[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hate the term "underrated" when it comes to film
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
I hate the term "underrated" when it comes to film discussion but I really do feel that this is one of the most underrated films made in the last decade. What do you guys think? Other criminally underrated films?
>>
File: b5-brownbunny.jpg (35 KB, 317x450) Image search: [Google]
b5-brownbunny.jpg
35 KB, 317x450
>>63489332
>>
It's like this is literally your first day on /tv/

Everyone here drools over this film
>>
File: e40.png (545 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
e40.png
545 KB, 640x640
>Roger Deakins
>>
>>63489332
To be honest op, the only bard part of the movie was the script, the actors, and the rubber dildo nightstick. I actually liked the premise and location. The actors were overdoing it though.
>>
>>63489618
Really? I rarely hear it discussed. Same goes for the other two films in Dominiks filmography.
>>
>>63489771
But we always talk about Bronson.
>>
>>63489891
As far as I can tell Bronson is a Refn film with no connection to Dominik. Its a pretty easy to confuse Chopper with Bronson tho.
>>
File: MyTNopp.png (150 KB, 1224x714) Image search: [Google]
MyTNopp.png
150 KB, 1224x714
>>63489958
>>
>>
>>63489332

Very very underrated but there's still something absent in that film that's hard for me to put a finger on. There's just long lulls that feel like they're only there for us to relate to the ever-increasing uneasiness of Ford but it just doesn't work.
>>
>>63489620
>pleb can't handle one of the most celebrated artists of our time
>>
File: jj1.png (883 KB, 699x533) Image search: [Google]
jj1.png
883 KB, 699x533
Hey /tv/, you ever diddle a squaw?
>>
>>63491030

>wheres muh action scene its a cowboy movie!!
>>
>>63491117

No it had plenty of action for me but we already got the gist of Ford's descent with him killing hawkeye and the ending itself.
>>
This is a good film. And why does Casey Affleck play a weirdo in every movie he's in
>>
>>63489332
Its not underrated when film circles keep on talking about it.
>>
I didn't think it was that great. Overrated definitely applies to Pitt, although I do appreciate that he tries to make good movies.
>>
>>63491281
Inferiority complex to Bin Al Flecki
He should play Robin/Nightwing in the Justice League movie
>>
>>63489332

Considering an army of teens on /tv/ and reddit give Assassination a OMG SO EPIC UNDERRATED 10/10 rating, I'd say you post is completely contradictory, wrong, and ignorant. It's properly rated as a good movie. It's overrated by dumbfuck pleb morons like you.
>>
Why did he feel guilty for killing Jessi James and why did people give him shit for it? Jessi James was a horrible human who murdered and raped people and just an all around manipulative psychopath. The line I hate the most was when Ford was talking to his hot wife and she fucking goes "So the only reason you killed him was because you were scared he was going to kill you" or some shit like that. I wanted to slap her through the tv. Like are you fucking kidding me? What a stupid line from a stupid female.
>>
>>63491330

Uh oh, reddit likes it?

I fucking hate this overrated pleb garbage. Fucking normies
>>
>>63491330
Why the hostility anon? Why do you get so angry about another person's opinion?
>>
>>63491281

He was a pretty normal dude in Gone Baby Gone.

He was also pretty damn good in Out of the Furnace.
>>
>>63491372

Because despite you being correct, James was also highly charismatic and cultivated a popular mysticism around himself. He was idealized. A pop star in an age before pop stars.

Of course people were going to kill the dude who killed their modern day Robin Hood.
>>
>>63489771
That's because film discussion doesn't take place on /tv/

Everyone knows this board is exclusively for big maymays
>>
It was a pretty disappointing film.

Great ensemble cast wasted.
The other half of the movie, 'infamy' part was incredibly rushed.
The dreamlike Malick aping was bordering between good and grating.
>>
>>63489332
Out of the big 3 2007 films, I think about this one the most
>>
>>63489332
Except it frequently features on "Best Films of the 2000's" lists.
A WAY more underrated 2007 film would be Synecdoche, New York. One of the best I've ever seen, and almost no one talks about it, save for an occasional thread on this board.
>>
>>63489332

I loved it so much when it came out that I saw it in 5 theaters and was convinced that it was the most beautiful looking movie I'd ever seen. I still like it but my love for it has waned over the years. I think the theater experience was really essential for it. Seeing it now it just seems a little superficial and the narration should have been excised. It's got great aspects though.
>>
>>63492728
Because Synecdoche devolves into pretentious masturbation. By the second hour you just don't care anymore.
>>
>>63492728
Synecdoche is just too damn dense and quirky.
>House that is eternally on fire
Jesus why?
>>
>>63493046
That really should've been left out, it didn't really mesh with the rest of the film and was probably the worst scene
>>
File: tumblr_m9yu44PWx11r07iwuo1_400.jpg (8 KB, 352x245) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m9yu44PWx11r07iwuo1_400.jpg
8 KB, 352x245
>>63493010
>2nd hour, 2015
>not understanding or appreciating Sartrian existentialism in cinema
>>
>>63493254
The director decided to throw in a bunch of scenes that are supposed to change your life or some other shit. In reality, they're just baby's first existential crisis-tier. You can find the .jpg equivalent on tumblr for any of the "deep" speeches and scenes.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.