he could convince them to do really dumb projects. Like Adam Sandler.
>>
>>63493035
recently saw the movie and the documentary. Honestly I'd be all for the real Dune being released. Loved the designs, the story. I could do without the DUDE WEED LMAO though.
>>
>>63493249
>the real Dune

That ain't the real Dune mate. The closest thing we will get to an adaptation of Dune is the Brain Eno track for the lynch film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4SwFhfNh1w
>>
It probably would've been something along the lines of Jupiter Ascending. It would've just been remembered as something incredibly weird just like his other work.
>>
>>63493328
The SciFi channel miniseries was the closest adaptation to the book.
>>
>>63493035
I think the visuals would have been amazing, but for a bunch of guys that hadn't read Dune, I bet it would have been rough. When they talked about the changed ending, I would have flat out hated it.

I loved the documentary though and if they got their shit together and made reprints of that book, I would buy it.
>>
>>63493376
But its complete low budget shit. The acting, sets and effects are atrocious
>>
it's alright. it tells a cool story and Jodo is an interesting guy

don't take it too seriously though, it's basically just "DUDE MY MOVIE WAS GOING TO BE SWEET"
>>
>>63493035
The exact same people that love Holy Mountain and El Topo would have loved it. It wouldn't have been successful commercially but maybe it would have created some movie memes. That scene towards the end of the documentary where they show all the little elements that made their way into other movies after that crew broke apart, all those probably would have still happened and maybe it would have made even bigger ripples.
Lynch's version would never have been made, and for all it's quality problems it helped popularize the story and has been a regular repeat on broadcast tv and cable for years. Jodorowsky's version wouldn't have. That might also mean we wouldn't have the 2000 miniseries either.
The documentary has probably generated a little more interest in some quarters about doing another version, though. Even money whether it's closer to the book or closer to Jodorowsky's vision.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.