[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some movies with realer than real life CGI?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: realer than real life.webm (3 MB, 750x406) Image search: [Google]
realer than real life.webm
3 MB, 750x406
What are some movies with realer than real life CGI?
>>
>>63488875
Mighty Joe Young
>>
>>63488875
Is that fucking Kirk Douglas?
>>
>>63488875
Is Michael J Douglas CGI in that webm?
>>
>>63488875
the wonky mouth gives it away
>>
>>63488875
Pirates of the Caribbean, any scene with Davy Jones. That shit holds up so well.

Watching the "making of" Davy Jones and his scenes are incredible. The amount of layers of CG that went into his -- as well as the crewmen of the Dutchman -- is astonishing. It still looks like a costume.
>>
>>63488875
The Mummy Returns
>>
>>63489138
Specifically the Rock's character.
>>
The Mask starting Jim Carrey
>>
File: attackoftheclones.jpg (93 KB, 960x400) Image search: [Google]
attackoftheclones.jpg
93 KB, 960x400
>>
>>63489291
I remember in the original LOTR trilogy they took such pride in how every Orc was unique

What happened? Did Peter Jackson get lazy?
>>
>>63489360
IIIRC, he got less time for pre-prod for Hobbit than he did for LOTR, so they essentially didn't have the time to make more unique shit for each extra
>>
>>63488875

>>63488969
Are you fucking shitting me? That's the best 'Elixir of Youth' CGI we've had in the fucking business so far.
>>
File: Furious 6.webm (2 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
Furious 6.webm
2 MB, 1280x544
>>
>>63489360
He wanted to take his time on two movies but the Heebs in Hollywood wanted to make more money.
>>
>>63490979
It probably is, but it's still noticeable
>>
>>63489360
Del Toro left the project and for some reason Hackson dumped almost all of his pre-production work so everything was garbage.
>>
>>63489360
No, elves just all look the same. Ask a dwarf.
>>
>>63488875
holy shit i thought they just hired a younger actor who looked like him
>>
>>63491220
>this shit again
/tv/'s autism will never cease to amuse/infuriate me
>>
Elysium robot scenes.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.