[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i'm confused. was anakin/vader supposed to be more powerful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5
File: file.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
i'm confused. was anakin/vader supposed to be more powerful than sheev in the end? it didn't seem like it. i never saw vader with that cool electric power.

sheev told yoda that anakin would be more powerful than them both. and it seemed like that never happened.

i'm just trying to understand the force users power level before we're introduce to snoke/plagioues which according to you kucks is the most powerful dude ever.
>>
Vader would short himself out
>>
>>63490038
I'm trying to have a screenwriting thread and someone posts a SW troll thread.

Force help me, I'm going to kill some younglings if this continues.
>>
TFA luke will be the most powerful force user in the history of star wars. You can quote me on this.
>>
>>63490038
>power level

nigga this ain't DBZ
>>
File: NagaSadow.jpg (231 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
NagaSadow.jpg
231 KB, 1024x768
>>63490186
Has Luke blown up a star using the force?
Has anyone else blown up a star with the force besides this bad ass mutha fucka?
>>
>>63490095
>Force help me

Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>63490038
>which according to you kucks is the most powerful dude ever.
Wrong. Everyone knows that title is reserved for Darth Bane.
>>
>>63490481
>Darth

That right there shows his weakness and does not deserve to be considered Sith.
>>
Anakin was so rashly trained and subsequently misguided by Sheev that despite his status as the chosen one, he is nowhere near as powerful as the emperor.
>implying sheev would come even close to repeating plagueis' mistake
Sheev never trained him properly, he just used him as another pawn in his own scheme.

snoke isn't plagueis.
Kasdan and Abrams have EXPLICITLY rejected the prequels entirely and will no doubt retcon them by focusing purely on the OT
>even fucking Serkis says Snoke is an entirely new character
>Abrams rejects Plagueis is involved in TFA
>"hurrdurr but khan in star trek"
>"hey Abrams does the sun orbit the earth?"
>"no"
>"CONFIRMED111!!!! COPERNICUS REFUTED!1111!!!!!1"

as far as I can see sheev didnt even fucking train vader at all
>>
>>63490404
>EU
>canon
nice one desu senpai
>>
>>63490038
He would have become more powerful eventually, but his shit got rekt and he became a cyborg
>>
Vader was supposed to become more powerful if he had continued to train in the dark side but getting high grounded by Obi-Wan made him a cripple and lowered his ceiling, hence why Sheev tried seducing Luke.
It's not complicated.
>>
the official story is that the assbeating he got removed a lot of his potential

which isn't consistent with anything in the books, where people like Bane became a bigger guy in spite of mutilating himself and being in extreme pain from his armor pets
>>
>>63490404
>>63490666
the ancient sith was some DBZ shit levels of insane tbhfam
it's for the best that the EU got canned
>>
>>63490605
The emperor was Darth as well. All sith are Darth
>>
>>63490875
>all sith are Darth
no
>>
>>63490847
but we will always have midichlorians that establish power levels throughout the star wars universe
>>
>>63490900
Name one
>>
>>63490751
/thread
>>
>>63490186
Ya, bold prediction, faggot.
>>
>>63490968
Going by there movies there are none, but that doesn't change the fact that Darth is a title.
>>
>>63490751
That's funny, because I seem to recall Vader picking him up sending him to his death, when Yoda couldn't beat him.
>>
well this >>63490751 is most of it. but also remember in return of the jedi, vader was able to grab sheev while lighting up luke, took all of the hits and still threw sheev over the railing to his (alleged) demise. obviously it took all of whatever potential vader had left in his crippled body because he died shortly after, but he was able to.

i do hope luke ends up being the strongest jedi for this new sequel trilogy, that and i hope he wields his rotj green saber.
>>
>>63491040
>but that doesn't change the fact that Darth is a title
Yeah, the title of a sith. You said that the fact that Darth bane was "darth" was enough of a reason to suggest he wasn't the strongest, but all sith are Darth so that doesn't mean shit. The fact that "Darth" is a title doesn't stop someone from being the strongest. You're retarded and now so am I for bothering to reply to this complete bullshit with a genuine response
>>
>>63494235
>>63491040
I think he may be talking about dark side users..?
really not sure, cause he dumb af
>>
>>63490038
Lucas always said the 9 episodes were about the rise, fall and redemption of Vader.
Luke, Han, Leia are not the focus of the story, it was, is, will be, all about Vader.
The next three will be about the Resurrection and redemption of Anikin/Vader.
Everything else is window dressing, it is all about Vader.
>>
>>63494505
I would honestly love to see Anakin revived somehow, as long as Hayden gets another crack at it which I think he could pull off very well with the right director
>>
>>63490847
Cause the new EU is so much better right?
>>
>>63490038
Armor restricts force powers. Noob.
Also darth bane is the most powerful dude ever.

