[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just how DUDE WEED LMAO were The Wachowski Brothers when they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: The_Matrix_Poster[1].jpg (29 KB, 290x401) Image search: [Google]
The_Matrix_Poster[1].jpg
29 KB, 290x401
Just how DUDE WEED LMAO were The Wachowski Brothers when they wrote this film?

I refuse to believe a sober person could think of this plot.
>>
DUDE LET'S RIP OFF ALL THOSE DANK ANIMAYS LMAO

Very sober.
>>
>>63488558
>implying they didn't rip it off from somewhere else
>>63488614
> implying they ripped it off from animes.

They ripped off The Invisibles.
Which Grant Morrison definitely wrote while being high.
>>
no the problem was they were probably mostly sober or too wrapped up in ego because they think ripping things off is cool

then they had to make sequels and it got real interesting

then they got to make more movies and it turned into a full blown nightmare
>>
good movies fuck yourself /tv/
>>
To be honest, op, the only bard part of the movie was the script, the actors, and the rubber dildo nightstick. I actually liked the premise and location. The actors were overdoing it though.
>>
>>63489032
>then they got to make more movies and it turned into a full blown nightmare
Apart from Jupiter Ascending and The Matrix sequels, everything they directed was great.

The Matrix sequels sucked isn't entirely the studio's fault.
I'd put some of the blame of Jupiter Ascending's shortcomings on that as well, but the biggest problem with it was that it was actually a much longer story (600pages for the script's first draft) they had to awkwardly trim down to a single feature. Had it been a miniseries (and with someone more charismatic than Mila Kunis as the lead), it could have been good.
>>
File: lookmeintheeyesgoyim.jpg (22 KB, 294x294) Image search: [Google]
lookmeintheeyesgoyim.jpg
22 KB, 294x294
>>63488558
its the plot of artificial intelligence

terminator is another part of the genre

the matrix is a very real possibility and theres a chance you are in a a artificial universe already

so shut up you uneducated swine, not everything is DUDE DRUGS
>>
I'm writing an essay for a philosophy class about pop culture etc, going to use this film as my main example. basically plato and shit
>>
>>63489606
google "brains in a vat".
it might be relevant to your work.
>>
>>63489799
yeah we did all that putnam garbage last year, got a first in it somehow, cheers anyway anon
>>
>>63489606
If you want to really know what the matrix was about, listen to the interview done with David Williams about The Right of Self Determination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zks_D442RRs
>>
Best thread on /tv/ bros!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.