That being said, star wars sucks and so does george lucas.
>>
>>63495176
Fuck that nonsense.
>>
>>63495176
>You too have been having thoughts of redeeming Hayden
great minds think alike senpai
me too
>>
>>63490186
You can only go out and eradicate every bad guy in the galaxy and be known as Luke "The Destroyer" for so long until someone says hey that a bad guy.

Lukes quest for balancing actually starts to turn and when people turn on him is when he decides to hide out.
>>
>>63491833
>>63492853
>being able to pick someone up is because of the dark side.
you can argue that sheev was so blinded in his anger towards luke that he failed to notice vader's shift in allegiance. or it's muh power of love.
>>
>>63490038
Seems likely that Palpatine limited Vader's training somewhat. Also it makes sense to me that the whole lightning thing wouldn't jive well with having a metal suit. And the metallic body would also reduce his martial arts flexibility and what not.
>>
Anakin pre mustafar was in fact a stronger duelist than sheev byt post mustafar was a little worse

Sheev was ALWAYS the most powerful force user in the galaxy

If anakin continued his training with sheev without getting crippled by obiwan he would have been more powerful than sheev anf taken his place
>>
>>63490038
>power levels

Get out with this PT shit
>>
File: 1449690507795.jpg (31 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
1449690507795.jpg
31 KB, 408x408
>tfw CGI main villain in TFA

This will kill the film. He wont be menacing or believable in the slightest. It'll be Ultron all over again. Computer bullshit NEVER works in this regard, especially for a humanoid character.
>>
>>63490038
When palpatine put him in the vader suit, he made the makers do a half ass job on it so he would only get so powerful.
>>
>>63490276
/thread
>>
>>63490038
Vader got kucked by both his mentors, obi-wan and sheev. They both feared his power, because technically he was the most force capable person ever, but he was never trained properly. They both knew if he was fully trained he would be a force they couldn't control.
>>
>>63495176
no you don't get it the point is not literal reincarnation of his body but rather the revival and redemption of vader as an idea.
>>
>>63496311
What about Serkis?

I believe he can do it.
>>
>>63498329
>HES HOLDING ME BACK!

Maybe he did, but for what he thought was good.. in his point of view.
>>
>>63495176
Wasn't Hayden confirmed to be casted in the sequels?
>>
>>63498555
If so, maybe hes in one of them holocron message things.
>>
>>63490621
Vader was already trained as a Jedi when he turned....I don't think he needed much more training than encouragement to use the Dark Side
>>
>>63495732
what are you talking about man? at least for my quote, i said he used all of his remaining power (whether it was from the light or dark side or both, doesn't matter) to destroy sheev and save luke. that's it, don't get it all twisted.
>>
>>63498655
he sure as hell needed more training in patience, understanding, and a lot of other things.

Plus, he did not beat Obi-Wan in a straight fight, so there is that.
>>
Didn't Sheev realize that after losing and being crippled Anakin wouldn't be what he hoped for so he intentionally limited his powers in the surgery?
>>
>>63490751
This, he got high grounded.
>>
>>63499606
Maybe in EU shit. That isn't explained in the movies.
>>
>>63490276
>implying the force isn't stronger with some than the others

nigga plz
>>
>>63490605

>snoke isn't plagueis

How does it feel to be so wrong. Its pretty much been proven in yesterdays thread that it is. Didnt you see those vids?
>>
>>63496311

I didn't even think about this.... fuck.
Even prequel Sheev will be better than a CGI boss.

Grievous was not bad, tho.
But only because it was extremely alien.
>>
>>63494505
Is that why his screen time is 9 minutes in the movie he appeared the most?
>>
>>63499606
If the crippling lowered his power ceiling, why would palpatine deliberately lower it further?
>>
File: 1448087001902.webm (866 KB, 1280x546) Image search: [Google]
1448087001902.webm
866 KB, 1280x546
>>63490038
>trying to make sense of the prequels
I mean right from the start Anakin was "said to bring balance to the force" despite the fact that the jedi were in complete control and thought the Sith had been wiped out, and only 2 were in fact left. So what the fuck would they want him for in the first place? The whole thing makes no god damn sense. And that's not even getting into all the ensuing stupid shit that doesn't add up.
>>
>>63490038
>>63490276
>>63496288
Actually it is entirely power levels and >>63490680 was right with the reason why.

According to the prequels a person's force sensitivity and the ceiling to their potential power over the force is determined by their Midi-chlorian count. When Qui-Gon Jinn gave Anakin a bloodtest he measured his Midi-chlorian count at 'over 20,000' to which a greatly surprised Obi Wan exclaimed "is even higher than master Yoda".

Sheev as the OP mentioned said Anakin had more potential than either of them so why does he end up his lackey rather than the the unstoppable Sith he was supposed to become? Well he got his limbs chopped off and then most of his body burned and as we know Midi-Chlorians live in your blood loosing that much blood and parts of your flesh greatly lower your Midi-Chlorian count so his nearly god like 20,000 Midi-Chlorians was greatly reduced.

Anyway
2,500 Average joe
5,000 Force sensitive
8,000 Powerful Jedi/Sith
12,000 Master Yoda
15,000 A being born of "pure force"
20,000+ Anakin
545,000 Goku (Kaio Ken x10)
>>
>>63501856
They interpreted it as balance in the force = no negative energy (sith), but that's because the Jedi were so far up their own asses they thought they were the human embodiment of the force
It wasn't until vader kills obi wan that he brings balance
(Luke and Yoda v Vader and Sheev)
>>
>>63502146

Thats some scientology tier shit right there
>>
>>63502275
That's Star Wars for you. I still don't understand how shit that stupid got so popular.
>>
>>63501856
>2 sith left in universe - Sheev and Vader
>2 jedi left in universe - Yoda and OB1
Balance to the force.
>>
>>63502322
It's like pottery
>>
>>63502237
But then Yoda, Sheev, and Vader die. Leaving only Luke. What kinda fuckin balance is that?
>>
>>63490404
>EU TRASH

STOP THIS MEME
>>
>>63490038

The answer is midichlorians.

He would have been stronger, but he lost his legs and with them all the midichlorian stored within those legs. That is like... 40% of his power gone right there.
>>
>>63502337
Nah, balance has to do with how the force flows not how many force users there are. George didn't really explain it well in the movies.
>>
>>63490038

>i'm just trying to understand the force users power level

Best place to start is to forget that the prequels ever happened because Disney / Lucasfilm going forward sure will. You're never going to see midi-chlorians ever again which is pretty much the only way to "measure" the power of the force in someone.

In the old EU (which is also entirely gone) people could be super strong in the force, and people could be so weak in the force that they could only make objects twitch or have really useless 'bad-feelings' about vague things. If you were above a certain threshold it was a good idea to train as a Jedi because otherwise you could end up harming yourself or other people because your too strong in the force and wouldn't know how to properly control it. In the star wars tabletop RPG you often saw people opting to be really mild force-sensitive characters because it was an interesting character trait, but didn't lump you in with full-blown jedi / sith or their drawbacks.

In the current canon the force has gone back to being just a largely mysterious thing that you either have or don't and if you have it you can choose to ignore it (like leia) and you never develop wicked sick powers.
>>
>>63490038
his midichlorians got burned.
>>
>>63502337
And then Plagueis awoke and trained Kylo Ren, while Luke's gone in to hiding but will probably teach Rey
There won't be balance in the force until the sides live in harmony, but it's in Siths nature to want to destroy Jedi so they'll just keep rotating new characters on both sides until it works out
>>
>>63496257
> Anakin pre mustafar was in fact a stronger duelist than sheev byt post mustafar was a little worse

Nah, Sheev would rail Anakin pre-high grounding and especially hard after. The only scenario in which Anakin was stronger than Sheev in any way, never came to be because Obi-Wan slapped him first.

Yoda literally sent Obi-Wan to kill Anakin after telling him that Sheev was too powerful for Kenobi to beat. How was Anakin stronger than Sheev at that point?

A good question is: why not simply have Yoda easily kill Anakin, then go after Sheev once they eliminated future Force Jesus from the equation?
>>
>>63502505
Obi Wan was the only Jedi that Anakin respected and loved, I don't think he would have held back if it was just a little green imp who had opposed him all these years
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 900x900
>>63502533
Anakin was trying to kill the fuck out of Obi-Wan that entire fight and still lost, if Obi-Wan could beat Vader at his skill/power level, Yoda would fucking annihilate him. Even as a kid I didn't understand why Yoda didn't just bop Anakin, then challenge Sheev at a later time.
>>
>>63490038
The point of Sheev's plans was to find the most force-sensitive beings and train them to the dark side while simultaneously eradicating the jedi.He knew that Anakin (prior to his fight with Obi Wan on Mustafar) would be the most powerful force sensitive being in the Universe. However as his hands and legs were cut off and he's got mad niggerish asthma now, his abilities were strong but not as strong as if he was organic and less machine.
>>
>>63502890
I don't know anything about that first but about training powerful potential Sith, but this pretty much sums up what happened.
>>
>>63490095
No one cares about you.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.